What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutch coffeeshops - post your latest reviews here!

Amsterdam Errline

@RoostaPhish those where GAMBIT's Cookie Bombs from the past Coffeeshop Edibles make by shoshana treats.

Those damm alien eggs.
_gambit.Cookies.BombB.30mei2021.005.jpg

We did try and really hope to survive it
Michael MyersGambitballs.B.jpg

S5 always nice if you vap a Amnesia.

nattyroots

The S5 Haze seems to be popular. Seen it on a couple menus. No idea what it is. Was it like some kind of SSH?
I think S5 is a SSH Skunk cross or something like it. It's got a little lime and something dank in there, a bit like amnesia I suppose. I enjoy it. I also enjoy Soma's Amnesia on 1eHulp, often reliable, especially when fresh, and good price.

NotYourSaviour

@AmsterdamErrline

You indeed are a talented photographer, cheers! Any chance though they are photoshopped? No clue here and furthermore I'm not very gifted taking pictures but in any case prefer them not pretty upped.

What about you describe the quality of your purchases a little bit more in detail instead of 'just' a picture?

By the way had the Glueberry OG which was not more than nice enough general availability of grades considered and the Black Domina which I particularly found meh too from Solo – different strokes for different folks, innit?

You did mention Katsu and 1e Hulp among your favourites but while I still frequent them sometimes and know them since a good while I file them under 'coffeeshops for locals' which not always but too often roughly means boring standard strains[short version I spare you guys the rest] but there are people indeed looking for a meeting point which is fine of course ; Katsu is a bit stuck
in time menuwise though they at least have lovely atmosphere and we even sat down there during this trip as so often but with brought gear as usual, 1e Hulp on the other hand is a dead one to me as they had their hype some years back but now only is a rundown shithole I still every now and then pop in for a glance at their menu – hope dies last and all that.

Back from a few days in 'Dam.

The Plug:

Nothing new or interesting on the menu for hashish but a mate got some Connected 41 which was grass supposedly imported from California for charming 25 € a gram. Very 'gassy' as well as kushy taste and strong enough stoned.

Green Place:

They had three options for filtered stuff, Banana something, Skittlez(?)and Rainbow Sherbet. All 20€ each. Went for the Sherbet. Strong enough effects but random taste again. Good but not memorable. At home again any time but not special with a choice.

Terps Army:

Budtender claimed purchased Onionz[put up a picture here, in this case the last two ones apart from picture of Dam] harvested in Morocco for cheap 22€ is not only the best Moroccan hashish with foreign genetics in town but also in Europe ; produced by a certain Italian gang also being active in Spain and wherever else!

Those type of sales arguments always convince me though on a very rare exception I already decided for myself trying this before I was told so.

Not too dark crumbly piece was quite oily and resinous when handled but again there is no cheap hash oil added supposedly.

Taste was again very strong and sorta clear plus lingering for a good while, quite a kush flavour to me. Still not overpowered on my palate but quite balanced while still intense. Very strong stoned and the mind was nicely occupied as well.

No matter how silly we got approached that stuff is a standout when compared to many high grades with foreign genetics at the minute respectively in the last weeks.

While others this trip may be even better processed it still is the winner of this trip hashwise!

Also Zkittlez for 18€ from the same producer[whom are also responsible for the Motor Breath batch I raved about some months back here by the way] was entrusted to us but while still a good high grade when thinking what's generally available from the so called filtered grades this compared to the Onionz was not at all special.

They only share silly names. There was a Zkittlez supposedly from the same gang I had a few months back for back then 22€ and it was comparable to the Motor Breath respectively Onionz, too.

An other mate also got Z3 from their ridculous menu of 'Premium Flowers'(next to a USA flag)which again had a strong kush taste and did the trick effectwise, at least for grass. Still sad that what was my personal standard when growing is sold nowadays for inexpensive 25€ a gram.

An other one got Gumbo for the same budget price and to me it was similar to the Connected 41 from the Plug.

Family First:

Since they hashwise only had Zkittlez for 20€ which looked like the same current batch from Terps Army I didn't score here. Though a mate bought some Shady Apples for reasonable priced 30€ from their 'Cali Strains'.

There was some taste and it was a smooth smoke though while I can relate they named it like that as the smell profile had that kush smell with this sour funk one could consider an apple the product lacked this very taste. I suggest 8-9€ per g. Next!

Solo:

Looked at Tangilato which was the same price as their Tahoe OG(15€)which I eventually purchased.

Greyish and bright filtered hashish supposedly coming from Morocco which clearly wasn't traditional but in a bizarre way reminded me of certain classic Moroccan high grades. Interesting mixture I can't put my finger on but was a lovely surprise since it too stood out tastewise in opposite to a majority of very similar tasting gear around[it's a scandal indeed that the taste is so much more prominent these days along those qualities around – though it is never enough nor perfect but that is part of the f un, right?]. Effects were strong enough as well. Deserves a special prize in my opinion this trip. Cheers.

Reefer:

During our trips and some conversations along we were steered to go here for special gear. Looked at the menu and got Watermelon Skittlez 120 micron for economically priced 25€ a gram and Frozen Dry Sift Gazo for 37,5€ per g which appeared to be a steal as well.

Former one[put up a picture here - fourth and fifth picture] was saved for one wake and bake and while indeed seemingly better processed than other gear available and having a really pronounced clear taste[more clear than the Onionz] it was definitely not as weak as traditional high grade from Morocco but still only more of an uplifting influence accompanied by a stronger body stoned. Would it be stronger and having a certain taste it would have ranked higher in my rating.

This is still easily third place here then.

Still I have to add that the taste is really, really smooth and deserves extra mention[as with the smell!] but while it tastes very clear it still is very similar to what others sell for a lot cheaper ; one would probably say these days 'boring terpenes'. Needless to say stupid name and didn't remind of the strain I even know from personal experience as I had well grown organic homegrown off this the other day. Still something I'd buy any time at home if available.

Blonde other hashish[put up a picture of this here - first, second and third picture] with an extra stupid name tag was too something else as again so almost ethereal in taste if that makes sernse to anyone one could think one is vaping instead of smoking, impressive!

Very powdery consistency and a dream smelling this. Such a rounded smell without any trace of sharpness I'm mostly used to from extracts respectively rosin, sorta fruity to my stupid nose.

As I struggle to describe it any better: soft and cuddly, anyone?

This is a cutter too here as it was saved for the second day at the end to give this a serious testing et voilà it was well noticeably on the body and mind considering my recent tolerance during holidays. In fact the best resin of this trip but only a close second due to its price and while highly processed seemingly only a random taste similar to others. So in the end the Onionz from Terps Army is not as clean seemingly but still the better all around product as indeed it ticks all the boxes on a high level.

There was one filtered hashish for around 18 € too available. By the way budtender also told us it is the best hashish in town and it won some random cups ; both were also produced by an other certain gang in the Rif . All right then! If this fresh frozen approach is the next 'trend' I'm sure prices will go down at some point , will take some time though. While I'm on it: since years I preached about how mostly western world people go to Morocco to grow western genetics there and not giving much of a flying fuck about the original landrace[I'm guilty as well consuming those I still know, too long story]. Respectively my thoughts about indoor growing in general[as said always prefered proper outdoor and thus traditional hashish imported is my choice and indoor only a substitute].
Now with this energy crisis due to Russia/Ukraine[will not discuss war here] at the minute at least in Europe where people in general legitimately shitting their pants[including indoor growers I hear]I wonder if certain people growing the new genetics in Morocco will up their game drastically due to hot weather and free sunlight respectively indoor growers producing on a big scale overrun Morocco. Outsourcing on a new level, anyone :biglaugh: ? Just kidding -I hope this doesn't come up and no one gets harmed/bothered no matter if in Morocco, Europe or the rest of the world.

At least Tweede Kamer, Kadinsky, Original Dampkring, New Times, Bagheera, Bushdocter, Katsu, Greenhouse, Bluebird, Siberie, Barney's, Resin and Jolly Joker were also visited but couldn't deliver this time.

Conclusion: Lovely stay in town with even a few standouts with foreign genetics thrown in hashwise. Grass with good quality is still way too expensive. All in all despite ugly weather with a few rays of sunshine every now and then we had a lovely stay in this town. Traffic seemed to be up but still not back to pre-covid19 times.

That's it until next time.

Last edited:

bibi40

i got a little gift ,

caramello from 420 cafe , 11€/g

:

IMG_2364.JPG

will edit after the smoke test ...

Edit !!!
On stage with a big one ,
so ...

First toke is smooth ,
coffee , caramel ,
and a true oldschool hash taste ,
after 5 toke , no doubt , it' s high grade oldschool morrocan hash ,
nothing like the new fancy greasy black hash ,
what a gift , i' m so happy ,

i planned to go to the dam in 3 weeks , so if available , sure i' ll score some :rolleyes:

gluttony ...

i' m not at mid-stick and already stuck to my sofa :D

:tiphat:

Last edited:

bibi40

I' m back from my Dam' trip ,
so here are the goodies :

IMG_2419.JPG

so here is my menu :

- caramello fro de kuil - 420 cafe , 11€/g
- tibizla from de tweede kamer , 12€/g
- beldia from abraxas , 12,5€/g
- haza from original dampkring , 10€/g
- niqa from original dampkring , 14€/g
- king hassan from kadinsky , 13,5 or 14,5€/g , i don' t remember
- trans himalayan from kadinsky , 12,5€/g

i did try the iceolator from 137 coffeeshop , not on the pic , i just take half gram and did one joint with ,
what did i expect at this price when i see other coffee selling ice olato 50€/g or more ...
ok it really don' t worth , more resin stalks than anything other , certainly some 160 or 120 microns max ,
it was like the badest quality i get when i did some , effect was good enough but the taste was not there , zero curing , so was fresh and a bit harsh , nothing like delicious, lol ,
for me was the baddest or seems ( i didn' t test niqa , tibizla and trans himalayan yet ) .

sorry for the picture , next time i will shoot them at the coffee cause after the trip back they all get the same look ...

will come back soon withe the smoke report !
what i can said for now is that the less expensive , Haza from original dampkring is the great surprise from this trip ...

bibi40

okay , so i just smoked the :

- " Trans Himalayan " from Kadinsky ( 12,5€/g ) and was a total deception , i didn't buy nepalese style hash since very long time and this one certainly not reminded me the good old ones ,
the taste is poor , not peppery , spicy or incense like was my attempt ,
just some light dull hash taste , not a bad taste , but nothing good .

at least the effect is correct , mellow stone , comfortable , but certainly not the strongest ...

- " King Hassan " from Kadinsky ( 13,5 or 14,5€/g , don' t remember ) ,
good traditional morrocan , but don' t worth the price , not " exceptionnal " , for only 11€/g caramello from De kuil - 420 cafe , is really better .

was my first time at Kadinsky coffeeshop and seems it' s not the place for high grade hash .

- Caramello from 420 Cafe - De kuil , since it' s the same batch than the one i get 2 weeks ago , here is the link for it :

- Tibizla from Tweede Kamer ( 12€/g ) is a good traditional morrocan , tasty , but lack of deep in the taste , not exceptional this time , as good as the caramello from De Kuil , but the beldia i got from my side is superior .

- Beldia from Abraxas ( 12,5€/g ) is really an excellent first grade traditional morrocan , very very good , same kind than the beldia i get from my side , and to be honnest , slightly better .

- Haza from Original Dampkring ( 10€/g ) smells really spicey and floral - a really sativa odour - but that don' t really transcribe in the taste when smoke , taste is traditionnal morrocan fresh , spicey , earthy , a bit creamy , very good .
Effect is strong , uplifting , can make me a bit confused , then after this " high " times , finish in a relaxant ,comfortable body high .
actually my favorite of this trip ( but i didn' t sample the Niqa actually ) , an excellent surprise at this price at Dam ' , and very different in effect than what i am used to get , original, i highly recommend it if you can get the same batch .

- Niqa from Original Dampkring ( 14€/g ) , deep taditional hash taste , sweet but loud ( if you know what i mean ) ,earthy, spicy , coffee , chocolate , others hard to describe hints of different things , very rich taste , all you can expect from a good hash , the best about taste from all my purchases .
Effect is quick , a lazy one , perfect for chillin' with nothing to do , i would say don't plan anything before smoked this one , lol ,will stick on the sofa with a movie now ...

Report complete , big up for the Dampkring for the two best hash then Abraxas for his Beldia ...

Last edited:

NotYourSaviour

All right then back from this first encounter with 'Dam this year.

Family First

Budtender gave an introduction to about 5-6 offers from their range of filtered gear. Especially he raved about Ice Cream Cake x Runtz for 19€ which was inspected and bought then. Producer of that one is famous for their fresh frozen merchandise he pointed out and in general talked about different producers, what is happening at the minute and so on, appreciated.

Some young talian guys in front whom have just stocked up as well were also commenting and raving about that certain batch and gave us a huge update on what's currently hot in town as well in terms of hashish and what producer is best et cetera which was interesting. too.

Funnily they mentioned that producer is not 100% fresh frozen but Semi Fresh Frozen at a wider range of microns, haha.

Also lots of rumors and the usual gangster stories about some of the producers[also racist terms thrown in about several gangs and their origin ; always worrying when people adopt certain terms so easily without reflecting them as crime itsself, generally speaking, has nothing to do with nationality at all] but while some of this seemed to be whispers down the lane I reckon after all these years having to buy on a black market

I'm under no illusion that there are not the most social persons being in a key position.

Saying that I found this crumbly yet oily product while burning the cleanest that trip lacking in taste though it was particularly strong.

I think they even said it is ice-o-lator but not sure, the lack in taste was quite noticeable in my book[though ambivalently had a very creamy taste of indeed nothing and very easy on the lungs ; which I often had with ice-o-lators in the past and since this is even some type of fresh frozen material sifted it should be better tastewise as this is the reason beside better numbers harvestwise, isn't it?] puts me off a bit.

Latter one has to do with the old 'when having a choice I skip' but product would be welcome at home any time but other(proper?) fresh frozen I had before was distinctively better. Still for strength and smoothness this deserves a special prize.

Reefer

Scanned the huge menu and let budtender do his thing when after a few offers he opened up the cooler and presented some hillariously named Tangerine Squeeze Sultan Static for lovely 50€ per gram[put up a picture here ; first three pictures].

Approached on the mad price we were told it is the elite line of this producer, very close to being oil and BlahBlahBlah ; seen other sifts named the same without the tag though as well as cheaper but were not the same and quality around town.

While I have a violent aversion to any form of oppression in the shape of despotism as well as nobility or what ever driven may it be a Pasha, Koning, Tsar, Prince, Shah, Emperor, Caliph, Sheikh or whomever doesn't matter as they should all hang from a tree I of course know it is just a stupid name tag as usual and since I had silly tags such as 'royal' and 'king' en masse before I decided to take a closer look as well as being up for an audience:laughing:.

Fruity smell, oily and resinous is how I can sum this piece of hashish up. Keeps your fingers glued together again when fluffing up[must have been a reason why thy put it in the freezer but wasn't too unstable, though was timely consumed] which I noticed with other statics as well before and wasn't disappointed yet, also full melt quality.

Taste is smooth and on point, creamy yet fruity and as stupid as this may sound the taste of this hashish can be read into the name of this resin.

Not overwhelming strength in taste but again a certain well refined clear pungency – vaporizing, anyone:whee:?

Also a deep stone on mind and body while being a healthy mixture of strong celebral upliftment and heavy body sedation.
An outstanding product so very good[would rate it higher if there would be a unique taste profile as while it being very good I had such before even though again indeed not that refined] and well balanced in all terms. All in all the best smoke of this trip I have to admit as being fair as ususal while not digging the prices and domination around town.

This is to some degree sad as the price tag is a bad joke and could be, even by coffeeshop standards and its taxes be at least 10 € less in price which still would be crazy[in wholesale it is still quite expensive as we were told along the way around town as well ; sorta double of what people asking for current best hashish available no matter which approach]. It is really insane as I had such type(product was static and fresh frozen)from Morocco some years back[when static even was not so popular yet]and it was 'only' 20€ at a damn taxed coffeeshop ; though quality was not as good as this but again shows bloody dishonest price policy of this illegal trade.

I could imagine this already is a sorta bargain to some degree though considering a so called hash artist in western world would probably charge 100€ for this as this here is illegally produced in a third world country exploiting cheap labour there to the max while – same old story – only a few privelleged ones profit.

Also I think their advantage in black market Morocco is their huge cultivation area and 'free' sunlight.

Too I can imagine they at one point will do static on a big scale as they still need to have a competitive product as long as there is not much legalization around and grass being the dominator on the market since decades ; as said before then prices will be much more affordable. Again, producing such on a big scale in the future should lower the prices tremendously as despite all these 'modern' techniques involved this again is no rocket science but a mass product and then should be affordable to anyone as this very product is what hashish in fact is at least about - well, in my utopia then[I'm aware this world works different sadly].

Still their mostly fantasy names and shady marketing is annoying while it is the usual incest of the same people respectively next genration involved producing respectively distributing ; it's a small world this business and power structure, price rigging and royalties rule, anyone?

Hats off to some degree for this cleverness of this Rif marketing though – also always funny that phoney marketing and branding mechanisms work the same here as with every other legal product generally speaking - and such as people obviously jump on it but personally need no bullshit but who am I in the end?
So should refer to them myself just by sections instead of pseudo brands or producers.

Can I change this price stupidity? Not at all but one should be aware and be mentioned every time. Do I support such prices when buying this? Sure. It makes me sick sorta but on the other hand I'm curious and want to try the 'best' available as I'm so bored of the averageness generally available until I at one point can produce my own again in the distant future.

Nonetheless conclusion is again legalization would eliminate such arbitrariness and lack of customer rights[never forget there are some people somewhere producing this illegally without any surveillance in a positive way regarding clean work, additives, fertilizers and ad infinitum].

Terps Army

Were shown Forbidden Fruit, Banana Punch and Barbara Bud all from the same section and for 22€ each. Latter one was chosen due to a fruity terps profile.
That one was transfered well to the mouth watering taste and is indeed fruity and very, very sweet ; strong enough smoke as well more on the uplifting side.

All in all a good all round smoke and in fact second best this trip. When it comes to price-/performance ratio a no brainer and in fact #1 this stay, especially the taste is the main point and most intense this trip[though somewhat 'all over the place' and indeed not so refined even though this is ambivalent again] while it coud be a tad stronger maybe. Would say though one of the best examples in hash form I had off this lineage by the way.

Of course not cheap either but price policy is a lot better than that other section bought at Reefer.

The Balboa Family

Apparently this coffeeshop 'changed hands' as before was Andalucia.
New one here is one of those stupid and uninspired names, too. While I've seen more than 300 coffeeshops in this small country this one here immediately struck me as a suspective one. Time will tell.

What ever, we took a look at the menu and left it behind. Wares are definitely better than before I'd say.

Another bunch of the dominant section's gear around and so Purple Tangie 120micron for 25€ it was opted for. Another quality product on point with an indeed orangey taste as well as a strong general effect. Welcome anytime! Again could be cheaper though.
BlahBlahBlah.

Old Church ( they had two tempting looking ones hashwise from the top shelf price range, 20€+, but didn't make it back ), The Store, Bulldog, Solo ( three options for so called filtered hashish for 15€ each but while nice enough and probably a good price/performance ratio just not special enough), Kadinsky, Tweede Kamer, Bluebird, Balou, The Plug [ noticed that their latest installment[Ex-Rusland]sold two other options for hashish from the higher priced range, 20+€/30€+, compared to their other location on Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal which carried one static hashish at 26€ ], Bagheera, Siberie, Green Place[ fresh frozen Melon Slice for lovely 35€/g from the omipresent section was sold there and according to the chameleon of a budtender it was the best piece of hashish to be had in Amsterdam. We're still alive I think.] Resin[what a waste of a licence this money laundering operation still is], Greenhouse, Bushdocter and Barney's couldn't deliver while being visited.

All in all a pleasant stay in town again and hopefully more to come this year:yummy:!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts