What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeded imported bud in coffee shops?

T

tropicannayeah

I haven't been to Amsterdam in ten years and ten years before that so here's a question for recent visitors there - is it still possible to buy imported tropical bud that contains few viable seeds from a coffee shop? Has anyone successfully asked the budseller at a coffee shop for free Asian, Indian or African seeds?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
The Dutch do not believe in Free.
Do you give a way free seeds? How many this year?
They keep them in the imported product and sell them with the weed.
-SamS

T

tropicannayeah

I give away seeds to everyone I know who asks ..and they to me.
Anyone ever find a keeper that came from a seeded coffee shop bud?

T

tropicannayeah

hilarious answer imo

why so hilarious? Millions of growers, Sam included I presume, before internet or magazine seed sales began got our seeds from seeded imported bud...and nowadays, where else in the world are you able to buy bud from Asia, Africa or India all in the same day and keep the seeds from bud that had something special in the one city except in a Netherlands coffee shop?

hazyfontazy

Veteran
hilarious answer imo

why so hilarious? Millions of growers, Sam included I presume, before internet or magazine seed sales began got our seeds from seeded imported bud...and nowadays, where else in the world are you able to buy bud from Asia, Africa or India all in the same day and keep the seeds from bud that had something special in the one city except in a Netherlands coffee shop?

i think Moppel is saying that sams answer was hilarious ,especially considering it was sam saying it ,,,

like u say millions of plants grown from seeded bud ,,plenty of seeded buds in the dam so yes it maybe possible to find a keeper ..afterall skunk no1 came from seeded buds and crossing them :biggrin:

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
hilarious answer imo

lol, yea, thats why its so hilarious....

T

tropicannayeah

so anyway.....Ten years ago it was possible to buy seeded imported tropical ganja in Amsterdam coffee shops, though by memory, there wasn't a lot of choices, twenty years ago there seemed to be several choices in most coffee shops, but how about now, is it still possible to buy seeded bud in a coffee shop?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
hilarious answer imo

I did not go to coffee shops to find seeds from imported buds for one reason, the quality of the herb sucks, and I want better quality seeds from better quality herb. That is why I went to Mexico, The Americas, Morocco, Africa, Turkey, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Tibet, Burma, Thailand, Laos, Viet Nam, China, Indonesia, The Caribbean, and else where.
And more seeds from good friends like RCC that went and saw the plants they collected seeds from. Even Kashgar, and other far off the beaten road places.

so anyway.....Ten years ago it was possible to buy seeded imported tropical ganja in Amsterdam coffee shops, though by memory, there wasn't a lot of choices, twenty years ago there seemed to be several choices in most coffee shops, but how about now, is it still possible to buy seeded bud in a coffee shop?

I bet they still have the same buds you saw, not similar, but the same actual buds.
You can find imported weed in coffee shops, it does have seeds, You can buy the weed and toss it and keep the seeds. And find some better weed to smoke. Good luck....
-SamS

sinsemilla_by

Hi fellow stoners !
I just came back with my friends from a week in Amsterdam and I was particularly interested in finding tropical buds to bring back some seeds in my bag... I was kind of disappointed because those strains become quite hard to find.
The first Jamaican was from the Dampkring coffeeshop : crappy, too much compacted, not even brown but black and had a powerful tobacco taste (nearly no high)... I found one seed in the whole gram, not viable. The second one was found in the Siberië where it was described as "blue mountain Jamaican", it came with a lighter color than the first and the taste was more piny/woody, the three seeds in it were not viable neither and the high was close of being non-existent too. I really think Jamaican weed is good, at least it must be if you find it closer to its original country, or in it.
For the Thaï, the first one came from the Bulldog's coffee. Brick weed, tied up with red/orange strings but not the so popular stick form. The taste was really soft, woody and light-spiced with a far aftertaste of vanilla (from my personal opinion). Two seeds were found in the batch, white ones. And the last also came from the Siberië and I loved it. It was the first foreign weed that appeared to still have green leaves, and in general a greener color. Wasn't tied up nor brick-formed, but compressed a little as the buds were flat. The taste was powerfully piny/earthy, with this kind of pungent smell and the high was really giggly. I found three seeds who seemed ok in it but none of them has sprouted since
In conclusion it's become difficult to find a good landrace as well as its seeds in A'dam :(

RB56

Veteran
The Dutch do not believe in Free.
Do you give a way free seeds? How many this year?
They keep them in the imported product and sell them with the weed.
-SamS
True that. Except of course that they not only believe in free when it's coming toward them, they'll ask for it :D The Dutch are the only people I've encountered who will ask you for a cigarette with a full pack in their pocket.

eskimo

Veteran
what about princess ??(i know jack herer is not imort. but he ask if there was ever found a keeper in a bud that came from a coffeshop )
Unknown or Legendary - Genius

The Genius is an Jack Herer, found into a bag of weed (same bag like "Cafe Girl" and "Princess") in Amsterdam by "The Brothers Grimm".

Last edited:

rolandomota

Veteran
yes sir your better off buying from a seedbank that has landrace strains like ace seeds. they have malawi chinnese panama thai chitral and many nice hybrids.theirs a couple of old releases of thai laos and vietnam that are still available from them through some of their vendors you will definitely find something you like with them and of course it isn't random seeds they are strong seeds.

cannabiogen has two columbians. mangobiche and punto rojo, an african called sudafrica, mexican lemon lime weed called jarrilla, these are some limited edition pure landrace sativas. they have a doublejam which is a hybrid of two different jamaicans in the cannabiogen website by underground seeds i believe it sounds authentic 16 to 20 weeks flowering for that one. these are all landrace based strains with selection against herm traits their not completely wild ones but almost usually one or two generations removed from the place of origin. i hope this helps. i dont think anyone else sells these kinds of strains everyone else does hybrids you know with skunk northern lights or "haze" theirs not that many unique landraces but their out their you just need to know where to look.

rolandomota

Veteran
o one more thing make your own domestically grown seeded landrace buds it's the best way. do a seed run and you will have seeds for the next few years or a lifetime even so many that you have to give some away because it would be a shame not to. most people dont care for seeds you make because they dont grow but some are more than happy to have a crack at them i gave like 500 or more seeds to a buddy the other day hes helping someone with a medical permit in my neighboring state but mainly i gave them to him he can do as he pleases with them. the way i see it is theirs no point in gifting a few seeds a few hundred is better in my book.

T

tropicannayeah

Thanks for the advice, I checked out Ace and I like some of their Africans.....and of course, if you can't travel to the source and live there for an extended time to really sort through what is there, then Seedboutique.com seedbanks are the way to go.

I've grown in the subtropics for decades, firstly with Thai landrace bag seeds and seeds made from these plants and later with dozens of different US/Dutch hybrid strains (and also with other landraces), and definitely the best highs from plants I've grown were from seeds I picked out of tropical landrace bud. ..next time I'm in Am'dam, I'll buy a few commercial hybrid seed packs and if I come across any viable seed in some African or Asian bud that rings the right bells, I'll take those home too....but, of course, I won't be relying on it.

as far as Dutch never giving away freebies...maybe that's true to some extent, but regardless of that generalization, I bet I could get 9 out 10 Amsterdam coffee shop bud dealers to give me some seeds when I buy a deal from them. It's all about attitude. At best I could do it with a bit of charm, a smile and asking the question with good timing....if that didn't work I would barter with something that costs me nothing for some viable looking seeds. .....if that didn't work I would thrust my hand through that little window in the door, tightly grab that stuck up, angst ridden little Euro shit's neck and then ask him again really slowly and really politely....ha, just joking.

Last edited: