What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY LITTLE SOG GOES 1000W

Andyo

Veteran
Ok just checked

Ok just checked

I've still got the packaging and there is no mention of Plantastar only LU 1000 GRO. That MH sounds interesting and I'll check it out.
Ok i just checked Its same lamp internaly just different box
Great will watch your grow closely.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
1 WEEK OF VEG,1 WEEK INTO 12/12

1 WEEK OF VEG,1 WEEK INTO 12/12

I HOPE THIS LOT DON'T GO OUT OF CONTROL, FROM CLONE TO THIS IN 2 WEEKS, ALL PLANTS ABOUT 1' TALL

picture.php

The canopy is so far nice and even. The FIM seems to have worked, multiple colas coming out everywhere and the current growth rate is very rapid. All plants starting to flower.

Lamp is about 15" from the tops, I'll have to raise it soon or they will cook. EC is 1.6 which will be increased .1 each week as normal. PH, no idea cos I never check it. The spider mites have not returned but I am spraying regularly.

I'm not to sure about these bushy plants. I'm too used to single cola style grows. Trimming will be a pain.

Welcome to the jungle safari.

High Country

Veteran
i think you should try stretching it out to 8 weeks they usually just have a massive bulk stage in that extra week., well hopefully.

G'day Afro, I think 8 weeks might be pushing it, I don't want the trichomes to deteriorate. I'll give it a go though and see what happens but I get a bit twitchy with this strain at the end of 6 weeks.

If it want's to finish at 6 weeks, then so be it, done.

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
hey HC fair enough man if its a 6 week strain then the 8 weeks will probally destrouy the trichs on them, maybe 7 then haha.

High Country

Veteran
Just a little photo comparison.

DAY ONE, CLONES IN

picture.php

DAY 14, CLONES GOING BIG

picture.php

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
nice stuff man! i forgot to ask last time, how'd that jiffy pellet girl go? smoked her yet? what was the yield on that beast :D

darwin

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
NICE MAN, THEY PROMISE GOOD WITH MULTIPLE COLA,I'LL BE WATCHING FOR SURE THE PROGRESS.
I TRY TOPPED ONE BURMESE KUSH AND NOW HAVE 10 SMALL PROBABLY COLA, BUT I SEE YOUR FIM WORK VERY WELL , SHORT HEALTHY PLANT ..MAYBE IS BETTER FIM...

High Country

Veteran
nice stuff man! i forgot to ask last time, how'd that jiffy pellet girl go? smoked her yet? what was the yield on that beast :D

darwin

The yield on the clone in The Jiffy Challenge did not even register on the digital scales. Got enough for 2 joints though, did the job. I think I'll stick to SOG's, an ounce or two per plant dry.

High Country

Veteran
NICE MAN, THEY PROMISE GOOD WITH MULTIPLE COLA,I'LL BE WATCHING FOR SURE THE PROGRESS.
I TRY TOPPED ONE BURMESE KUSH AND NOW HAVE 10 SMALL PROBABLY COLA, BUT I SEE YOUR FIM WORK VERY WELL , SHORT HEALTHY PLANT ..MAYBE IS BETTER FIM...

The FIM method of pruning does indeed appear to work. It was not a very scientific cut, quite rough and agricultural, maybe that's the secret.

Andyo

Veteran
Ph in hydroton verses PH in tank

Ph in hydroton verses PH in tank

I HOPE THIS LOT DON'T GO OUT OF CONTROL, FROM CLONE TO THIS IN 2 WEEKS, ALL PLANTS ABOUT 1' TALL

picture.php

The canopy is so far nice and even. The FIM seems to have worked, multiple colas coming out everywhere and the current growth rate is very rapid. All plants starting to flower.

Lamp is about 15" from the tops, I'll have to raise it soon or they will cook. EC is 1.6 which will be increased .1 each week as normal. PH, no idea cos I never check it. The spider mites have not returned but I am spraying regularly.

I'm not to sure about these bushy plants. I'm too used to single cola style grows. Trimming will be a pain.

Welcome to the jungle safari.
Having done years of hydroton ebb/flow
I found it good to test PH of run off from pots or tray at 1hr and 2 hr after draining as often the PH is rising due to uptake of nitrate ions and is way higher than the resivoir
Often my rez is at 4.5 and run off is 5.0 immediatly after drainage and 5.5 after 1 hr 6.0 after 2 hrs!A

High Country

Veteran
Having done years of hydroton ebb/flow
I found it good to test PH of run off from pots or tray at 1hr and 2 hr after draining as often the PH is rising due to uptake of nitrate ions and is way higher than the resivoir
Often my rez is at 4.5 and run off is 5.0 immediatly after drainage and 5.5 after 1 hr 6.0 after 2 hrs!A

Thanks Andyo for the information. On my next grow I plan to check the PH, just for something different. I think I am just lucky to live in a region with extremely good water quality. No pollutants what so ever, clean mountain water, clean air.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
The yield on the clone in The Jiffy Challenge did not even register on the digital scales. Got enough for 2 joints though, did the job. I think I'll stick to SOG's, an ounce or two per plant dry.

haha nice, fair call! all the best with the latest grow :D

darwin

High Country

Veteran
TIME TO GIVE THE MUMS A TRIM, WHAT WILL I DO WITH THE OFF CUTS? I KNOW

TIME TO GIVE THE MUMS A TRIM, WHAT WILL I DO WITH THE OFF CUTS? I KNOW

LET'S GET A FEW CLONES GOING, HERE'S THE DONORS

picture.php

HIKO TRAY, 60/40 COCO/PERLITE MIX

picture.php

40 NEW CLONES ACTUALLY, NOT A FEW

picture.php

The new clones will go into my warm water cloner. For a full explanation of the method, see my thread below, "NOT ANOTHER CLONING THREAD!"

The SOG is going along nicely, more pics to come this weekend.

Have a nice day.

High Country

Veteran
very nice man.

you arent trimming the suckers off?

Thanks Relentless, I trim the fan leaves and simply rip any side growth off the clone. This leaves a wound from which roots appear. This wound is soaked in Clonex. The clone is buried deeply in the Hiko tray.

Pretty agricultural method but it works for me. I don't worry about sharp cuts either, I just use the tool I trim the buds with. I don't do cuts under water or anything like that. This strain clones so easily. Wish I could turn one into a male.

I'm going to give this indica strain a name one day, Mountain Mist?

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
LET'S GET A FEW CLONES GOING, HERE'S THE DONORS

picture.php

HIKO TRAY, 60/40 COCO/PERLITE MIX

picture.php

40 NEW CLONES ACTUALLY, NOT A FEW

picture.php

The new clones will go into my warm water cloner. For a full explanation of the method, see my thread below, "NOT ANOTHER CLONING THREAD!"

The SOG is going along nicely, more pics to come this weekend.

Have a nice day.

I've been waiting for you.. Nice thread man I am subbed!! I'd love to see the way this turns out they're looking fantastic!

High Country

Veteran
I've been waiting for you.. Nice thread man I am subbed!! I'd love to see the way this turns out they're looking fantastic!

Yep, we will see what a 1000W will do with less plants but FIMMED. These will finish earlier than your SCROG.

Latest posts

Latest posts