What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Aussie Flora and Fauna thread ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangativa

Veteran
Few more shots from the garden.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

Guest 26753

That last image is stunning! I love how the sunlight is refracting through the water droplet. Too cool!

Kangativa

Veteran
Cheers mate:tiphat:

Hey check out this, I was sitting on the computer early this morning and took this shot through the window, it was a bit dark hence the clarity......little bugger was after the young sprouts...lol

picture.php

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
I might just take a run up to the high country tomorrow and show you all what it's about. Give the new ute a blast.

Kangativa

Veteran
I might just take a run up to the high country tomorrow and show you all what it's about. Give the new ute a blast.

Wish I could jump on the bike and join you mate:dance013:

Yes I definetly miss those lyre birds, wombats, emus and most of all the Snow gums.
Bring back some good pics:tiphat:

High Country

Veteran
Wish I could jump on the bike and join you mate:dance013:

Yes I definetly miss those lyre birds, wombats, emus and most of all the Snow gums.
Bring back some good pics:tiphat:

Snowgums are on the way...might even see a brumby...better charge up the camera batteries.

Cheers.

High Country

Veteran
HIGH COUNTRY GOES TO THE HIGH COUNTRY

HIGH COUNTRY GOES TO THE HIGH COUNTRY

Up before the sun came up and off to the hills we go. Don't have to go far...they're in my backyard. Did a bit of deer hunting along the way when the sun came up but no luck, so off to higher elevations we go.

IT WAS SUNNY DOWN BELOW BUT NOT AT 5,500', IN WINTER THIS WILL BE ALL COVERED IN SNOW

picture.php

All those snow gums were burned in a massive bushfire 9 years ago. They look dead but they are not. New growth is coming out at the base of each tree.

SNOW GUM BURNED BY FIRE BUT REGENERATING

picture.php

BILLY BUTTONS AND TRIGGER PLANTS OF THE ALPINE PLAINS

picture.php

picture.php

NO SHORTAGE OF WATER UP HERE, THESE SPRINGS ARE EVERYWHERE AND RUN ALL YEAR ROUND

picture.php

DOWN AT ABOUT 4000', ALPINE ASH FOREST RECOVERING FROM FIRE

picture.php

ANOTHER SPRING IN THE ALPINE ASH FOREST

picture.php

These springs are the headwaters of a mighty river. In draught the springs never stop...a constant source of water.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
HC those pics are beautiful mate... I hope one day i get some land which is at least half at beautiful as that

Kangativa

Veteran
Awesome HC.....They really bring some fantastic memories, thanks for taking the time to do the Snow Gum:tiphat: I reckon they are the best of all our gums, especially when snow is on them.

Speaking of gums, here is a West Aussie pink flowering gum, with a East coast honeyeater.

picture.php

High Country

Veteran
hey high country ,,
nice pics man ,,
looks cold still ...
glad to hear you got the new ute , how does it go??

G'day Donald, it was quite cold up there this morning. But when it's 40C in the valleys below it's only about 20C up there.

The new ute is going well. These modern 6 speed intercooled turbo diesels are awesome.

HC those pics are beautiful mate... I hope one day i get some land which is at least half at beautiful as that

Unfortunately I don't own that land but who cares...I can go there anytime. One day shroomy some land will be yours.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
gee im glad you got that new camera kanga ,,
and yep ,, i guess i better get outside with the camera too ..
btw ,, going to pick up a new accessory , a mono pod ,
always had trouble with tripods ,
and can sure use help steadying the camera from time to time ..
ill let u know how it works out ,
thought specially for close up budshots it would be handy ...

Kangativa

Veteran
gee im glad you got that new camera kanga ,,
and yep ,, i guess i better get outside with the camera too ..
btw ,, going to pick up a new accessory , a mono pod ,
always had trouble with tripods ,
and can sure use help steadying the camera from time to time ..
ill let u know how it works out ,
thought specially for close up budshots it would be handy ...

Yeah mate it's good when somelse gives you a bit of motivation to get out there, and there is nothing like smoking a joint and going out with nature and just sitting there waiting for it to come to u.
You need to get used to a tripod at some time, especially for those time exposure shots and a cable release is also good so you dont hold the camera at all.
Have fun with the new toys mate:tiphat:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Beautiful photos mates :good:
Very inspiring to see, I'll try to get some pics of the South Australian coast line for everyone :D

Kangativa

Veteran
Totally agree Boom, some great shots:tiphat:

Thats it Don take lots, its only digital.....doesnt really cost much these days:dance013:

Here is some trippy stuff....Hope it's just not me:)

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts