What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kangativa's Mullumbimby Madness Grow

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Very very nice work there bro :biggrin: Love the big sativa girls in the outdoor sun :biggrin:

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
wow man i just keep loving these plants, i gotta get me some of this smoke when i get over to aus xD looks juicy as.
do you supercrop the plants or top them?

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
mullum madness is the stuff of legend, you'll be very lucky to find anything like that here afro, I been here 40+ years and only ever saw it once ;)

Unless you make good friends with someone who has these seeds, that is ;)

Thanks for sharing those pics Kanga, you remind me of friends in the north coast I haven't been to visit in a long time. And I wanna change that ;)

G

Guest50138

Its funny how seeing pictures of big sativas makes you want to go north .I hate the cold!

Kangativa

Veteran
I guess those sativa's are appr 4 meters (13 feet) in height.Outstanding beautiful and my compliments mate.How many pounds / kilo's do you harvest from one plant??

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

Hi mate and thanx.....It depends but average is between 2-5lb. The best was the MM this year and it is still drying but it looks like 5lb from her.

Kangativa

Veteran
mullum madness is the stuff of legend, you'll be very lucky to find anything like that here afro, I been here 40+ years and only ever saw it once ;)

Unless you make good friends with someone who has these seeds, that is ;)

Thanks for sharing those pics Kanga, you remind me of friends in the north coast I haven't been to visit in a long time. And I wanna change that ;)

No worries mate......Let me know when you are coming.

Kangativa

Veteran
wow man i just keep loving these plants, i gotta get me some of this smoke when i get over to aus xD looks juicy as.
do you supercrop the plants or top them?

Hi Afro....The MM in that pic is a clone from a mother I grew during winter and revegged. This was the first year I did a few clones, Normally I do straight from seed that I start at the begining of August for the Sativa's and mid August for the crosses. This allows me to sex them out without any going into full flower, most just show a hair or two. Then I just put them out and let them grow naturally. The clones seem to produce multi stems.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hey kangative, this may sound like a lame question, but how much work do you put into your girls/boys when you chuck them outside. is it more intense initially when they're younger, you having to go check up on them etc a few times a week and then it tappers off as they get huge you don't really need to keep tabs at all until flowering/harvest time? cheers mate

Kangativa

Veteran
hey kangative, this may sound like a lame question, but how much work do you put into your girls/boys when you chuck them outside. is it more intense initially when they're younger, you having to go check up on them etc a few times a week and then it tappers off as they get huge you don't really need to keep tabs at all until flowering/harvest time? cheers mate

No mate it isnt a lame Q at all.......If it was up to me I would sleep with them..lol
I think the earlier part of their life is the easiest for me as all the nutrients are still to be used in the ground. Its when they get big that the real work starts. I like to foilar feed and keep the compost layed around the drip line and that all starts when they are big, plus you can have probs with storms or heavy rains when they are bigger.....Cheers K

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
lol yeah that's it! i'm the kinda guy who gets out of bed in the morning and before even taking a piss i check my babies in the closet! haha obsessed i know, but oh well everyone has to have a vice of some sort, my folks should be happy it's not cocaine or auto erotic asphyxia.

so once they get bigger would you recommend layering a lot of blood and bone etc around the base if i can't get my hands on enough compost etc, and always making sure to top that up each month etc if they're showing signs of nute def? and yeah after storms etc i'd most likely have to go in the next day to pick them up and make sure they're all A+ still. cheers for that mate.

darwin

Kangativa

Veteran
lol yeah that's it! i'm the kinda guy who gets out of bed in the morning and before even taking a piss i check my babies in the closet! haha obsessed i know, but oh well everyone has to have a vice of some sort, my folks should be happy it's not cocaine or auto erotic asphyxia.

so once they get bigger would you recommend layering a lot of blood and bone etc around the base if i can't get my hands on enough compost etc, and always making sure to top that up each month etc if they're showing signs of nute def? and yeah after storms etc i'd most likely have to go in the next day to pick them up and make sure they're all A+ still. cheers for that mate.

darwin

no worries.....hey watch out for that blood and bone.....use it with extreme care, coz if you lay it on thick and get a heavy rain it will fry them......best thing to do is mix it with the compost and let it break down, it will also help your compost break down quicker.
We had some bad heavy rains this year and I had snapped branches everywhere and plants laying down, lost a nice big Mex plant....so sad..lol

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
yeah sounds good to me mate, i'll have to get started eating a shit load of fruit and veggies and get the compost heap going! haha i'll chuck a bag of 5in1 seasol mix in (blood n bone, seaweed, fish, cow poo, the works! haha) the compost to get it mixed up and breaking down faster then. cheers :D

yeah i watched a doco by a legend called Kog (a grower's lot) a while ago and he had some plants in his plot fall over from winds and rain too so i'll have to watch that when these guys get started. might have to be vigilant with staking them etc for support. cheers again mate

darwin

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
have a look in the Organic Soil forum Darwin's, there's a pretty good thread (sticky?) specifically helping newbies out

if I weren't so blasted I'd go look for it hehe

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
great plants kanga , thanks for sharing them ,..
sounds like a nice soil mix , the ladies tell the tale ...
feel free to pop up more pix , im sure everyones loving them as much as i am ...