What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Year's Eve in A'dam - 24/24 open places ?

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Greetings all !

Moan, since last July I've been planning to go A'dam for NYE, but some unexpected last minute money crap stuff is probably going to prevent me materializing that plan. Oh boy, it hurts !

Still, I have my train ticket that is all paid for, and i have only two options about it : try to resell it, or simply use it.
I could spend just a day in Amsterdam, hoping back in a train in the evening, with the hope that having a return ticket will avoid me being fined (ticket yes, but for return with other train on another day...).

Or I could spend a day & a night, which would give me a little more time to enjoy, provided I find some place that is open all night long, where I can sit a relax a bit (and smoke a lot, eheh...). never heard about any CS open all night. Are there smokers-friendly (and just friendly as well) bars which stays open all night ? Or would i be stuck roaming the streets & channels all night long ?

any tip will be much appreciated !

Irie !

mr.brunch

Veteran
i did amsterdam nye about 2 yrs ago-just arrived in morning and left following morning. lost in amsterdam on neiuwendijk was open for 24 hrs for 3 days surrounding new yr, so i would try e mailing them to see if this is still the case.remember tho, they dont sell weed so stock up beforehand..... they make a lovely mix for the shisha pipe for you if you ask, this will bubble the new year in most effectively whilst chilled on their large sofas
:smoke out:
enjoy the fireworks man

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Oh man I will be there for the day and night as well with some friends ! Would be really great to meet you finally !
Planning to be careful on money spending as well, not sure what is gonna be the plan but not taking a place to stay just party.
Last trains are usually around 1, then starting back at 5/6.
I will be coming by car and going back to maastricht on the next day, available space for you.
For your ticket I am pretty sure you can ask for an exchange on the next day as well....

Looking forward to meeting you then !

Gastro

The Rookies will be open till midnight definitely! 2 years ago they handed out space brownies as a NYE gift :)
Good Times, Good Times!

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Aaaaawwww... Damn it ! I guess there's some higher power who's decided to have me stuck at home for NYE. Been to the trainstation yesterday to change the date of departure, and guess what, I have to pay more than 100€ if I want to do a basic exchange, what the heck is that crap ???
moan... been preparing that trip since last July, but the past few weeks chain' of events has just send it all tumbing dowwn the hill...

oh well, I guess i'll have to wait til next april or May; Then I can go camping and save money for more smoke !

Thanks for the tips everyone, and Titoon, thanks a very lot for the invitation, I guess that too wi be for another time !

Enjoy A'dam on NYE everyone !

Irie !

OSBC

It's been a longtime!

It's been a longtime!

Wish we could link up and puff some tasty maroc.. Like the good oldays!! Maybe April!

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Shame dude, Amsterdam on NYE rocks, pure insanity.. the hundreds of thousands of fireworks, the crowds, the budtenders working overtime.. big drawback is the prices - many coffeeshops bin their usual pricing and charge a little more for each bag of weed, many local shopkeepers are on full alert bumping up prices of things like lighters and bottled drinks, all the hotels and apartments are fully booked and massively overpriced.. Same as any major city on NYE I guess.

H

Hazyfontazy

Shame dude, Amsterdam on NYE rocks, pure insanity.. the hundreds of thousands of fireworks, the crowds, the budtenders working overtime.. big drawback is the prices - many coffeeshops bin their usual pricing and charge a little more for each bag of weed, many local shopkeepers are on full alert bumping up prices of things like lighters and bottled drinks, all the hotels and apartments are fully booked and massively overpriced.. Same as any major city on NYE I guess.

i agree ,,pure insanity at its finest ,what a great 24 hours ,,probably the best nye party on the planet ...

:dance013::dance013:

Gastro

Bleh i dunno what to do, should i take the train over or not coz :p Last train is at 8pm first train is at 6am...

H

Hazyfontazy

Bleh i dunno what to do, should i take the train over or not coz :p Last train is at 8pm first train is at 6am...

the party lasts all day and all night ,,some coffeshops open 24 hours ,,u will still be partying at 6am lol ,,go for it u will not regret it ...

p.s watch the fireworks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gastro

the party lasts all day and all night ,,some coffeshops open 24 hours ,,u will still be partying at 6am lol ,,go for it u will not regret it ...

p.s watch the fireworks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehe, I know Amsterdam centrum like the back of my hand, i know what i would be missing. I was partying till 6 last tuesday, problem is that for nye I'm alone my buddies are all doing separate things.

fastgreen1959

Just got back, the bud was cheaper than it is around here and had some weird and wonderful strains, Its all about the haze. Amnesia, Siver, OG, and there was one called Ice which blew me cotton socks off, There where Thousands of people, Fireworks, everyone was smilling, and i think i seen 4 policemen all day!! luvin it.

mr.brunch

Veteran
nice 1!!
must try to do next nye!!

by the way christmas is good in dam, im a different way.... the coffeeshops are almost empty and you can get a seat anywhere..... except maybe the dampkring!!

Latest posts

Latest posts