What's new

IC Mag Cup 2013 - How to get in

Hi All,

AM from Namibia, in Africa.
Would like to attend the Cup this year for first time. Busy counting my change for a ticket and all.
If anyone is willing to help me with insight etc please drop me a line or whatever. Regarding tests, smoke, funds, culture, people, anything really would be appreciated. First time in Europe so hoping the sativa is as great, but looking forward to ridiculous indicas.

Blessed Love to you all.

mack 10

Veteran
Holla Out there in the sun!, You have missed this years IC cup, which was by invite only.
However there is the High times Cannabis Cup due in November 24th-28th in Amsterdam.
If you attend that then no doubt you will meet some ic members , thus at the next IC cup you would then be more than welcome to come as you would be known.
if that makes any sense?
see ya around O.t.i.t.s. (love the name)
~Mack.

mack 10

Veteran
No worries my IC brothers. I'll be at the HTCC cup as usual, So holla if ya there!
~Mack.

mack 10

Veteran
Yo milde! you would need someone(a respected member) to vouch for you,
ie, actually know you in real life.
Security of members is of utmost importance.

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Guess that's the downside of living far away in a third world country...

... Guess you will know by now, but even those of us that live in a far away third world country love their ganja :rasta: and have better access to outdoor grown sativas.

So don't be hatin', start working, saving, growing, reading or swimming and keep your eyes open, coz the IC crew is ALL OVER the place, and every body is a local somewhere.

How about starting an essay competition on "Why I should get in the IC Mag Cup?" :laughing:

:tiphat:

B

MildeStoner

Veteran
Hahahaha, yeah, I'm well aware that high quality marijuana is being grown the world over, unfortunately for me my local 3rd world sativa offerings are generally not to my taste. Thankfully over the last 20 years many people have hopped on to the exotic strain train (My exotics are probably the norm for European and American members, and vice versa:))

Have been a member here for a good while, made a few friends, found a couple old ones, lost a few, but never met any of the "respected members", not even sure who fits under that particular umbrella to be honest. As respect is subjective, the question "respected by whom?" springs to mind..

For the record, my previous post was not in any sense intended to be perceived as "hating", I was pointing out the fact that this process is considerably more difficult for a 3rd world member than someone in the states. I mean, it would literally cost me 10's of thousands of ZAR to get overseas to do this, which at this point is not easily justifiable (at least for me), whereas my US and European compatriots seem to have ample opportunity to network with one another at a variety of events. To me, that is the downside, but don't worry, there are upsides too!

I'm not giving up hope of attending one of these, but realistically the time frame will be 5-10 years from now, not 1, if I need to personally meet respected members as a prerequisite for attendance.

Hey, this is a good few words, if I call it an essay can I come?:laughing:

In all seriousness, I'll get there in the end, so when you make out the vague outline of someone with a seemingly South African accent whose physical presence seems ethereal due to vapour clouds thicker than congealed, prolonged-soak ethanol oil, you'll know who it is:thank you:

Well i experienced it different, i registered on this site in 2011 advised by a friend i met in Cape Town, ( i didn't believe him about the legitimacy of the people on this site, till people i know that know a couple of people and have been to couple of cups told me the same)

but yo man,

What makes The Republic of South Africa a 3rd world country though? (Unless your the UN)
3rd world is subjective. Juxtaposed quote "respected by whom?" 3rd world to WHOM?

You need to be Ray Charles to the bias stuff

They exist, Ive been to a few, but more festivals and nothings competitive (which i fairly prefer) what i like is one gets to meet the elders and experienced growers and enthusiasts. Toke, share, exchange.

Again, these were for a permitted audience only, but there is some like "summer splash festival" at monwabisi beach in cape town, which is more public friendly and its basically legal for the day (cops are around for protection only,bud swopping and leaving with your bud is all good) there is a few of these in the eastern cape as well.

would work, but dynamics are vast. you have so many different levels of understanding within the social ethos of ganja in africa. Spiritual, experimental, racial, economical etc..
would, i guess depend on whats the point of the cup.

The more i go through this site, the more i see that every single thing ive said so far. Someone else has already said. All the info on the festivals etc..Its all on here as well, look under African thread. a lot of that is FACT, even if i didn't write it and its old, ill tell you, they know what they talking about but that's only in South Africa.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65544

Good references.

MildeStoner

Veteran
Why not start an African cup?
There have been attempts but I think the paranoia associated with the legal climate in SA coupled with the terrifying nature of our third world prisons discourages the majority of the folks who should be attending such events from doing so, we hermit down here, keep to ourselves, and generally only trust close circles :ying:.
What makes The Republic of South Africa a 3rd world country though? (Unless your the UN)
3rd world is subjective. Juxtaposed quote "respected by whom?" 3rd world to WHOM?
Unemployment rate, poverty, lack of healthcare and schooling, lack of infastructure, a welfare system, a competent police force etc, etc, the list could go on almost indefintely. South Africa is often described as a 3rd world country with pockets of first world, a sentiment I very much agree with. It's possible to not see anything remotely reminiscent of the 3rd world if you just stay in the richer areas of the suburbs in the major cities, but if you go into the poverty stricken places where most of the population resides it quickly becomes very evident that you are not in what is described as the first world.:tiphat:
If you can name a first world country whose capital city is so polarized that the select few live in multimillion Rand mansions while 30 km away a large percentage of the population is literally forced to use a bucket to shit into, with no systems in place to dispose of the waste, I'll eat my words...

Seems like a personal view to me, as i see it differently.
I see people for example from the rural villages happy with how life is that are being forced to update their lifestyle to accommodate such notions.
Withing the cities, i see soci-eco political games being played with the masses, with labels and status for credibility. No intention to make you eat your words, all the intention to have you think outside in or vice-versa.

MildeStoner

Veteran
I'm not really sure what your point is? Are you saying that because some rural villages are content with traditional lifestyles SA isn't a 3rd world country?
Or have I missed it?

Latest posts

Latest posts