What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

a joint on the eurail into France?

laughingmoon

If a nug got stuck inside a pocket of my jacket when travelling from NL to France on the train, is there going to be a legal problem? I'm not sure what the customs procedure is...

G

growcodile

you can bet safely on the french customs being happy to explain the legal consequences to you in detail :)

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Well, first, there's no guarantee that you'll find customs upon arriving at Gare du Nord, BUT, I guess that they'll be quite happy to hassle a foreigner who's made the mistake to forget a nug in a pocket. There are safer places where to stick a nug. Twice I've travelled back with my stash unconcealed, twice I stumbled on customs (who didn't mind to search me, pfeeww...), so now I make sure there's nothing left in pockets or elsewhere to be found by some sniffy customs creeps.

Travel safe !

Irie !

subdub

Hi,

I wouldn't advise it since it is 100% illegal in France, but, if you carry a very small amount, and get back in a early morning train, look clean, you should be more or less OK.
Don't act paranoid, wait for a few people to get off the train before you and check if you see them. They sometime bring a dog, if so, just bin it...

If they *do* caught you, just say you did not know such small amounts were illegal in France, play nice with them as they really don't like when you start lying. They'll just take it and leave you with a warning in most cases.

I'm talking about 1 gram worth of weed there, or a joint, and again, I encourage you to respect the law of the country you are visiting :)

Stay safe,
Best!