Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dutch coffeeshops - post your latest reviews here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamieShoes View Post
    So, this just in....

last night I was at the unity cup award ceremony in Amsterdam where I think around 15 of the more well known shops entered... one shop I hadnt really heard of also entered... theyre called Superfly.. you know it?

Most likely not, and the reason for this is, this shop is not actually in Amsterdam, it is in Hoofdorp which is a tiny little place just the other side of Schiphol... around 25 minutes by train from central...or 4 minutes from Schiphol...

Now, why are you telling us this, Jamie? Well... Superfly whitewashed the whole thing, took home the top award in all four categories... not to mention their hash weighed in at over 80% THC (I think thats the one that was 80% anyway).

Whether or not they sell to tourists and all that I'll have to let you know after I make a visit in the next few days...
    nice one Jamie ,,
    Please let us know if they serve foreigners Little detour off the plane before going into the city would be nice,s2

Comment

the good news is, at the awards they said "all this shit is on the menu, we always have the best"... and I know a lot of shops buy in their entries especially, so if thats true ..woohoo
      test grows and other stories

Comment

I was thinking of going to the Dam for a bit... Sucks to hear that the bud isn't all that.

How late do the trains run? I might check out some shops in other cities but I don't wanna get stuck.
        If hereafter any highly cultured, poetical nation shall lure back
        to their birthright, the merry May-day gods of old; and livingly
        enthrone them again in the now egotistical sky; on the now un-
        haunted hill; then be sure, exalted to Jove’s high seat,
        the great Sperm Whale shall lord it.

— HERMAN MELVILLE, from Moby Dick

Comment

mate, I dont know why people keep telling you the bud isnt all that... I've seen lots this week and only one shit one (I didnt actually see it, but Mack 10 told me about it) he also bought lots of samples from different places and they were good... the hash is in great shape as well man, expensive, but very strong yet clean!.

if you go to Voyagers, 1e Hulp, Boerenjongens (and a bunch of others that I cant think of right now) you will be able to find decent bud...

trains run quite late between the cities but after midnight get fewer and fewer...

Comment

If you check the tubs you should get good stuff.
            Like JS said the only crap I brought all trip was
            CBD Maui Haze from Tweed kamer, 10e/g.

To be fair it was 8.30 pm, the weather was terrible and
            Everyone had snapped up all the good stuff.

To my shock only two tubs ( from 10+) had anything in them.
            Neither smelt very good but the CBD MH was at least in bud form.

Basically I was being polite buying that crap to get out the rain.
            It was worth the 10e just for that.

Very nice hash around, just got to mooch about to find it.
            I went through 530e, 1 crap buy.10e.
            sigpic
            Double OG.

Comment

Hi there, just got back from the Dam.

Like Mack said, if you look in the tubes youll find some good stuff, but be prepared to pay for it

Prices have really gone crazy, Ive found it harder and harder to find some good asian import hash.Best was Nepalese cream at the original Dampkring, fresh glittering goodness, impossible to handle at room temp, sticky AF, great happy shiny high...too bad they only had 2 spliff left...also bought nepalese at Bluebird, really average and not fresh.The Malana cream was good but waayyyyy overpriced.
              You can do with the plant wath ever you want.
              When you plant seeds that plant is always yours, Claiming stuff is for wankers.

Sharing is Caring.
              Karma Genetics

BRF...a cheap soil improvement solution:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=302213

Comment

As for the herb, the standout was Kosher Dawg from Dampkring.
                Fuely, chemmy stank with a touch of sweet lemon from the Kosher, a bit of expansion in the lungs, but really a nightime smoke, very strong....

I told the budtendress in Voyagers my last purchase was not properly flushed (fromage bleu=blue cheese), she acted as if she didnt understand what I meant, was a bit upset and proceeded in showing me and let me smell all the tubs

Headband was a good sour strain example, overpriced of course...
                Their Amnesia haze (Soma)is really top notch as always: HUGE swollen calyxes, caked in trichs, perfectly trimmed and grown to perfection.

As I read on a menu: she's an old whore, but she's a good whore...nuff said
                You can do with the plant wath ever you want.
                When you plant seeds that plant is always yours, Claiming stuff is for wankers.

Sharing is Caring.
                Karma Genetics

BRF...a cheap soil improvement solution:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=302213

Comment

Originally posted by DuskrayTroubador View Post
                  I was thinking of going to the Dam for a bit... Sucks to hear that the bud isn't all that.
                  Don't believe everything you read on icmag. There's WAY too many "connoisseurs", trying to assert status by putting everything down. Voyagers is a good place to start. Have fun, and watch out for the bicycles!
                  "you wouldn't know respect if it bit you on the k u n t, douchebag."- justanotherbozo
                  "Negative rep from a tool with a name like Jellyfish is a f'n bage of Honor."- Shalako
                  "You have no fucking idea what you speak of."- Wendull C.
                  "Put me on ignore."- Wendull C.
                  "Lady Gaga is someone on my radar screen."- Hempy McNoodle

Comment

Originally posted by DuskrayTroubador View Post

How late do the trains run? I might check out some shops in other cities but I don't wanna get stuck.
                    I second what jelly said...get a few blocks away from Centruum (although I'm partial to Betty Boop) ....go where locals go....you'll have an awesome time!
                    ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
                    "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
                    We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 autoflowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15 years, we're running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
                    sigpic

Comment

Just returned from the Dam and here are my purchases as promised(note to myself: never go again near Christmas as too many places are packed):

Voyagers:

Had some 'Banana Split'(Tangie X Banana Sherbet by DNAgenetics)for 15€ which remotely smelt fruity but not like a banana. Of course I didn't expect that but only asked for their strongest stuff at the minute. Bud looked surprisingly good and tasted as it smelt, effects were good enough as well.

Kadinsky:

'Malana Cream' was a moroccan hash variety with indian genetics for 16€. Dark and smell as taste to some point reminded me of the usual black hashes around. Tasty and strong enough(more heady)though!

De Graal:

Not much on the menu, especially hashwise. Asked for their Strawberry Diesel but was finished and then went for 'Lemon Haze' moroccan for 15€ on recommendation of the budtender which I found a bit overpriced but still good enough.
                      Atmosphere great here as usual.

Boerejongens:

The one on Utrechtstraat sold me some 'Amnesia Bloc' for 11€ and 'Kosher Kush Bloc' for 14€, both moroccan. The Amnesia I don't remember much of except for kinda fruity smell, sorry, but this ridiculously named Kosher Kush Bloc was wonderful strong spicy smelling and tasting moroccan hashish, closely second best of this visit!

Bluebird:

Unfortunately Cheese Pollen was out this time and replaced by 'Critical Mass' for 12,5€ for 0,7g which also was recommended by most often cheerful budtendress. Another dark moroccan with strong spicy smell(not much like Critical Mass in my opinion though)with strong enough effects and all in all best hash of this visit!

Tweede Kamer:

Not much new on here as well and even spotted some 'Black Domina' for 9€ on the weed menu. Couldn't resist but didn't expect much of course. Firstly because I'm at a coffeeshop and secondly after I purchased and sat down there was a couple(first timers)coming in and got it recommended by the budtenderand so was it in the end. Taste, smell and effects good enough but nothing special!

Others:

Original Dampkring, Utopia, Bushdocter, Green Place, Greenhouse and Siberie had nothing new on compared to online menus!

Comment

officially, oil (BHO) is illegal (class a) not sure what the law is re rosin but I did see the guy in 1e hulp making some ...they have moonrocks there too, which afaik is made using BHO...the other alternative, is to bring some hair straighteners with you

Comment

This forum used to be active.

As has been mentioned, certain types will put anything sold in amsterdam down to lift their connoisseur status. Less than a year ago, on my latest trip, I bought five different strains and they were all strong. Mostly from recognized coffeeshops recommended by the community, too. Don't set your bar so laughably high and you will find good bud and hash.

Comment

Originally posted by JamieShoes View Post
                            too often I read ppl saying... I went to amsterdam, spent the whole time in a 1km square, couldnt find anything decent... well you don't say.. try leaving the tourist areas for 5 minutes eh guys? ...

Hey Jamie

Haha so true bro !
                            Dam visitors need to get over to the Wild West yee-haw

Thanks
                            GA
                            sigpic

IG, the-gardening-Angel

Comment

Originally posted by Yellowmoon View Post
                              This forum used to be active.

As has been mentioned, certain types will put anything sold in amsterdam down to lift their connoisseur status. Less than a year ago, on my latest trip, I bought five different strains and they were all strong. Mostly from recognized coffeeshops recommended by the community, too. Don't set your bar so laughably high and you will find good bud and hash.
                              hey

Sure you can find good stuff in Amsterdam, but weed in A'dam is really a hit-n-miss thing with each single visit for a tourist smoker! Even with the best of the best shops (Grey Area, Voyagers, Utopia, etc.). You really need to take a snif and a look-see before buying weed and asking if it's flushed well enough, cause some times the ash is quite dark.

MAny times, there is no consistency between different batches of the weed they sell. I have smoked the nicest and smoothest UK Cheese from Grey Area one time, a year later it has very harsh and poorly flushed ..price was the same thou, 13 euros a gram! LOL

No ethics in A'dam weed business for some people. Some shops lower the price if the weed happens to be poorly grown. Voyagers being one such shop. No wonder it's so popular shop.

But the weed prices are going through the roof! Many new hype hazes and kushes are usually 15-18 euros a gram these days. Most strains are 12-13 euros ...ak 47, White Widow, Bubblegum, Blueberry, Orange Bud selling for 8-10 euros
                              ...sure, you can find better prices few kilometres away from tourist-centers. De Pijp is a nice region with few nice shops Katsu, Club Media etc.

With hash it is easier to make quality buys, but you can seriously over-pay for hash also. A snif and a look-see is also a must when buying hash. But you can find superb morrocan for 10 euros or less.
                              1e Hulp is a nice shop for some traditional Morrocan hash. Also a popular shop among smokers. Ok weed selection
                              Rifman hashes are nice (Dampkring/Tweede Kamer and few other shops), thou the top varieties can be a bit over priced. Kadinsky is also a popular shop among hash smokers ...also Bluebird and De Graal
                              -
                              -
                              Amsterdam Coffeeshop Directory (acdforum.site) is a nice Adam Coffeshop review-forum to ask about weed and hash situ ATM in Amsterdam and Holland in general ...very nice forum.
                              http://www.acdforum.site/index.php
                              Coffeeshop Menus is a nice site to look through weed/hash Menus of different coffeeshops from Amsterdam and other towns/cities. It's regularly updated. Many 2016-menus there already.
                              http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/CoffeeshopMenus.htm
                              9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB

Comment

I'll be in Amsterdam soon with a friend, will stay in De Pijp. Haven't been there for a while, but thanks to this thread i think i've got a safe list of places to check round there. Katsu will be near, so Club Media and Carmona among others. So, thanks for that info and those links, guys.
                                Now, I'm not very well updated on IC Cups, i suppose the 2015 and previous entries are more or less spread in menus, but there's that recent IC Cup and i wonder if this year's stuff is sold in some coffeeshop or you greedely smoked the lot already.

Comment

Working...
                                X