What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Helping people grow weed is going to become a crime in Holland

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
24 February 2015

The Dutch public prosecution department is to launch an offensive against companies and individuals who ‘facilitate’ marijuana production.

The new opium law making it illegal to help people grow marijuana comes into effect on March 1, marking a further crackdown on the soft drugs market.

The legislation will not only target ‘grow shops’, which sell seeds, lamps, fertiliser and other supplies, but transport firms, landlords and electricians who help with illegal marijuana production.

The maximum sentence is three years in jail and a fine of EUR 81,000, the department said.

All grow shops will lose their licences on March 1, the local authority organisation VNG is quoted as saying by broadcaster Nos.

The law will also have an impact on traditional garden centres who will be required to report customers who are growing marijuana, Nos says.

http://www.expatica.com/nl/news/cou...ijuana-is-about-to-become-a-crime_450302.html

This is really sad. The country is going backwards while the USA, the driving force behind the war on cannabis, is moving forward towards legalization. The damn "christian" politicians and justice minister are behind this shit. Call me stupid but I just don't get it! :cry:

TommyT

ICMag Donor
Real shit

Real shit

Can´t understad this...it doesen´t fit to my brain :moon:

We all have to do more to become cannabis really legal in europe!
Help the organisations who are for legalization, there is no other way. We will have to stand up for this! :laughing:

JointOperation

I wonder who is behind this lol. ARYAN..

he wants his shit back .. lol . wen it was better in Amsterdam we in the US.. flocked over there.. now its better here.. hes like GO FUCKING HOME.. I want to be the only weed grower in the area !.. and I have the money to politically fund this to make it happen..

bigAl25

Veteran
Vote out your asshat elected officials who are doing this crap or move to the US. Your country used to lead the world on a better approach to cannabis, now not so much. I pray for better times and get rid of your conservative party officials. Peace and respect.

Pendleton

All of Europe is seeing reaction against both EU and immigration, so Europe is seeing a regrowth of far-right politics. With those politics comes the anti-drug attitude. There will be no change until the average Dutch focuses on something other than Arabs and nationalism.

N

noyd666

well that's a funny thing, todays paper = jamiaca has just decriminalized good one.
picture.php

panick503

God damn opposite day around here.. I've never been to Holland, and am not familiar with their cannabis politics, but this is beyond me . How would u even prove that the person who ran the hydro store had knowledge that the person buying that bag of coco fiber or that bag of bat shit was going to grow marijuana with it? Or is assuming something enough to prosecute someone in that country?

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
ha ha biotches the usa is taking over the weed business...no need to leave our own country ....yeeeeeehaw you stole a lot of our strains anyhow...you have been replaced...this country was built on booze and marijuana/hemp will save it......

JointOperation

taking over the weed business.. ?????????? I think its a big distraction..

take away our freedoms by giving us weed but taking our guns.. and our rights.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
There's more to Holland than pot..... There;s hash..! No, seriously. A great country to visit. These laws will not stand.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/dutch-growshop-act-force-1st-march-act-entail/

Taken from the article, "Growing 5 cannabis plants for personal (medicinal) use is still tolerated, as long as no professional equipment is used to do so, such as artificial light or air filters."

It just will mean a seasonal crop...5 plants cultivated outdoors. And with autoflower....it could conceivably be grown from late April- mid-September.

Had friends doing that (growing on their patio/top balcony...Weesp, Vlissingen, Zandvoort what I've witnessed) for seems like eons. Just no artificial means growing.

Maybe a hoop frame/plastic sheet over it to extend season....that could be theorized as 'not professional equipment'.

The numerous political powers in Nederland have increasingly become more cautious or conservative. Tsk!

Good old Holland ingenuity will thrive!! And so will personal (medical) grows.

JointOperation

say fuck it.. grow them indoors.. then bring them outside.. if that's the case.. get yourself some monsters.. 5 a year isn't bad if u can hit nice number 4-5 lbs a plant outdoors.. if its for personal use.. you should be good a year.. and could have surplus

Latest posts

Latest posts