What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Aussie Flora and Fauna thread ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Hi Donald. Trying to get in contact again but don't seem to be able to pm.been. A while since i have been on here.need to chat re ducks foot.
You will only have the space for 1 PM whilst your under 50 posts, if you delete the PM you have in your inbox you will be able to send a PM to Donald, or get your posts up above 50 posts and you'll be able to send as many PM's as you want. :gday:

nimbin1

You will only have the space for 1 PM whilst your under 50 posts, if you delete the PM you have in your inbox you will be able to send a PM to Donald, or get your posts up above 50 posts and you'll be able to send as many PM's as you want. :gday:

Thanks for the heads up.the prob im having though is i can't even find where the pm symbol is.its no where to be seen.any help please guys.thanks in advance.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hey nimbin ,
top right hand corner for private messages ,
or click on the name which will pop out a box with options,
also check your reputation, its in the "My IC" area for a message from me ..

nimbin1

Thanks Donald. Its not there though.everything seem different since the lock out that happened late last yea. There was a couple of us that it happened to. I got an email this morning from the moderator saying i can't pm because im a new member and have to make some more posts.now sitting here playing Mr paranoia waiting for my post count to rise and hoping its not a government conspiracy trying to trap me.sorry for screwing your thread up Donald mallard, but its my only way at the moment to make contact.

Kangeroos in the front yard.....national park to the right....whitest sand beach in the world....all on my door step..oh and 1 of my puppies sitting in some local fauna lol

God I LOVE Australia

S

Sat X RB

picture.php

The Eucalypts have flowered magnificently this Winter and these characters need a regular refreshement break after feeding on the blooms.

Hard to see here, but the Scaley Breasts are much smaller. They are not so raucous as the Lorikeets and are much easier to have around.

Cheers All!

Yes Sat, it's nice to have those guys around....unless you're trying to ripen fruit.
The clown, jet fighter pilots of the skies!
Beautiful Birds, we have 7 species of lorikeet in Australia, all stunning.

P.

S

Sat X RB

Perhaps the 'Scaley Breasts' are a type of Lorikeet too. wouldn't know because I hardly ever look at a reference book these days. unfortunate common name tho'. conjures visions of acute skin disease for me rather than beautiful birds.

"... jet fighters"? sure are! especially when they whistle close by one's ears at ninety k's!

and it's the King Parrots that get our fruit here ...

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:good: Beautiful photos friends :gday:
Keep on showing off our wonderful island full of amazing creatures and plant life, which is truly unique and deserves to be shown off :D
:smoke out:

S

Sat X RB

beautiful Bloodwood blossoms! most of the bloodwood blossoms like this we see in gardens around here are from hybrid plants ... so won't seed. none locally in the forest.

lots of native bees here tho'. loveable little insects, somehow!

european bees have almost disappeared in the forest due to, initially, prolonged drought ... then long periods of no food because of extended rain periods. good!

cheers ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
reminds me of the gum nut children persephone,
one of my favourite eucalypt flowers ...

that bee knows whats good by the look,
nice resin on the leaf of your male ,
his pollen sacs look loaded with cannabis pollen ,, hehe ...

S

Sat X RB

Native Legume Dry Schlerophyll Forest S E Qld.

Native Legume Dry Schlerophyll Forest S E Qld.

picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
heres a few recent shots from around the ridges ..

first one is obvious ..

but what is the second one,
ohh lets leave that to non aussies first guys,
i know you aussies can figure it out ,, lol ..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hey noydie you forgot to read the rules ,,,
lol ...
but yes your quite correct ,
lovely little presentation they make to attract their mate....

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hahahah all good mate ,
its hard to resist saying what it is if you know ,
i did see a mature male that day too,
lovely looking birds ...

Status
Not open for further replies.