What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutch coffeeshops - post your latest reviews here!

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
officially, oil (BHO) is illegal (class a) not sure what the law is re rosin but I did see the guy in 1e hulp making some ...they have moonrocks there too, which afaik is made using BHO...the other alternative, is to bring some hair straighteners with you ;)

Yellowmoon

This forum used to be active.

As has been mentioned, certain types will put anything sold in amsterdam down to lift their connoisseur status. Less than a year ago, on my latest trip, I bought five different strains and they were all strong. Mostly from recognized coffeeshops recommended by the community, too. Don't set your bar so laughably high and you will find good bud and hash.

Gardening Angel

Veteran
too often I read ppl saying... I went to amsterdam, spent the whole time in a 1km square, couldnt find anything decent... well you don't say.. try leaving the tourist areas for 5 minutes eh guys? ...

Hey Jamie

Haha so true bro !
Dam visitors need to get over to the Wild West yee-haw

Thanks
GA

GoatCheese

Veteran
This forum used to be active.

As has been mentioned, certain types will put anything sold in amsterdam down to lift their connoisseur status. Less than a year ago, on my latest trip, I bought five different strains and they were all strong. Mostly from recognized coffeeshops recommended by the community, too. Don't set your bar so laughably high and you will find good bud and hash.

hey

Sure you can find good stuff in Amsterdam, but weed in A'dam is really a hit-n-miss thing with each single visit for a tourist smoker! Even with the best of the best shops (Grey Area, Voyagers, Utopia, etc.). You really need to take a snif and a look-see before buying weed and asking if it's flushed well enough, cause some times the ash is quite dark.

MAny times, there is no consistency between different batches of the weed they sell. I have smoked the nicest and smoothest UK Cheese from Grey Area one time, a year later it has very harsh and poorly flushed ..price was the same thou, 13 euros a gram! :moon:LOL

No ethics in A'dam weed business for some people. Some shops lower the price if the weed happens to be poorly grown. Voyagers being one such shop. No wonder it's so popular shop.

But the weed prices are going through the roof! Many new hype hazes and kushes are usually 15-18 euros a gram these days. Most strains are 12-13 euros ...ak 47, White Widow, Bubblegum, Blueberry, Orange Bud selling for 8-10 euros
...sure, you can find better prices few kilometres away from tourist-centers. De Pijp is a nice region with few nice shops Katsu, Club Media etc.

With hash it is easier to make quality buys, but you can seriously over-pay for hash also. A snif and a look-see is also a must when buying hash. But you can find superb morrocan for 10 euros or less.
1e Hulp is a nice shop for some traditional Morrocan hash. Also a popular shop among smokers. Ok weed selection
Rifman hashes are nice (Dampkring/Tweede Kamer and few other shops), thou the top varieties can be a bit over priced. Kadinsky is also a popular shop among hash smokers ...also Bluebird and De Graal
-
-
Amsterdam Coffeeshop Directory (acdforum.site) is a nice Adam Coffeshop review-forum to ask about weed and hash situ ATM in Amsterdam and Holland in general ...very nice forum.
http://www.acdforum.site/index.php
Coffeeshop Menus is a nice site to look through weed/hash Menus of different coffeeshops from Amsterdam and other towns/cities. It's regularly updated. Many 2016-menus there already.
http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/CoffeeshopMenus.htm
:tiphat:

kaochiu

Veteran
I'll be in Amsterdam soon with a friend, will stay in De Pijp. Haven't been there for a while, but thanks to this thread i think i've got a safe list of places to check round there. Katsu will be near, so Club Media and Carmona among others. So, thanks for that info and those links, guys.
Now, I'm not very well updated on IC Cups, i suppose the 2015 and previous entries are more or less spread in menus, but there's that recent IC Cup and i wonder if this year's stuff is sold in some coffeeshop or you greedely smoked the lot already.

