What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY LITTLE SOG GOES 1000W

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
So here we go again, MY LITTLE SOG was finished and I have since done another run under a fading Phillips Son T 600W. Instead of replacing the 600W lamp I'm ramping up to 1000W.

Somehow managed to get another 40 clones going from spider mite infected mums. These mums have been culled. I've had to nurse the clones but I think they are now ready.

20-25 will be used in the ebb/flow, the rest for new mums.

This time I'm going to veg for a week or so, top them, use these for more clones and see what happens. Hopefully the 1000W lamp can cope with the extra colas.

40 CLONES IN A HIKO TRAY, 60/40 COCO/PERLITE MIX

picture.php

ALL HAVE ROOTS

picture.php

So tomorrow I pick up the 1000W gear and the clones go in for the 1000W adventure.

We shall all get to see what happens.

High Country

Veteran
I'm getting quite excited about this new horticultural project actually.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
i'll be tuned into this one man, i can't wait for see how coming man!!!
the hiko tray 40 clon is good man , how is the size ??

High Country

Veteran
A NEW BEGINNING

A NEW BEGINNING

Paid a visit to the hydro store and purchased more watts.

SYLVANIA 1000W HPS AND MAGNETIC BALLAST (THAT'S ALL THEY HAD)

picture.php

READY TO FIRE UP

picture.php

BUNCH OF CLONES READY TO GO IN

picture.php

THIS IS HOW THEY COME OUT OF THE HIKO TRAY, I PUT THIS STRAIGHT INTO THE HYDROTON

picture.php

I DECIDED TO DO THIS RUN WITH 16 CLONES, THE REST ARE GOING TO BE MUMMIES

picture.php

OK, so what have we got here.

16 clones, 3'x3' ebb/flow tray, flood 15 min every 3 hours, 1000W HPS on 18/6.

Veg nutes are in, EC 1.5.

I'm going to veg for at least a week and top them when big enough.

Sure, I could put 36 clones in this tray at 4 per sq/ft but this is a bit of an experiment. Next time I might do the 36 plant single cola style grow again, just for giggles.

The light should come on in 15 min, let the show begin.

High Country

Veteran
2 HOURS LATER

2 HOURS LATER

THE NEW LIGHT HAS BEEN RUNNING FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS NOW. TEMPS ARE STABLE AT 25C OR ABOUT 75F. A FAN IS ON THE CLONES, LIGHT IS ABOUT 2 1/2' ABOVE THEM.

picture.php

16 NEW MUMS UNDER A 430W HPS

picture.php

Got to keep on top of the spider mites, all grow areas were bombed with insect spray, sulphur spray is cocked and loaded, ready for another attack.

High Country

Veteran
Oh yeah, pumped to see this SOG from the beginning! Bring on the lumens!

It's not quite a true SOG where I would put them in at 4 per sq/ft and grow single cola style but it's something different and I want to see what one 1000W lamp can do.

Welcome aboard farmermatt, hopefully I can keep spider mites aka-the borg away.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
this is a nice read mate and a good project... I've recently been thinking of trying the old style SOG method with putting maybe 49 cuts in a 1.2m2 tent with 2 x 600w...

if I do this though I won't be giving any veg time (ie the cuts will be bought rooted and flipped that day) as I'll be up against it for time and looking for a quick turn around... SOG is new to me as I always did ScrOG or "candelabra" before, I'll be hoping I can get some good info from this and other threads like it :)

best of luck with the new bulb... :)

Last edited:

High Country

Veteran
this is a nice read mate and a good project... I've recently been thinking of trying the old style SOG method with putting maybe 49 cuts in a 1.2m2 tent with 2 x 600w...

if I do this though I won't be giving any veg time (ie the cuts will be bought rooted and flipped that day) as I'll be up against it for time and looking for a quick turn around... SOG is new to me as I always did ScrOG or "candelabra" before, I'll be hoping I can get some good info from this and other threads like it :)

best of luck with the new bulb... :)

In my last two runs I put the clones straight on to 12/12 with bloom nutes. Finished in 6 weeks, no name indica dominant strain.

High Country

Veteran
OK the new clones have been under 1000W for a bit over a day and are now on there second day cycle.

Time to do something different. EC has been increased to 2.0. They have handled strong nutes in the past. They have grown and I should be able to top them in a couple of days if not tomorrow.

picture.php

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
In my last two runs I put the clones straight on to 12/12 with bloom nutes. Finished in 6 weeks, no name indica dominant strain.

that's pretty encouraging news HC.... I imagine yeild was affected, but how did they do?

in my case its a matter of any will be better than none, but I'm still hopeful of a reasonable return...

High Country

Veteran
that's pretty encouraging news HC.... I imagine yeild was affected, but how did they do?

in my case its a matter of any will be better than none, but I'm still hopeful of a reasonable return...

The last time I had 36 clones in at 4 per sq/ft, true SOG style and dry weight was 1Ib 3.4 oz. Enough for myself and friends.

We will just have to see what 16 topped clones will do under 1000W.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
okay...I am interested in bed style SOG grows...soil or hydro, no matter....I like watching these uniform bud-cicles forming a perfect canopy....I miss my SOG....

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts