What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wheres the best smoke

VERMONSTAH

Im not so fond of the cannabis products Europe has to offer. Although I will agree the Moroccan hash is some the best things Ive smoked in the NL.
Red Moroccan is one of my favorites. Get off the beaten path, listen to the locals if they will talk to you. They dont sell the good stuff to tourists. Far better stuff in the small towns surrounding A'dam and much cheaper prices. Speaking Dutch or German fluently will help in your search to find better cannabis...Bottom line you will not find better cannabis anywhere on the globe, than the West Coast. California to be exact Oregon isnt too bad either :)

That was then, this is now.........

Genghis Kush

I was in Amsterdam in July.

The weed was horrible!

everywhere I went there best stuff would be considered low grade on the west coast of the US.

Dampkring, grey area where terrible.

The hash was good but from my experience Amsterdam is not the place to go looking for good herb.

Very low thc, I experienced a bit of a crash going there from Portland Oregon. Couldnt find anything to get the thc level up in my body ended up eating like five space cakes from tweede kamer.

Genghis Kush

What strains did you purchase? Did you go to Voyagers or 1e Hulp?

No, I didn't go to those places.
I bought a lot of strains all the ones they said where the strongest. And they all where grown and dried poorly. Plus it super expensive!

I've been traveling to Amsterdam for twenty five years and this trip was very disappointing.

It's still the only place in the world that you can buy all that nice exotic hash from a store though

Yellowmoon

The only way for sure is to check out latest reviews and trust your gut feeling. I bet every shop is selling low grade swag at some point.

Go to Katsu, Green Place, either Barneys Lounge...

Yellowmoon

Don't go to Barney's, it's over priced garbage

I could never accuse Liberty Haze being underwhelming. Prices are high, touristy by dam standards, but everythings relative to what you're used to paying. And I'm telling you this side of the planet is not like Socal...

DooDahMan

Avoid coffeeshops that need to advertise in threads like these (secretly, because it's not allowed) or on sites like the one mentioned before, which is owned by a coffeeshop.

The best coffeeshops prefer to stay low profile!

To find the best smoke you need to develop a feeling where to go and who to ask.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
The guy is asking for names of clubs, so if we name some, it doesn't mean we're advertising for them. Voyagers is a low key club that doesn't really advertise themselves, is a little off the main avenues, and many icmag-ers go there. And they have good weed at really good prices.

99%

It's still the only place in the world that you can buy all that nice exotic hash from a store though

So true Genghis, one of the great things about Amsterdam is the huge range of hashes from around the world.....and if someone comes from a place where there's only a choice of one or two types of average commercial hash then Amsterdam will seem like bud heaven or hash heaven depending on what they are into. It's been ages since my last visit to the Netherlands, I miss Amsterdam, it has a nice vibe (or should I say. it gives me a nice vibe...even the rain in Amsterdam is wonderful).

Last edited:

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Back from 1ehulp, not really good experience for me.

I nicely asked the budtender that I wanted to smoke a very clean sativa, doesn't really matter the potency as long as it's clean. He told me looking annoyed that everything is excellent on the menu (and everything around 13-15 euros)...Not very friendly, tried to engage conversation about orange diesel but no interest there, despite an empty shop.

Had a look at orangediesel v3 (nice tangie smell not overpowering but decent, def the right strain) and ecsd (no smell at all!). Got some of the OrangeDiesel because I usually love it and I 'm growing it atm.

Smoked it pure as usual, burning is difficult it seems that its been quick-dried, little tangerine taste, but miles away from a properly grown sample. Classic after taste of dutch sugary additives.
Better taste in the vape, but still lacking of intensity.

High is quite nice and happy, but also quite mellow compared to others I ve tried.

For 13e a gram, definetly not impressive at all. Nothing justifies the price here, except the branding. For 7/8 euro a gram I would buy a gram from time to time, reminds me of the classic nycd tangerine that was around a lil while ago.

Add to that the loud music that prevents any communication, and I m definetly not impressed by this shop.Though I may drop by for another try in a while if the budtender changes, because I ve been recommended this shop a few times.

zamzia

Veteran
Shame to hear that titoon. I have nothing but good experiences when I have visited 1ehulp. While there is no excuse for the weed, maybe the budtender was having a bad day as that doesn't sound like a good attitude to have towards a paying customer. Hoping it's not the same person when you pop back.

All the best

DooDahMan

Voyagers is only popular on the internet, where they are very active.
Dutch people don't go there.

Weed in Amsterdam is so crappy these days is because you go to shops hyped in threads like these.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
1. Who gives a fuck what Dutch people do?
2. Some people are never gonna be happy.
3. Weed is not crappy in Amsterdam, and if it was, it wouldn't be because of threads like this.
4. What do you know about anything anyway, Mr. 27 posts? You sound like a real fun party guy.:laughing:

DooDahMan

img56045441.jpg

:tiphat:

NotYourSaviour

@titoon29

Bummer. 1eHulp is quite overrated though. As a regular visitor of Amsterdam I rarely go there.
They seem to take this name game lots of coffeeshops play serious and act like they would sell original genetics( latest post regarding this of Cannawolf springs to mind: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7173584#post7173584 ).
Also they sell their lame version of Kurupt's Moonrocks(roughly buds coated with oil and kief)there, too. Overpriced and mediocre quality compared to Kurupt's like with most gear offered at dutch coffeeshops.
Nonetheless they have nice items on their menu every now and then I hear.
Don't know what you're looking for but maybe this helps for inspiration next time: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314291
Hope your next visit is better!

@JellyFish

Most of the stuff sold there is indeed average. Voyagers is ok just for the record. Going since age of the guilders and it is a major difference. Sick of that topic though so won't go into detail, just look at this thread above but you know this already. Nuff said.

cainedspaniard

they've copied the moonrocks but the best of it is.... there 50/60euro a gram. All worst of it all is people lap them up, sell out in one day is standard.