What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Aussie Flora and Fauna thread ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wilbur

red belly black in the compost

red belly black in the compost

my first visit here. I like the bush SO MUCH and am privileged to live in x acres of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0776.jpg
    IMG_0776.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0775.jpg
    IMG_0775.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
W

wilbur

hi Bonsai

he (I think it's a he ... long and slender like a you know, not fatter and shorter like some I see) was seeking frogs under some black plastic I had the pile covered with.

cheers!

L

luvaduck

@ Silver Surfer - I love those shots, that beautiful moss that covers things down there, forest of that type are similar to the ones up north here, but an indivdual beauty of their own - maybe like cold weather for human's complexions? got any nice little streams down your way?

@ wilbur - nice looking snakes the red bellied black snake. Your ecosystem must be in good shape if he's hunting frogs. We only get the dreaded cane toad here, hard for the frogs to survive, and unfortunately the snakes still take the toads on which only results in two dead creatures.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cheers guys.

Yeah we got some nice streams and some decent rivers. There are quite a few platypus in a creek nearby. Yet to see them myself but the neighbours have spotted em.

Took this one in winter on a fishing trip. Caught a couple of nice whiting and cooked em right up. They were delicious!

W

wilbur

Luvaduck, the cane toads are a menace here too. the black snakes seem to have them worked out tho'. all of the predatory birds except magpies seem to have them worked out too. they flip them over and eat out the guts. (magpies don't eat them at all.)

trouble is little bits of dried out toad lie around and my fox terrier eats them. she's a battler tho' and after a 20 minute trip she chunders and is ok in five minutes. 13 years old but dumb as her own shit, she hasn't associated cane toads with her unpleasant experience.

cheers!

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Cheers guys.

Yeah we got some nice streams and some decent rivers. There are quite a few platypus in a creek nearby. Yet to see them myself but the neighbours have spotted em.

Took this one in winter on a fishing trip. Caught a couple of nice whiting and cooked em right up. They were delicious!

Nothing like a Whiting or Flathead tail. Delicious.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good isnt it. I got one of the older pics as a screen saver.

Heres something cool i found dangling from a wattle couple days ago.

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
Those bee's are pure epicness,

Would be sad to see the decline in bee's in this world, would truely destroy the nature of the web of life...

What breed are they, they seem rather large..
Peace.

Kangativa

Veteran
Hey oldman....Great shot, one of my favourite birds:tiphat:

Here is some Aussie magic.

picture.php

Testing the New camera on the Garden

picture.php

picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
nice shots kanga ,
glad to see you playing with the new toy and sharing the results with us ,,
what kinda cam man ,, takes a realy nice crisp pic ???

Kangativa

Veteran
nice shots kanga ,
glad to see you playing with the new toy and sharing the results with us ,,
what kinda cam man ,, takes a realy nice crisp pic ???

Thanx Don.....Its a Nikon, I just had to get a DSLR body as i have always shot with Nikon in the past so I have all the lenses that I need.
Going to take me a long time to work out all the functions on this girl....but like growing plants i love photography so Ill get there:dance013:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Thanx Don.....Its a Nikon, I just had to get a DSLR body as i have always shot with Nikon in the past so I have all the lenses that I need.
Going to take me a long time to work out all the functions on this girl....but like growing plants i love photography so Ill get there:dance013:
good choice man ,, i have the same ,
easy decision to make after i saw how clear and crisp abby normals shots were, now i just need his "eye" .. hehe ..
at least they are easy enough to operate without getting too technical ,, (easy mode for us dummies)
im thinking of getting a dvd series on photography ,, its either that or do a course ,, just cant seem to get into the books ...

picture.php

picture.php

Kangativa

Veteran
Nice shots.....I know what u mean about books, mine is about as thick as a small bible...lol

I read it a bit but I mainly use it when I am taking the shots and then practice with all the different things that are available.....I think I have done about 3000 shots since Christmas...lol, at least that is the good thing about digital, you can see straight away:jump:

Hey Bushy that is the plan:dance013:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts