What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutch coffeeshops - post your latest reviews here!

bibi40

Lol @ the fact that the “Cali Weed” is more expensive … wtf ?

Hey star !

it' s laughable , seems it' s imported weed from cali ( what you can get from dispensary ) , that' s so commercial cause they got the elite clones and they know how to grow them ,
so for example you can get GG#4 grow in nederland for 15€/gram but if you want the cali import GG#4 you will pay 30€/gram and perhaps not grow as well than the neder grow !

:wave:

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey star !

it' s laughable , seems it' s imported weed from cali ( what you can get from dispensary ) , that' s so commercial cause they got the elite clones and they know how to grow them ,
so for example you can get GG#4 grow in nederland for 15€/gram but if you want the cali import GG#4 you will pay 30€/gram and perhaps not grow as well than the neder grow !

Even Europe isn’t safe from California …ha ha

bibi40

So i had a try to cookies and cream ( neder hash ) from de Kroon , 12€/g ,
very strong stone effect , but the taste is harsh , not so good , for me need some curing , so i will seat on a bit ...

i give a try to primero from Strainhunter , 7€/g ,
excellent quality / price , like announced ,
strong traditional morrocan , very tasty , earthy , minty , taste remaining long time in the mouth .

bibi40

I just finished one of " Daily dose " from Original Dampkring , 9€/g ,
taste is earthy , very sweet , a really sweet smoke , not too strong , but a very comfortable stone , mellow i would say , a correct price for Dam too ...

That' s a very long time i didn't smoke sativa' s , i' m always in the indica side :biggrin: so i said myself let's go for some ...
i first took a gram of Super silver haze at Tweede kamer ( didn' t try now , will report later ) which had a great smell ,
but not possible to smoke at due to covid ,
so i go to Original Dampkring and took 1 gram of Mexican haze , really not what i'm used to get ,
aspect is way different , darker , more brown ,
odor is really special , very spicy , woody , little citric ,
had to smoke one more before talking about taste ...

But the High !!!
i' m not used to that , smile coming immediatly , warm feeling in the cheeks , just happy ,
making waves , sometimes a bit too strong for me ,
very long lasting was high at least 3 hours till i smoke a 420 Kush spliff which balanced the effect .

bibi40

Hi ,

i just about to smoke a big one of 24K kush block ( neder hash ) from Tweede kamer , 12€/g ,
aspect and texture are like a good polm , smell is fresh a bit fruity , barely earthy ,
let' s go for it
smoke is fresh , smooth , like the smell barely earthy and dry nuts , a good polm , but nothing exceptional about the taste ,
effect is a warm bodystone , bloodshot eyes at mid-stick , not so strong , comfortable balanced high-stone , good for daytime , don' t make you too lazy .

not bad , but for the price i expected something stronger and with better/original taste , i guess the King Hassan polm is certainly as good but 7€/g ...
for now i' m not so impressed by the neder hash , have the Super lemon haze block to test too , so i will see ...

bibi40

Great smoke reports, bibi. :rasta:

Thanks mate !!!

So let' s go for another live smoke test ,

with a classic , Tbizla from Tweede kamer , 12€ gram ( twenty years ago , the prize was halfed ) ,
very soft texture , sticky , magnificent appearance ,
go for the smoke :

earthy taste , sweet , barely minty , hints of coffee and chocolate , excellent !
take all your palate for long time , like if you have ate a piece of ,
start to feel some muscular decontraction , body high , couchlock ( perfect for the evening ) .

conclusion : very good oldschool morrocan hash !

Just to dull the ditchwater. Has anyone seen how difficult it is to get a UK Passport, in order to get to Holland? In this article https://www.gov.uk/confirm-identity-online-for-passport-application not only do you have to of KNOWN THE PERSON FOR 2 YEARS, but the person signing must also be a PROFESSIONAL as shown in the list. The Professional then has to reply to an email from the Passport Office https://www.gov.uk/confirm-identity-online-for-passport-application/how-to-confirm-someones-identity This makes it extremely difficult for some people to get new Passports. I remember when you could get a new Passport really easily with a simple Post Office form. Sadly I won't be going camping to sample coffeeshop cannabis for a while, until I can find a Professional. This is aweful! And so a shame to miss the Dutch; ladies warm wilt touch, ffs.

