What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Block Hash Amsterdam

S

spliphy

The new "Block Hash" claims to use between 100-150 grams of "dried flowers" to create 1 gram of hash which retails for 8-12E.

Several have noted the discrepancy between the market and the claim with the price of the hash doesn't compute.

I suspect the solution is seeded buds (no males are pulled in Morocco).

I also think this may be a good thing. Many have said that they prefer smoking seeded bud since the high is different from sensimilla. Myself, I often partially pollinate my plants and still very much enjoy it.

Very much looking forward to this when I visit. A 'heads up' to those who are interested. :biggrin:

S

spliphy

Jerry Garcia, Grateful Dead

Jerry Garcia, Grateful Dead

Has anyone ells heard this???? People preferring seeded bud is strange maybe something is happening chemically to cause this??????

No, nothing chemical, instead one has to be an old timer who grew-up with seeded bud. Jerry Garcia is famous for preferring it.

S

spliphy

Blue Dream, Super Silver Haze

Blue Dream, Super Silver Haze

They grew some popular genetics and made hash out of them. What is not to like?

It sounds o.k. to me but will have to try it.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Been smoking some of those blocks hashs , quality varies a bit. Also, be aware that some of them are mixed with rosin or oil.

Don't really care about the claim that they make 1g for 100g of weed. It can mean that their weed is very low in resin content, can mean they have also no clue how to make hash. Advertising.

The one i actually liked was the white choco, not bad. About 50/60% heads or so, greasy as well, smell fresh and hits quite strong.

Those block hashs are really soft and greasy, look very different from the common morocco. Very little CBD in there it seems, which make them strong compared to old schools hash, and that s also why it sells quite well.

The AK sample i tried from the Unity cup was no good, laced with rosin or sth, the high is weird and the smoke quite harsh.

Also, according to a bunch of friends who I trust for quality judgements, the others more expensive blocks (tangie, ssh) are no better then the white choco.

Also, I just have to add that these block hashes are the beginning of an environmental disaster in morrocco, due to the fact that these new genetics uses about 6/8 times more water to grow. The water scarcity is increasing dramatically there the last years due to these new genetics.

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
The one i actually liked was the white choco, not bad. About 50/60% heads or so, greasy as well, smell fresh and hits quite strong.

Word on that, that one is quiet popular, seen them on 100gr Placks since a few months also...

There is a big big huge thread about those coffeeshop selling the block hash and about the block hash in the world wide web :)

GoatCheese

Veteran
No, nothing chemical, instead one has to be an old timer who grew-up with seeded bud. Jerry Garcia is famous for preferring it.
When a female plant is focusing on seed production, it affects thc levels and terpene production and who knows what else.

You don't notice this in sensimilla taken from partially pollinated plant so well, but if you're smoking bud from fully seedes plants the difference can be quite big
:)

GoatCheese

Veteran
Been smoking some of those blocks hashs , quality varies a bit. Also, be aware that some of them are mixed with rosin or oil..

Some quite expensive Rifman Morrocan hash in Amsterdam ( De Dampkring, Tweede Kamer..) is actually soft as hell. So much that it comes in wax paper.
Had some of this a year ago.
Over priced imo, at 14-15 euros a gram. I'll stick to normal pollen for 12 euros max, which is still quite expensive, but the sticky stuff ain any better.

I believe they mix alcohol extracted lower quality hash oil with better quality pollen. Seen reports of people getting such squigy hash with crumbly/lumpy texture, and my guess is low-quality ice-hash mixed in with hash oil and better quality pollen.

They burn clean thou, so there isn't nothing but cannabis in there. But this is what you get in top coffeeshops.

I read some where that in Spain they go mad over these types of soft hash, cause they think it means "top quality", this soft shit :biggrin:. And this is why such stuff started to land in Amsterdam also ..who knows.

:)

Latest posts

Latest posts