What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kangativa's Mullumbimby Madness Grow

G

Guest50138

Blacks, Browns and tigers here were I live. How often do you spot a rough scale Kanga?they look harmless enough but you shure dont want to get bit by one..nice snake though! I like red bellie's they are usualy placid....friend had one as a pet for a while very docile snake another month before I start seeing snakes, thats when I know it about time to plant out:)

Kangativa

Veteran
Blacks, Browns and tigers here were I live. How often do you spot a rough scale Kanga?they look harmless enough but you shure dont want to get bit by one..nice snake though! I like red bellie's they are usualy placid....friend had one as a pet for a while very docile snake another month before I start seeing snakes, thats when I know it about time to plant out:)

Hi mate.....Not as often as I used to when i was right on the coast. We were clearing a site once on my place there and one got run over and half covered so I went to grab it and the bastard bit me on the little finger...lol. So off to hospital, but lucky enough no venom entered.
Yeah mate the Reds are so timid they just run, I stepped on one sunny himself on the black mat at the front door....we both ran....lol another time we had two males doing their fighting entwining for ages and I was videoing them and they came right up between my legs while I was kneeling, hissing and carrying on , they stopped looked at me and just continued....lol....We also have the nice Bandi Bandi here as well, but never managed to get pics.

G

Guest50138

you know I have never seeen a Bandi Bandi one snake I'd love to catch a climps off...those rough scales are rear fanged thats why you got away with that one...lucky:)

Allotropy

Python when I went for a drive out to Nimbin..

Attachments

• pictures 502.jpg
    pictures 502.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 34
  • pictures 503.jpg
    pictures 503.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 25

Kangativa

Veteran
Yeah mate I have only seen 4 Bandies, 3 at night and one I dug up. They only eat legless lizards, so I think he was down chasing one.
Saw these 2 today out the front.....you can see the big one and the smaller one is on the left under the bush.

Attachments

• New Red Belly's 001.jpg
    New Red Belly's 001.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 27
  • New Red Belly's 004.jpg
    New Red Belly's 004.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 30

Kangativa

Veteran
Lol....I agree, better get back to what this thread is about Mullum Madness.....some pics

Attachments

• MM0003.jpg
    MM0003.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 40
  • MM0002.jpg
    MM0002.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 40
  • MM0001.jpg
    MM0001.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 41
  • MM.jpg
    MM.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 41

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Python when I went for a drive out to Nimbin..

looks like a carpet python, Morelia spilota

Yeah mate I have only seen 4 Bandies, 3 at night and one I dug up. They only eat legless lizards, so I think he was down chasing one.
Saw these 2 today out the front.....you can see the big one and the smaller one is on the left under the bush.

lol lucky you kept away from that one, i think it's a red belly black snake, Pseudechis guttatus, i can't be certain but from what i can see of the underside it's slightly orange on the side. love these guys :D they're beautiful but deadly.

Lol....I agree, better get back to what this thread is about Mullum Madness.....some pics

wow! in that picture on the very left of the colas is that smoke? or just that it's an old photo? i love the look of these sort of old pics, they always remind me of photos of my family i saw as a kid from them in the 70s and 80s, digital photos just won't age the same way and are of "superior" quality and just don't have the charm these older film cameras did.

Kangativa

Veteran
yeah mate they are Red Bellies, we have them around here all the time......That is a mating pair, not long now and we will have little babies, had some in the house last year, along with the Geko's, skinks and green tree frogs. They are posionous but harmless as they are so shy.

Your right the pics are just old ones, I just scanned some more so i put them up:)

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
yeah mate they are Red Bellies, we have them around here all the time......That is a mating pair, not long now and we will have little babies, had some in the house last year, along with the Geko's, skinks and green tree frogs. They are posionous but harmless as they are so shy.

Your right the pics are just old ones, I just scanned some more so i put them up:)

yeah i love your old pics mate :D that looked like a huge harvest, just one plant hanging there? yeah my family has a farm where there were always heaps of red bellies around, apparently even if they do bite you, 70% of the time they don't inject venom as they don't want to waste it. bah! wish i lived further north, way better animals up there hehe

Kangativa

Veteran
Jeez mate that made me go through the archives, then I remembered I took some pic with a instamatic.
Some of the pics in the big pics are crosses with these.

Attachments

• Victorian Indicas.jpg
    Victorian Indicas.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 47
  • Victorian Indicas0003.jpg
    Victorian Indicas0003.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Victorian Indicas0002.jpg
    Victorian Indicas0002.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 44

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
Jeez mate that made me go through the archives, then I remembered I took some pic with a instamatic.
Some of the pics in the big pics are crosses with these.

Thanx for the mate :) she look amazing

Do you have any more info on this strain Kangativa, Sorry i know you prefer to talk about the Sativas but that indica looks amazing.. looks to deff have a mix of both indica and sativa in it with an Indica stature and semi sativa leaves :gday:

catcherintheye

I wish the Aussie locals would start a wildlife thread. There are such beautiful pics of the Australian native wildlife in this thread, I really appreciate it. If theres time kanga maybe you can post some of the beautiful photos of the roos and snakes youve snapped, even the landscape. As for that mullum, only wish I could sniff one of those lightsaber colas.

are pythons introduced to Aussie or are they native? there are wild pythons on the east coast in America they were released and there are some big snakes out there.

much respect, keep the mullum coming:tiphat:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I wish the Aussie locals would start a wildlife thread. There are such beautiful pics of the Australian native wildlife in this thread, I really appreciate it. If theres time kanga maybe you can post some of the beautiful photos of the roos and snakes youve snapped, even the landscape. As for that mullum, only wish I could sniff one of those lightsaber colas.

are pythons introduced to Aussie or are they native? there are wild pythons on the east coast in America they were released and there are some big snakes out there.

I agree there , us aussies should get together on a wildlife thread to share the unique stuff we have ,, i know im loving bushys pics ... what do you reckin bushy???

Kangativa

Veteran
Thanx for the mate :) she look amazing

Do you have any more info on this strain Kangativa, Sorry i know you prefer to talk about the Sativas but that indica looks amazing.. looks to deff have a mix of both indica and sativa in it with an Indica stature and semi sativa leaves :gday:

Sorry mate but I dont have any info on that strain. When I first moved to the snowfields in Vic I met up with a Italian grower who's family had lived in that area for a long time. He had the seeds and said its what they had been growing for a long time.....anyway I did a small patch with him for the first summer and thats when I crossed a few MM's with that Indica. In hindsight I should have kept some seeds of that as a pure strain, but the crosses were so nice I just kept them going and now they are just part of the linage of my mixed stuff that I do.

Kangativa

Veteran

Hi mate ....Yeah Phythons are native to OZ, off the top of my head I think we have 5-6 species of pythons here.
Ill try and keep some pics going, I am sure Bushy and all the other Aussies have plenty of pics they could post up.

Donald is right we should do a Fauna and Flora thread from downunder:gday: