What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY LITTLE SOG

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Hello fellow aussies thought I would do a little post on what I have going on at the moment.

36 plant, SOG, ebb/flow, 600W Phillips HPS. Here they are below and as I had an excess number of clones thought I would create a new box of mums.

The SOG is now 2 weeks into 12/12.

Pistils forming.

I do single cola style and will trim lateral growth when necessary.

Just for a laugh I'm using Proganics bloom nutes available from Bunnings.

I start the clones at 1.5 EC and increase .1 EC each week. These girls are indica dominant finishing in about 7 weeks.

Clones go straight into hydroton.

Strain not known but clones easily, no hermie tendancys, nice smoke.

High Country

Veteran
dude more info lol.. like how long did u veg for?

No veg time, I clone in Hico trays or jiffy peat pellets, jiffy pellets from Bunnings, Hico trays from work. I'll post a pic of these trays tomorrow.

I propagate plants for a living. At work we use a 60/40 mix of coco/perlite as our propagation medium.

Bottom heat set on 24C, Clonex purple, high pressure mist jets.

The whole idea is to keep the root zone warm and the mist jets keep the upper vegetation cool and prevent transpiration loss.

The plants I propagate at work take take 6-8 weeks to put out roots.

This shit takes 7 to 10 days. At 7 days I feed with Grow nutes at about 1.00 EC.

At 7 days I give them a bit of a tug. If they don't come out I know they have roots and start to feed.

I try and time this so the clones are ready for the next SOG by the time the previous run is finished then straight into the SOG, 12/12, bloom nutes.

I maintain about 50 mums under fluoros and give them a boost with a 400W HPS prior to cloning.

Happy growing

Horrah

High Country

Veteran
Here are these Hico trays I was talking about.

40 clones per tray, each individual cell is about 10 cm deep, encouraging deep root growth.

Filled with 60/40 coco/perlite mix and into the propagator.

Excellent for outdoor grows, clones can be maintained for over a month or more and fed weak veg nutes and popped straight into the prepared ground.

Hoorah

Shalom

JWP

Nice growing m8. I like the sound of that 7 week strain =D
What sorta weight do you pull from that setup per round?

High Country

Veteran
Nice growing m8. I like the sound of that 7 week strain =D
What sorta weight do you pull from that setup per round?

No idea what weight I get, just grow it, smoke it and share it around.

May be 16 oz, fucked if I know.

I think a 1000W HPS would work better, but heat issues here in OZ in summer

I call this horticulture research

Hoorah

High Country

Veteran
Week 3 of MY LITTLE SOG and its time to get ready for the next round

36 little mums ready to give me some clones

Jiffy pellets soaked and ready

Little mum, jiffy pellet and clonex

Clone into the jiffy pellet

36 happy little cones

My heat mat shit itself, no problem. Spare water heater in a tub set at 24c

Tub in a tub, the warm water will provide the bottom heat for the roots to thrive in

Put the lid on

24 mums re-potted. I used to have abot 45 mums but the plant numbers paranoia was getting to me. These should produce enough clones for the next run

Mothers and daughters under the flouros

Last edited:

High Country

Veteran
Week 3 of MY LITTLE SOG, clones have been started for the next run and mums re-potted.

Here is MY LITTLE SOG at 3 weeks.

The stretch is on, white pistils forming along the entire length of the main and only colas.

Top to bottom buds developing.

Hoorah

Here are these Hico trays I was talking about.

40 clones per tray, each individual cell is about 10 cm deep, encouraging deep root growth.

Filled with 60/40 coco/perlite mix and into the propagator.

Excellent for outdoor grows, clones can be maintained for over a month or more and fed weak veg nutes and popped straight into the prepared ground.

Hoorah

Shalom

Hi High,
How do you take an individual plant out of these things? Push it out with a stick from the bottom?
And also, are those regular fluoros that your moms/clones are under? Annnd one other thing, please can we have a bud shot or two when this is harvested? Awesome grow.