_lounge.jpg
:party::party::party:
:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::laughing:

bibi40

Wow last time I was in Amsterdam was 93. I can see prices have changed just a wee bit!

sure , prices have explosed !

let' s go for another smoke test , weed this time ,

OD Kush , from original Dampkring , 11€/g :

looks and smell like good og kush ,
taste is sweet , earthy , a bit floral , very good but not exceptional altough ,
strong body effect , stick me on the sofa , a good smoke for the evening ...

bibi40

Another live smoke report :

Super lemon haze block from Tweede kamer , 12€/g
that' s the third neder hash i will try , the 2 first didn' t conviced , but this one as way better bag appeal , appearance , texture and smelling are great , go on :

very sweet taste , earthy and smooth chocolate , nothing like lemon or haze about the taste , but excellent smoke , if i did a blind test , i would say that's very good first grade morrocan ,
delicious , refined taste .

let' s talk about effect :
fog is coming over me :biggrin:
just take a big slap , it' s strong , all body effect , perfect for my evening ...

this one worth it !!!

gizmo666

Just to dull the ditchwater. Has anyone seen how difficult it is to get a UK Passport, in order to get to Holland? In this article https://www.gov.uk/confirm-identity-online-for-passport-application not only do you have to of KNOWN THE PERSON FOR 2 YEARS, but the person signing must also be a PROFESSIONAL as shown in the list. The Professional then has to reply to an email from the Passport Office https://www.gov.uk/confirm-identity-online-for-passport-application/how-to-confirm-someones-identity This makes it extremely difficult for some people to get new Passports. I remember when you could get a new Passport really easily with a simple Post Office form. Sadly I won't be going camping to sample coffeeshop cannabis for a while, until I can find a Professional. This is aweful! And so a shame to miss the Dutch; ladies warm wilt touch, ffs.

:party::party::party:
:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::laughing:

pretty much anyone can verify a passport now if you look at the list
i've verified a couple in the last couple of months lols
getting a uk passport is now easier than using the post office

bibi40

Let' s go for another review , Nadij , from Original Dampkring , 12€/g :

black , greasy , melt under the fire , excellent bag appeal ,
taste is very earthy , sweet and strong , hints of coffee and chocolate , classic first grade morrocan , excellent ,

very strong stone / couchlock effect , and i like that !

bibi40

Just finished another Mexican haze from original dampkring ,

so taste is very spicy ( peppery ? ) , floral , smoke is spicy too , but very smooth ,

and the high is .... so high :laughing:

goingrey

fetch

Purple from Siberie

6e/g - THC 10.8, CBD 0.9% - Ruderalis x Sativa

I was expecting this to be really weak - mainly a hash mixer kind of thing - but boy was I pleasantly surprised regarding that. One joint of this will give a strong active/up high with very little paranoia. The high is long lasting and slowly fades away over the next four hours or so, after which there is absolutely no comedown or crash. Must be that sun grown magic. Effects wise this is exactly the kind of high you'd want when you're out and about in the city, in my opinion.

It had sort of a woody (lack of) aroma. Buds were on the smaller side but quite dense and really purple.

My main complaint about it would be that, even though it did not feel moist to the touch, it did not burn well, but instead sort of charred black. I had to double up on papers just to keep the joint lit (and even then "work" the joint). Not really sure what's causing this; has it been flash dried, have PGR's been used to grow it, has BRIX+ been applied, is it the ruderalis genetics? Whatever the reason, it's not a great thing.

Also found one (viable!) seed in the 2.5g I bought.

Last edited:

goingrey

fetch

Beldia from Siberie

12.50e/g - THC 34.7%, CBD 6.3%

This one has a couchlock effect - not too bad but still best left for the end of the day. Easy to crumble at room temperature but also becomes nice and pliable after just a bit of heating by rubbing it between your fingers. Mild Moroccan hash aroma.

I genuinely believe the high claimed CBD content - adding it to joints with weed seemed to actually mellow out the weed, even though you would expect hash to do the opposite. This could of course be total placebo. The high claimed THC content I maybe would not have guessed just by smoking it.

Oh yeah, I should probably mention that having a coffee and a smoke at the coffeeshop was allowed (if you had a digital COVID certificate / QR code) - wonderful.

goingrey

fetch

Super Silver Haze from Eurogarden (Eindhoven)

12.50e/g

Whereas the Purple I was expecting to be weak, this I was expecting to be super strong. Unfortunately that was not really the case. The potency was ok but certainly not twice as strong as the Purple like one might expect if price was directly related to potency. I might even go as far as saying that it was not even as strong as the Purple, and the high only lasted about an hour or two. Again a rather nice active high initially but this time with some drowsiness afterwards.

What it really had going for it though was an amazing lemony smell and taste.

I would say this had been grown very well but harvested prematurely.

Not sure if you are allowed to hang out at the shop or not, had a train to catch so I couldn't stay anyway.

NotYourSaviour

@ Bibi40 / Goingrey

Cheers!

Then it's my turn as despite all good intentions we've been to Amsterdam again closely before Crimbo – as almost every year. Happy Crimbo to all by the way if you celebrated!

Terps Army:

Clueless budtender behind the counter tried to upsell their filtered Bubba Kush for 20€ which was obvious if one is equipped with knowledge about human nature though this doesn't mean this product suppossedly from Morocco was bad. Just tried it as I have not had it before, simple as that. Among other tried gear this trip it didn't stand out though - but of course wouldn't mind having this at home.

The Stud:

Never been to this den before and clearly remember a bit of a hype about it years ago. Though this obviously was more about the price of products and indeed not quality as sadly so often. I don't judge regulars going there for 'better' prices but despite definitely not being into daylight robbery myself this is not my approach at all: quality, quality, quality, please! Let alone no one in this coffeeshop game can perform miracles pricewise, it pretty much always means something is lacking.

However, I don't give much of a flying fuck about coffeeshop menus online as I love surprises plus exploring is half of the fun but a filtered traditional Moroc caught my eye ; also it was handy as it wasn't too far away from our place we stayed this time considering all reservations.
Arrived there and was shown pre-packed Beldi and Skywalker both labelled as 'tripple shifted' ; both 15€ per gram. Oh yes, I definitely like fancy distinctive terminology and marketing bullshit! Went for the traditional one[put up a picture here, the one to the right]. Again relatively rock-hard gear current temperatures considered which slowly warms up when handled. Very similar if not the same to the Hiya filtered I had at Solo a few months back and reported about here.

Again not too much taste[woody] though strong effect. If we hadn't picked up wonderful blonde Morocan resin privately during our stay this would be the best traditional resin this trip. Otherwise as expected not worth going there as the place didn't impress at all. Still one never knows so a few tries in let's say a three-year-cycle probably doesn't hurt and is as well as could be applied to many places.

Solo:

Here Love Potion what ever filtered for 20€ it was then as it was strongly reccomended by the staff. While this hashish suppossedly from Morocco was crumbly, had a relatively strong taste and reminded of kush respectively better than what Terps Army offered at that price it still wasn't my favourite when there is a choice. Had a brief look at the current batch of their Hiya filtered again and I'm quite sure it's very similar or even the same batch I had at the Stud, only two Euros cheaper.

Barney's:

Now they have a menu section of 'filtered hashish'[sp]which contained four options: Do Si Dos, Lava Cake, Skittlez and something I forgot all from – guess what – Morocco. I think there also was a Live Resin listed absurdly exopensive[120€] ; though also saw their prices for some of their regulars as for example Turkish[Moroc]were reduced. .Looked at all of them and decided for the former sorta blonde one[put up a picture here, the one to the left]. Quite a balanced product to me taste- and effectwise. Smooth and a bit of a distinctive taste profile similar to many others of this grade but still not the same if that makes sense to anyone. Effect was quite uppish and strong enough. Second best regarding foreign genetics this trip.

The Plug:

Noticed they now have far more items hashwise, also in the lower-price-segment. However, was shown many and went for Papaya 90m[put up a picture here, the one in the middle]. Usual blackish skin and ochre interior though when handled reminded me of classic Moroccan high grade which means in this case not crumbly and sticky at all[I don't care about handling at all but that way it was more convenient]. Lovely strong flavour of some grass and strong overall effect. Best hash with foreign genetics this trip!

Dampkring:

Whereas this trusted source had foreign genetics in the past since ages I never saw those filtered ones there yet. This visit I noticed a new item on the menu for 18€ a g ; name I forgot as it contained at least 4[four] words[Arabic]. Ben something? Again, I love stupid names!
Gutted we went there on our last evening 5 minutes prior closure otherwise I would have been very keen to give this a try. Only a proper try of course and so no option after a few days of consumption[bad timing].
I said this before but despite this shop is bloody commercial their menu still offers Moroccan hashes one doesn't see often elsewhere. This filtered thingie is on since about 3 to 4 years, probably 5 to 6 when I remember certain batches at De Graal[rest in peace]and a few others but back then it wasn't as heavily advertised as these days.

So in conclusion Dampkring had its niche of not too commercial (semi-)traditional ones and indeed no so called filtered gear. That they decided to change this is very worth mentioning to me ; example if not outstanding had a proper look and as said curious about their take. I wonder why? Customer demand? Better quality to be had of these at the very minute? Traditional gear indeed almost non existant anymore[still unlikely or I'm biased]?Questions upon questions again. I'll keep track for sure;)!

Also as far as I can blurrily remember Tweede Kamer, Balou[where we put friendly mid-aged budtender in show mode when he cut what looked like a 5-gram egg of his best Moroc with foreign genetics for 16€ - worth a look I found, unfortunately for some reasons we didn't make it back], Grey Area, Greenhouse, Bushdocter, Green Place, Siberie, Andalucia, Resin, Family First, Kadinsky, Basjoe, Goa, Bagheera and 420 Cafe were visited. Last and least: the shithole which is Popeye is closed for renovations until next summer ; sadly it still seems to be the same group involved so what a waste of a licence!

All in all another neat stay in town even during Crimbo time but fortunately without all the usual commerce with stalls and all that as said before. Let's hope 2022 turns sorta normal again though without dreadful Covid. Fingers crossed!

Last edited: