What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC 420 Cup Results 2019

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Glad the cup was a success!

Were there any entries from the US? So bummed my friends cookies didn't get delivered....

I don't recognize any of the entrants, it would be nice if the scoring pages linked to their ICmag accounts. Wondering whose entering and winning these days...

madson

congrats to all the winners, was a very nice cup. pleasure to be there. great organisation, lots of fire entries, nice people and yeah..just an awesome event

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Glad the cup was a success!

Were there any entries from the US? So bummed my friends cookies didn't get delivered....

I don't recognize any of the entrants, it would be nice if the scoring pages linked to their ICmag accounts. Wondering whose entering and winning these days...

many of the entrants were not ic members and found the cup through word of mouth. lots of folks from the industry in Barcelona, personally i'd love it if more icers entered but it seems many people in the industry are hanging on ig not ic, so limiting the entries to ic members would make for a much smaller event. in the end everyone who wants has always been free to enter the ic 420 cup, so i see no reason to change that aspect.

considering that the UK cup was on at the same time, i think we did very well to get as many old timers as we did.

and so far the feed back has been amazing, so many people came up to thank us for putting on the only non commercial cup. it seems folks like the no frills concept.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
many of the entrants were not ic members and found the cup through word of mouth. lots of folks from the industry in Barcelona, personally i'd love it if more icers entered but it seems many people in the industry are hanging on ig not ic, so limiting the entries to ic members would make for a much smaller event. in the end everyone who wants has always been free to enter the ic 420 cup, so i see no reason to change that aspect.

considering that the UK cup was on at the same time, i think we did very well to get as many old timers as we did.

and so far the feed back has been amazing, so many people came up to thank us for putting on the only non commercial cup. it seems folks like the no frills concept.

Just seemed odd to me that I recognized many of the judges but not a single entrant. I figured it was local.

Did any entries from the US get delivered successfully? How about entries from outside Spain?

In a way I think members from the US have given up because their weed never seems to make it to the competition.

It would be great if you guys could work out some kind of solution for this.
The mail and package delivery services move insane amounts of weed successfully daily here in the US so there must be a solution in Europe for secure delivery.

I talked a member here into entering some really great cookies this year and the post there tried to deliver but no one at the addy accepted the package or went to pick it up from the post the following week.

Pretty wild how close the scores were in most categories this year, barely any difference in the top entries scores.

How about a US cup over here in a recreational state like Mass where there are private clubs that could host or Michigan.

I'm not saying end the one over there, just one for us over here.

If you had one in Cali you could actually get permitted and make money on it. Not to mention drive new membership.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the post has always been an issue for the cup. back in Amsterdam, we were losing 4 or 5 entries every year in the last years.

sometimes the post man says they delivered it, but they actually stole it. STRAND was telling me it's a known problem. i know that sourkush who was in charge of entrants this year, was going to the post right up to the 18th of April to try and find every pack that was still missing. he was getting the host to run around, we had noreason trying too. so i can say we did our due diligence to try and make it happen for all entrants, specially cases like your mate and one uk guy whos packs were actually on time. thats why we were ready to add them to the packs even if they had come only on the 18th. but the whole week was a holy holiday week, so the post wa probably not operating at 100%. sadly one from UK also didnt make it, even though the other entry from the same guy did make it. crazy! sometimes mail will disappear for a few weeks or a month and then show up. but this is out of our hands, the sender is the one who makes or breaks the shipment.

basically what gets entered and what makes it through the mail is out of our hands. btw sending stuff internally is easy, it's the international stuff specially outside schengen thats harder. even so, 2 missing packs from 110 entries isn't all that bad imo. but yes, i want to create a document or find one that gives people some good tips and methods to ship.

some people, i won't name names, actually brought their entries along in their suitcase lmao. old head for sure that one.....

but of course thats why you have a lot of local entries, much easier to enter if you can just hand in your entry on the way to the office or something lol.

Just seemed odd to me that I recognized many of the judges but not a single entrant. I figured it was local.

Did any entries from the US get delivered successfully? How about entries from outside Spain?

In a way I think members from the US have given up because their weed never seems to make it to the competition.

It would be great if you guys could work out some kind of solution for this.
The mail and package delivery services move insane amounts of weed successfully daily here in the US so there must be a solution in Europe for secure delivery.

I talked a member here into entering some really great cookies this year and the post there tried to deliver but no one at the addy accepted the package or went to pick it up from the post the following week.

Pretty wild how close the scores were in most categories this year, barely any difference in the top entries scores.

How about a US cup over here in a recreational state like Mass where there are private clubs that could host or Michigan.

I'm not saying end the one over there, just one for us over here.

If you had one in Cali you could actually get permitted and make money on it. Not to mention drive new membership.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I'm looking forward to participating in IC 2020. Bring it!

dank.Frank

would be so cool to have you along for the ride, one way or another. maybe we start charging newbs more to help fly in some of the real old ic heads, the heads full of canna knowledge and experience, lol.

really would be awesome if there were more folks from accross the atlantic too, but legalization in the US has cut into folks willing to take it on. lots more expensive to travel to the EU then to go to another state. but it is what it is, we make the best of things and right now, Barca is a happening place and even US extract heads were impressed with many samples, despite being used to the highest standards themselves.

sourkush

Congrats to all the winners! The competition was so high, some stuff that didn't place were incredible as well, really high level wins!

ps : most of them have accounts here but don't use it as much as before but that's the case for almost everyone here

the guys from gwa, bezzle, nature boyz, strain hunters, Oldman green (oldschool genetics) etc, they all have accounts here but not necessarily with the same name/brand

Congrats again!!!!

LAION

Veteran
Thank you for everyone who made it happen this year.

Obviously I was too kind with most of my sample votes based on appearance for this year. Especially now that I have time to look back at pics :biggrin: .

Wish I could add comments for the entries for smell/taste ect.

Let me know if something is missing- should be 110 images total. I will balance out the images over the next days for more even look.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=82184

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Thank you for everyone who made it happen this year.

Obviously I was too kind with most of my sample votes based on appearance for this year. Especially now that I have time to look back at pics :biggrin: .

Wish I could add comments for the entries for smell/taste ect.

Let me know if something is missing- should be 110 images total. I will balance out the images over the next days for more even look.

https://500px.com/icmag/galleries/icmag-entries-418-420-2019

100% CROP
https://500px.com/icmag/galleries/icmag-entries-418-420-2019-100-crop

I will upload another crop size 200% in a while. Will update.

thanks for the hook up man, was cool seeing you. great work on the pics, must have been quite a job.

miaumiau

ICMag Donor
BIG BIG thanks to sourkush again, helped me a lot with getting to find my parcel which was redirected back to the airport, but we got it back, haha!

But my name was spelled wrong, its MIAUMIAU not miamiau !!!

Congrats to the winners, big big competition!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
BIG BIG thanks to sourkush again, helped me a lot with getting to find my parcel which was redirected back to the airport, but we got it back, haha!

But my name was spelled wrong, its MIAUMIAU not miamiau !!!

Congrats to the winners, big big competition!

will get it corrected bro, thanks for supporting the event.

sourkush was really trying his best to get every entry even when i was telling him we should have a cut off point he was saying these packs were already there and needed to go in if at all possible.

weedtoker

Veteran
I'm probably repeating others words, but that must mean something.:biggrin: Cup was lit, 0% BS, as many have said, all that made it good came from the quality of the entries, or the sweat and love put up by the organizers, so a HUGE thank you for all the team G., SK (and all that helped in any way) for taking the time, effort, and a lot of patience with "details" that can always arise, BIG UP!:tiphat:

Would love to make some entry's to it, if the cup continues to happen in the future, it's a great place with a lot of different "heads" from different regional markets and knowledge, wherever you'll end up in the ranks you get mostly thoughtful, constructive criticism. Also, people are mostly chill considering the legal climate of everything, and everyone was easily reach-able, no big ego's, seems community to me, regardless if it was like in the past or not.

Cheers

the pen

Dissidente
Veteran
Fist of all : Respect for all competitors, all of them made this event possible.
and, of course, thanks to the ICMAG cup Staff and to the gals and dudes whom hosted us.

The only sad thing is the number of votes cast, my friends and I shared 2 complete judge kits and we have contributed to the charts with 5 or 6 (depending on the categories) rating tables.
I hope that next year there will not be anyone using the judge kit as a low-cost purchase of great Stuffs

I could imagine being the fattest but also being the oldest.....

Latest posts

Latest posts