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
if plant numbers are an issue cant u just bin everything but the best one mum and grow it larger and take clones? then they could do more plants in ur SOG (or just be happy w a lower plant count)

thats what we do over here. one mom can properly produce 36 clones in every 7 weeks. or use 2.. or 3.. but 36 moms for 36 clones??

otherwise, looking good!

if plant numbers are an issue cant u just bin everything but the best one mum and grow it larger and take clones? then they could do more plants in ur SOG (or just be happy w a lower plant count)

thats what we do over here. one mom can properly produce 36 clones in every 7 weeks. or use 2.. or 3.. but 36 moms for 36 clones??

otherwise, looking good!
About how big would a mom like that be?

High Country

Veteran

otherwise, looking good!

I have cut my mums down from 50 to 24, that was hard to do!

I just hate throwing plants out. I'm getting nearly a 100% strike rate with the clones and any extras are put into soil.

Don't want to kill the poor little things!

Maybe it's time to get ruthless.

High Country

Veteran
MY LITTLE SOG (4 weeks in)

MY LITTLE SOG (4 weeks in)

It will be week 4 of 12/12 tomorrow so I thought I would share with you how these little ladies are growing up, I think they want to get married.

Now on 1.8 EC, I'll do a res change tomorrow but first have to visit the hydro store for more bloom nutes. I will then increase to 1.9 EC.

The light is on so thought I would do a few jungle shots.

Hope there's no wild animals in there! I'll clean up the undergrowth when I do the res change.

picture.php

It's like a harem, girls everywhere.

picture.php

I think these girls are hanging out for a boy, they're not getting one.

picture.php

Pistils top to bottom

picture.php

Nectar of the gods developing, trichomes.

picture.php

In the meantime my clones for the next run are ticking along nicely, looks like it will be a 100% strike rate on these baby girls.

picture.php

Thank you and happy cultivation.

High Country

Veteran
Hi High,
How do you take an individual plant out of these things? Push it out with a stick from the bottom?
And also, are those regular fluoros that your moms/clones are under? Annnd one other thing, please can we have a bud shot or two when this is harvested? Awesome grow.

Hey Spanishwilly, I missed your post. You just poke them out from the bottom with your finger and put the plug straight into the prepared ground.

Hoorah!

Tatz

I´m impressed with these girls ! I´m kinda trying to achieve the same kind of plants.. Lovely Sea of Greenness !!!:greenstars:

High Country

Veteran
I´m impressed with these girls ! I´m kinda trying to achieve the same kind of plants.. Lovely Sea of Greenness !!!:greenstars:

I love SOG's, little or small, under flouro's or HID.

Easy way to grow I reckon if comfortable with cloning, mums and numbers.

I particularly like some of the huge SOG's found on this site.

Hey country,thats one nice sog you have.:tiphat:

If you don't mind I have a couple of questions for ya.
Do you put your jiffy/clones in your flood table and just cover them up with the clay balls?and if you do ,do you notice any bad ph problems with the jiffy pellets in the table?

one more for ya.
When you first put the clones in your flood table.how often do you flood?or do you hand water for the first week or two then start flooding?

thanks man:tiphat:

High Country

Veteran
Hey country,thats one nice sog you have.:tiphat:

If you don't mind I have a couple of questions for ya.
Do you put your jiffy/clones in your flood table and just cover them up with the clay balls?and if you do ,do you notice any bad ph problems with the jiffy pellets in the table?

one more for ya.
When you first put the clones in your flood table.how often do you flood?or do you hand water for the first week or two then start flooding?

thanks man:tiphat:

Yep, I clone in jiffy pellets or a 60/40 coco/perlite mix. These little ladies went straight into the hydroton, no pots. I ran the ebb/flow from the start, 15 min every 3 hours and once during lights off, but also hand watered until they fired up.

I have previously used net pots and grodan cubes, no problems. Thought I would try it this way for something different. Plants are growing happily as always.

PH problems, no, cos I DON'T CHECK THE PH, cardinal sin?, maybe but it works for me. My water quality is very good though. Local water supply is about 5.8 PH.

I do check the EC daily and change res weekly..

SOG to your hearts content.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Latest posts