mack 10

Veteran
Drinks gone expensive, paid 3.50euro for half a latte at GH, red light.
seems the norm all over town.
service without a smile always makes me smile in Amsterdam,
an they wonder why everyone has moved to Espania.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
I'll be in Amsterdam soon with a friend, will stay in De Pijp. Haven't been there for a while, but thanks to this thread i think i've got a safe list of places to check round there. Katsu will be near, so Club Media and Carmona among others. So, thanks for that info and those links, guys.
Now, I'm not very well updated on IC Cups, i suppose the 2015 and previous entries are more or less spread in menus, but there's that recent IC Cup and i wonder if this year's stuff is sold in some coffeeshop or you greedely smoked the lot already.

if you are close to Katsu then de Graal should be nearby and always worth a visit after 6pm on weekdays or all day weekends.

Last edited:

mr.gt

Overall coffeshop weed quality has extremely decreased whereas prices are as high as never before in Amsterdam.

Saddest thing about the coffeshop weed nowadays, almost everything is sprayed with heavy pesticides & fungicides and yes, also during late flowering.

I wont buy/trust any coffeeshop weed anymore due to getting a behind the scenes glimpse. People are selling and smoking poison.

Sad but true.

GoatCheese

Veteran

Voyagers is almost right across the central railway station ..so, i suggest, it is your first stop! :biggrin:

Here you can find their menus:
http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Voyagers/Menus/Voyagers.html

Mellow Yellow isn't too far from De Pijp ..their Blueberry is nice for the price

Coffeeshop Yo-Yo is known for it's organic outdoor weed, close to that Carmona you mentioned.

One Stone's Cafe/Corner is also in De Pijp

Have fun.:)

Last edited:

mr.gt

So, this just in....

last night I was at the unity cup award ceremony in Amsterdam where I think around 15 of the more well known shops entered... one shop I hadnt really heard of also entered... theyre called Superfly.. you know it?

Most likely not, and the reason for this is, this shop is not actually in Amsterdam, it is in Hoofdorp which is a tiny little place just the other side of Schiphol... around 25 minutes by train from central...or 4 minutes from Schiphol...

Now, why are you telling us this, Jamie? Well... Superfly whitewashed the whole thing, took home the top award in all four categories... not to mention their hash weighed in at over 80% THC (I think thats the one that was 80% anyway).

Whether or not they sell to tourists and all that I'll have to let you know after I make a visit in the next few days...

Avoid Superfly.

It is well known in Amsterdam that these guys (plantformers) bought a bunch of jugde passes and voted themselves on 1st place in all categories at the 1st unity cup.

During the actual unity cup, hardly any judge made it out to Hoofdorp, to sample/vote for their entries, so u can tell the surprise was very big once they announced them on 1st place in all categories.

These scammers should be avoided and not supported.

kaochiu

Veteran
Thanks Goatcheese, there's been a good while since i tried a proper blueberry. I think i've been staying in Voyagers years ago, at least in the coffeeshop. I see they've got the platinum cookies and a GFxECSD Let's see if it lives up the 15 euro-a-gram fashion.
RegDixon, De Graal sounds like something that should be in every list. Will hit it for sure.
It seems there are "better" coffeeshops in De Pijp than the centrum. Can that be a safe thing to say?
The first time i visited Amsterdam was '91 or '92, and people use to say that it was nothing like it used to be. It's a worldwide mantra. Nor i've ever heard of a tourist city going cheaper all the time. I've been 7 or 8 times since, and always a nice time. Gotta love the place.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Thanks Goatcheese, there's been a good while since i tried a proper blueberry. I think i've been staying in Voyagers years ago, at least in the coffeeshop. I see they've got the platinum cookies and a GFxECSD Let's see if it lives up the 15 euro-a-gram fashion.
RegDixon, De Graal sounds like something that should be in every list. Will hit it for sure.
It seems there are "better" coffeeshops in De Pijp than the centrum. Can that be a safe thing to say?
The first time i visited Amsterdam was '91 or '92, and people use to say that it was nothing like it used to be. It's a worldwide mantra. Nor i've ever heard of a tourist city going cheaper all the time. I've been 7 or 8 times since, and always a nice time. Gotta love the place.

