What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY LITTLE SOG GOES 1000W

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Congrats on another dank harvest HC, very inspiring SOG mate, can't wait to see that strain of yours perform Outdoors :biggrin:
:smoke out:

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Congrats on another dank harvest HC, very inspiring SOG mate, can't wait to see that strain of yours perform Outdoors :biggrin:

Another day, another SOG, this strain is as reliable as a diesel engine. Outdoors under the sun should be interesting. Outdoor update next week. Thanks bOOm.

High Country

Veteran
I'M CALLING THE CLONES DONE

I'M CALLING THE CLONES DONE

It's been just over 3 weeks since starting the clones. This is about the limit of my patience. Out of 70 cuts 69 made it. One just sat there and did nothing so I pulled it. The rest have roots, a strike rate of about 98.5%. That's not bad.

69 CLONES WITH ROOTS AND GROWING

picture.php

ALL NICE AND HEALTHY

picture.php

Today I will transplant them into pots. The new mums will be born to maintain the strain and provide further clones in the future. Looks like I will have a few spares for another project.

High Country

Veteran
A NEW GENERATION OF MOTHER PLANTS ARE BORN

A NEW GENERATION OF MOTHER PLANTS ARE BORN

Just finished transplanting the clones into pots containing Yates Pro Mix.

YUMMY MUMMIES

picture.php

60 all up, 9 clones went to a friend. I will reduce the numbers of mums selecting the healthiest over the next few weeks. They will be topped and trained bonsai style. Now they are under a 430W HPS, 18/6 and we will see which ones turn out to be the best.

The strain has been maintained and will continue to produce bud in the same reliable way in the future. I don't need any more bud for the time being and the SOG'S are taking a break. It's nearly 9 years I have kept this strain and the new mums will ensure its survival to be able to produce single colas like this......

picture.php

High Country

Veteran
nice update HC :D that cola's a baseball bat man! :tiphat: hope the outdoor's going well

Yep, that's the sort of single cola this plant can produce under 1000W, 36 of them. Time will only tell what the big HPS in the sky will do. The big mums are going out soon. I have 8 out in one spot and a bunch of clones in another I cannot reach at the moment because of road closures due to flood damage. I'll let you know what happens.

High Country

Veteran
stunned,does BATs you produce under the 1000w is so nice!
i feel the couch loock with ya mate :)

I'm just lucky to have found a strain that will produce colas like that on every grow, guaranteed. I value this strain highly and rarely give it away. Very reliable plant, like a trustworthy friend, it never let's me down.

High Country

Veteran
:woohoo:

:bow:

be careful you dont knock someone out with those colas. Top Job!

It's not my growing method that produces colas like this, it's the strain, anyone could grow these in hydro or soil. Follow the basics and this strain will grow for anyone.....unfortunately it is clone only.....at the moment!

tryingsog

Hey HC,

Very nice thread. Like the way you keep it simple and absolutely love the outdoor pics. Crazy bushfires n all.

What a gem you've found there. Solid producer. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you end up with under the 1000w with 36 of them?

Very inspirational. I will go back here once I am setting stuff up to get inspired :)

High Country

Veteran
Hey HC,

Very nice thread. Like the way you keep it simple and absolutely love the outdoor pics. Crazy bushfires n all.

What a gem you've found there. Solid producer. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you end up with under the 1000w with 36 of them?

Very inspirational. I will go back here once I am setting stuff up to get inspired :)

The buds are still drying. I am doing a fairly slow dry in total darkness so it will be a few days yet. If I can get close 1g per watt I'll be happy, going by the size of those colas I might just get there.

That bushfire was a bit of a worry, a bit too close for comfort but I was prepared.

Try a SOG, tryingsog, they work.

High Country

Veteran
THE NEW MOTHER PLANTS

THE NEW MOTHER PLANTS

The new mums are going along just fine. I should be able to pick out the best for keeping soon and will start training them today. There are a few runts in the pack but they should be right.

ALL HEALTHY, GREEN AND GROWING

picture.php

SAY G'DAY MUMS

picture.php

The rest of the old mums still have to go out for there little outdoor adventure, maybe tomorrow.

High Country

Veteran
FEMINISED SEED, LET'S MAKE SOME

FEMINISED SEED, LET'S MAKE SOME

Well, I have just ordered a Silver Well Colloidal Silver Generator. So I'm going to keep some of my old mums and nuke em with colloidal silver in anticipation of male flowers. I really want to keep this strain going. Feminised seed will ensure it's survival in the event of any catastrophe. So MY LITTLE SOG plants are about to start pollen chucking. Let's just hope they put out those little yellow bananas.

High Country

Veteran
TIME TO CURE THE SOG

TIME TO CURE THE SOG

It's been about 7 days since the chop and the 36 single colas have been drying in darkness with a fan on them. The stems snap readily now so it was time to get all the bud off the stems. Once this was done each cola yielded about an ounce, some more, some less.

THIS ONE YIELDED 1.6 oz OR 45.3 g

picture.php

TOTAL WEIGHT WAS 35.8 OZ OR 1016 G, OF THIS STUFF

picture.php

NICE AND RESINOUS, STRONG LICORICE KIND OF SMELL

picture.php

So there you go, 1.016g per watt. That's about the best I've done. I think the 1000W really made the difference, maybe it was also because I checked the pH for the first time and this resulted in a better nutrient uptake.

But all in all it's probably just the strain. It has the ability to produce bud from the top to the bottom of each individual cola when grown SOG style. This was an 8 week grow apart from cloning.

Pretty hard to fault the single cola SOG style of growing, no veg time. I can't seem to fault the ebb/flow or 1000W either. So that lot turned out alright. I've got enough bud to keep me going and the SOG'S are having a holiday. Time to give the grow area a good clean up and modify a few things for future SOG'S.

I'll have a break from SOGGING and await the arrival of the colloidal silver generator.

Thanks.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
beautiful job mate! that will keep you stocked up for at least a week or two hehe :D can't wait to see how the selfing goes too!

High Country

Veteran
All the best to you darwin and shroomy. As some of you are aware I was not prepared to make clones of this strain available for various reasons. If I can produce feminised seed of this strain things may change. I am awaiting the colloidal silver generator with much anticipation. I just hope it forces this strain to put out bananas because so far it never has no matter how much I have stressed it. Time will tell.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
All the best to you darwin and shroomy. As some of you are aware I was not prepared to make clones of this strain available for various reasons. If I can produce feminised seed of this strain things may change. I am awaiting the colloidal silver generator with much anticipation. I just hope it forces this strain to put out bananas because so far it never has no matter how much I have stressed it. Time will tell.

you'll have to name the strain AHC - Aussie High Country hehe

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
mate Im deff interested to see how she reacts to CS :) best of luck with the fem seeds if you need any help with the process dont hesitate to ask mate, keep safe Shroomy