What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC420CUP 2020 POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Brother Barcelona is a shit hole for smokers like us!

You can’t smoke in public and if the police catch you they will fine you between €250-€500 per person!!

The police sit outside social clubs waiting to extort stoners!

Moving ic420 to bcn was the worst decision made!

We had more freedom in Amsterdam and the police don’t extort you for money just coz you have weed on you!

Next year we will be holding a gathering on 4:20 in Amsterdam for those who don’t want to goto bcn and have a paranoid event with Spanish police snooping around all the time.

maybe we could switch between Amsterdam and Barcelona? personally i loved the vibe in AMS, can't compare it with anywhere else in the EU. being able to sit in full view of any passing cops smoking a bong or even dabbing, without any thoughts wasted on the cops passing by is truly unique and comfortable. i actually believe the weed hits me slightly better there due to the complet relaxed state, lol

but the facts of the matter are that the last years we did in Amsterdam, we were down to something like 35 samples over all, no oil allowed due to the heroin like status in law. while in Barcelona we had 108 samples last year. but in the end numbers are not the main thing, as long as there is enough to make it a good competition in each category i don't mind where it is. Barca has nice food, great weather, cheaper airbnb's, and the clubs are way bigger and nicer inside them most coffee shops, the sold weed oil and hash is better quality and cheaper too. Amsterdam is awesome, but you do need a good supply of cash to stay there for a week or so.

edited to add a bit later:

wow, the worst decision ever made? thats a bit harsh bro, everyone who actually attended said they were some of the best cups they ever experienced. so yeah, we warned our members about the civil cops and our clubs security was warning leaving members when cops were around. they have cameras facing in all directions outside, they stopped you leaving if cops were out front. we also had a system where folks could stash their packs at the club and only take some personal. in the end non of the members coming for the cup reported being fucked over. but what you say is a known fact. they lurk around some times waiting to check anyone leaving a club. its one of the minus points of Barca for sure. back to stashing weed in your crotch bs lmao. although i personally had a great experience, no problems and we even smoked on our bikes , but yeah you have to stay aware, not like Ams which is a stoner paradise

Last edited:

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
For me the quality of weed food and drinks is superior in barcelona. Yes adam has also good things to offer but barcelona is consistently better and cheaper.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Amsterdam is always nice but for a cup I'm not sure...
BCN has been incredible the last years and while you have to be aware of a couple things, I didn't find that off-putting at all and a bit of street smart keeps you out of trouble. I personally found it quite nice to not be in an official stoner haven like ADam where the locals are not very fond of flocks of wasted tourists getting in the way of their bikes for the last years hahaha. BCN has the food, weather and abundant clubs of the right size, better quality cannabis in my experience and overall better value for money.
I'd go again over and over...
Hope to see you all again next year or maybe let's do a harvest smoke out in Dam in November?
CC

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Brother Barcelona is a shit hole for smokers like us! ... Moving ic420 to bcn was the worst decision made!

Considering that I was one of the ones involved in having the Cup outside of AMS, and I believe that it's not the worse ever, I can't help it but to chip in.

Yes, the situation is not the same as in Amsterdam, particularly outside, on the street, and one has to be mindful of (trying) not to smell like a Skunk, but the weather and food is so much better, needless to say the value. If it was that bad in BCN, why to open a club in Spain when AMS is where's it is at?

At the end of the day, we might very well have a summer AND a winter meet up! :biggrin:

:tiphat:

B

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Considering that I was one of the ones involved in having the Cup outside of AMS, and I believe that it's not the worse ever, I can't help it but to chip in.

Yes, the situation is not the same as in Amsterdam, particularly outside, on the street, and one has to be mindful of (trying) not to smell like a Skunk, but the weather and food is so much better, needless to say the value. If it was that bad in BCN, why to open a club there when AMS is where's it is at?

At the end of the day, we might very well have a summer AND a winter meet up! :biggrin:

:tiphat:

B

hey Browser

i think you and Moppels etc idea to move to Barcelona was a great idea, it breathed new life into the event. like i said, everyone who was there gave great feed back. we did warn folks about the situation after all and let folks stash their stuff so they could sight see with just a spliff or so with them.

MD84

What kind of venues are these cups held at? I'd love to go to one or even enter but as someone who's disabled i really rely on access being easy.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
What kind of venues are these cups held at? I'd love to go to one or even enter but as someone who's disabled i really rely on access being easy.

actually they are required to have wheel chair access, and in the big ones it should be no problem. check the websites of some of the better known clubs.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
we don't have our own club as such, we got to use one of the existing clubs for the 3 day event. last year we were at a place called terps army. check them out, then there is another nice big airy club that belongs to a member here called Prix d' ami, which we used the year before. i am not 100% sure about their wheel chair access, but i think at least 1 floor is accessible. but do ask them or check the websites as i wasn't looking out for that. but i do vaguely remember seeing wheelchair ramps and elevators for stairs, just can't be sure where. i know that new businesses in the eu are mandated to be wheel chair accessable.

sethimus

Brother Barcelona is a shit hole for smokers like us!

You can’t smoke in public and if the police catch you they will fine you between €250-€500 per person!!

The police sit outside social clubs waiting to extort stoners!

Moving ic420 to bcn was the worst decision made!

We had more freedom in Amsterdam and the police don’t extort you for money just coz you have weed on you!

Next year we will be holding a gathering on 4:20 in Amsterdam for those who don’t want to goto bcn and have a paranoid event with Spanish police snooping around all the time.

is that why you seem to be connected to a new club in teneriffe?

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
How about that stay at home order for spain till may 2021? Its from 23:00 till 06:00 so i think it won't affect a cup?

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
Hi gaiusmarius everything is fine. I think it counts for a lot of people here but the virus didn't change much of my lifestyle:plant grow::smokeit::blowbubbles:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
as far as i hear from friends in Barca, there is now a curfew and lockdown on certain sectors. a friend told me last night he stayed out too long and the police wouldn't let him go home. pretty freaky times....

are the clubs allowed to open at the moment?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
any news about Spannabis this year? was hoping we could do something this year, but it doesn't look great for travel right now. maybe by April things will be better? very hard to orgnize under these conditions. maybe a short notice mini cup will be the way this year if its even possible, or just a meet up where we share bud without cup structures?