Voyagers is one of the "good ones", atleast in the past they have dropped the price of their weed if the flush/grow is poor. Some coffee shops still charge the same

In other words: If they are selling some weed for a discount and it's not the owner's birth day, don't buy! LOL.

Bought some discount Amnesia Haze from them few years ago and it was quite harsh, year before that, it was top-bud at the normal price. Think i read somewhere that their Amensia Haze would be Soma's cup winning cut. Some other shops are selling it too, but Voyagers usually has it on the menu.
:)

kaochiu

Veteran
Thanks for the tip! Top bud should be the average in a place like Amsterdam, as top bordeaux wine is what you expect in Bordeaux. To this day and age still i cannot understand why some of these people (weed bizz growers) grow crap bud, as it's their living and the cost is roughly the same. Tourist traps are vocational, but on the other hand, anybody who minimally knows their bud, can spot them.
I'll be looking for hyped stuff cos i'll be a fuckin tourist! Want to try this GG4 if i find it, and the cookies and whatever else. But also would like to find good golden oldies, such the blueberry mentioned or nevils haze. Amnesia is quite common in Spain, some very good cuts spread along, so i grew it often too, but i'll buy 1 single gram to compare.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Thanks for the tip! Top bud should be the average in a place like Amsterdam, as top bordeaux wine is what you expect in Bordeaux. To this day and age still i cannot understand why some of these people (weed bizz growers) grow crap bud, as it's their living and the cost is roughly the same. Tourist traps are vocational, but on the other hand, anybody who minimally knows their bud, can spot them.
I'll be looking for hyped stuff cos i'll be a fuckin tourist! Want to try this GG4 if i find it, and the cookies and whatever else. But also would like to find good golden oldies, such the blueberry mentioned or nevils haze. Amnesia is quite common in Spain, some very good cuts spread along, so i grew it often too, but i'll buy 1 single gram to compare.

Criminals run the growing scene that supplies coffee shops, i think, so they prolly don't care too much ..and the weed prices are going through the roof! it has to be some special bud if i'm gonna pay 15 euros/gram for it! LOL
See, growing marijuana is illegal in Holland, but still the coffeeshops get it from somewhere!!! ..and the hash land in the coffeeshops just as miraculously:biggrin:
I kinda understand the 15 euros price if it's really, really long flowering sativa with a small-ish yield, but 12-15 euros/gram seems to be the standard at many coffeeshops, ew "elite" strains costing as much as 18 euros/g. :moon:

De Dampkring on Handboogstraat has Nevil's HAze on the menu sometimes, not all the time, and it was ok few years ago.

De Kuil (420 cafe) has N'sH on the menu all the time and people seem to usually like it, but i have never even visited the place myself. They also have hydro Blueberry there, but it's more expensive than at MellowYellow. You can get nice 2 and 4 gram deals at MellowY. on the Blueberry.
http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/de%20Kuil%20(%20420%20Cafe%20)/Menus/de%20Kuil%20(%20420%20Cafe%20).html

:)

NotYourSaviour

Just back and had beautiful sunny weather mostly in Amsterdam :

Kadinsky:

'Habibi Rouge' was some dark classic moroccan hashish for 11€ a gram new on the menu. Sweet flavour but not much smell, good enough though!

Utopia:

Had a bag of 'Shoreline X Kuchi' for 13€ a g which had notes of Shoreline but taste, look(bit leafy) and effect weren't that impressive.

Tweede Kamer:

'Noor C5' is moroccan hashish for 16€ a gram, had a similar crumbly texture like those 'blocks' lately but more natural, fruity-spicy smell. Effect was quite enjoyable in a bong and made my stay at Club Media particulary longer and funnier. Liked it!

Boerejongens:

Bought some 'Banana Glue' for 11€ a g, which is supposed to be a Gorilla Glue cross. If so it's nothing more than average looking and smelling gear, tasting fruity though. Strongly doubt it's the real deal actually(see also seemingly lost Exodus Cut of Cheese in Amsteram and all that in the last years of coffeeshop business)but never seen it but would like to of course:biggrin:.
'Shoreline Block'(sp)was 9€ a g, limited as stated on the menu and sold out but Bij around the corner could deliver then though.
Wow, this indeed had a somewhat Shoreline smell to it(Noor C5 from Tweede Kamer smelt smilar too though) and is supposed to be one of those new genetics grown in Morocco. Smell also transfered to the taste.
Just for the record, aroma wasn't as similar as with the Cheese Pollen compared to Cheese. Especially new batches at Green Place(now 14€ a gram) and Bluebird now had a more rounded cheese smell not so intense(often)as those block thingies.
However, this piece of hash provided a relatively strong punch for the money(stony and heady) so in fact best foreign moroccan for price/performance ratio.
Still leaves a bitter taste though as I don't buy their story of grown in Morocco, especially with genetics so trendy at the moment(doubt again that Morocco's farms are so up to date, Amnesia on the other hand is a different story as longer around in Europe as this stuff.)
Noticed a sign on by the way that they won't do deals under 10€ soon so no half grams for testing purpose anymore, bummer.

De Graal:

Not much new on the menu, their best is 'Champagne' for 9€ a gram hashwise. Already had enough on me so bought nothing except for a couple of drinks and smoked my stash. Lovely as usual:thank you:.

Club Media:

'Pure Kush Hash'(sp)went for 17,5€ a gram and was of a gooey texture, also came with parchment paper. Was told it's an ice-o-lator from indoor weed, looked more oily though. Did the trick nicely in a bong. Enjoyed my stay here also very much and their clean glass bong was good enough(enjoying one every now and then and had a high tolerance anyway this time so comes even more handy).

Bluebird:

Looked at classic moroccan 'Oldschool' for like 12,5€ for 1.1gram and 'Cheese Pollen' for like 12,5€ for 0.8gram. Of course latter one as picked some oldschool moroccan elsewhere but looked good, too. Cheese Pollen was a lot darker this time but still quite sticky and of creamy texture. As said smell and taste were on point and a nice overall picture in the end(more natural than these blocks around lately).

Barney's, Greenhouse, Kashmir, Siberie, Original Dampkring, Green Place,Voyagers and Katsu had nothing new on to my liking .

Amsterdab16

@NotYourSavior

Good read, good to hear some up to date reporting on Amsterdam.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Shoreline, I too definitely picked up some actual Shoreline on the bouquet (deeply rich forest berries). I currently press most of my hash into rosin.

So Bluebird has finally got that Cheese Pollen back on the menu, but you say it's darker this go 'round? Is that as opposed to what they had on the menu last spring through fall?! That's one I sampled and its was a reddish-blonde hue, with an oily-sticky-fudgy conisistency and as you stated the most identical to parent-strain nose of any hash I've ever smelled. Is the current batch equally cheesy? If so may have to go take a looksie, how would you rate it compared to the shoreline?

Also what was your take on Bluebird's "Oldschool", recomended, or skip-able?

Amsterdab16

Also I'll add

of the block hashes from Boerejongens I can recommend the Shoreline (9 per gram), the Big Buddha Cheese (12 per gram), AM block (11 per gram), Super Lemon Haze Block (10 per gram) and the AK-OG Block (9 per gram).

kaochiu

Veteran
Cheers again, Goatcheese, that'll short up my quest for nevils and blueberries. As for mafias ruling the show, nothing new under the sun. My opinion was just rethorical.
Thanks for that comprehensive review, NYS, and glad you had a good time, that's the main reason of any trip. Still will try this GG cross, i never expect real deals, let alone pollenchucked, but i give preference to taste than to potency. I tend to avoid hash, but my pal does like it, so your favourites are already noted in the list