What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hash Entries 2013

C

Chamba

How to smoke with pleasure and appreciation in mind......make the whole experience better by preparing yourself before you are about to experience the effects..begin by setting the scene by turning off annoying noise and getting away from other distractions.

and when you smoke, try it this way, sit up straight, close your eyes and inhale the smoke, hold it in then slowly exhale, then slowly open your eyes.

Doing this will set the stage for a greater appreciation of cannabis and it's effects, this will help you focus on what you are doing at that moment instead of on the many distractions that surround us that take subtract from the buzz

This is just one simple way, there are more advanced techniques that you can discover for yourself to get higher and smoke less.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I have experience sniffing salty water, to me it is way way worse then a morning bong rip that clears up any phlegm and snot. To each their own, but what sounds better, a bong of resin or a bunch of salt water up your nose? You can try this next time you are at the beach, good luck....
Remember this advice is from the same guy that suggested that smoking small hits will get you more stoned then the same amount smoked in one big rip. 10 Small 100 mg hits do not equal the rush and high from a one 1 gram hit, believe me I know.
I personally take a small hit first in the day and then I can do whatever size I want, no problems.
As for preventing colds, I have only had one or two in the last twenty years, my wife says it is because of the hash I smoke constantly keeps them away. I think she is right.
Also I smoke standing up, laying down, standing on my head, they all work fine. As for "and when you smoke, try it this way, sit up straight, close your eyes and inhale the smoke, hold it in then slowly exhale, then slowly open your eyes."
If you smoke a bigger hit of really clean resin then none of this matters, and while I do not recommend it, one of my favorite ways to smoke as a youth was while driving a car, but I do suggest you keep your eyes open.
-SamS

A constricted air passage, caused either by a build up a phlegm or due to swelling caused by hot, irritating smoke, puts you in a vicious circle of coughing, more constriction and then more coughing when smoking......to help this, clear the gunk that clogs you up by gargling warm salty water, then sniffing a spoonful of the warm salty water in each nostril by closing off one nostril and your mouth as you inhale the liquid through the open nostril with your head tilted back..(as you get used to this, increase the amount of warm salty water you sniff) the water and some of the snot can be hawked up and spat out, then gargle vigorously again. This will help open up your air passages and lessen the chance of coughing when inhaling smoke.

How to prevent a sore throat and cold - the very instance you feel the back of your throat becoming itchy, which is the sure sign of a sore throat coming, then gargle vigorously several times with hot salty water, the water should be as hot as you can handle and a little saltier than sea water....do this at the very first sign of a scratchy, itchy throat and you will not spend the next week feeling like lousy, stuck in bed with a cold from hell..this works really well.

Last edited:

PTDTTLHS

Remember this advice is from the same guy that suggested that smoking small hits will get you more stoned then the same amount smoked in one big rip. 10 Small 100 mg hits do not equal the rush and high from a one 1 gram hit, believe me I know.

Several small hits in a row (that can be held in the lungs so the THC is absorbed) that doesn't make the smoker cough and expel the smoke violently as soon as it is in his lungs will definitely get him higher than the same smoker who packs the same amount as the several hits in one big bowl inhales it all at once and thencoughs it all out violently the second it over fills his lungs. If you can smoke huge bowls, good for you, but the advice mentioned here is for those who are not able to.

Irrigating your sinuses with warm salt water is really effective, at first it is uncomfortable, then like first doing push-ups or trying to learn a new language, it gets easier. If have had a blocked up nose and went swimming, then after a awhile you notice the snot easily getting expelled from your throat and nose, then you are nasal irrigating. Snorting warm salty water up each nostril and then gargling with hot salty water is the same without the need to get wet...both ways will clear out your sinuses. I've never noticed that bong hits clear out the snot, but hey, everyone is different aren't they.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I do not cough when I take big hits except for the first one of the day.
As for what gets you higher big hits or small, if you can't hold your hits then what you say may be true, if you can, it is not true for sure.
What gets you higher a 1 gram bong hit or a 1 gram vaporizor hit that fills 2 bags with several breaths in each bag? It is the same with smoking hash, little hits of the same total weight do not take you to the same place as one big hit of the same total weight. Why is it the little hit proponents that say they do? Because they don't take big hits to compare it to, they do not know.
If you for some medical reason can't take big hits then do what the little hitters suggest, but don't fool your self into thinking it is more effective for anyone else.
-SamS

Several small hits in a row (that can be held in the lungs so the THC is absorbed) that doesn't make the smoker cough and expel the smoke violently as soon as it is in his lungs will definitely get him higher than the same smoker who packs the same amount as the several hits in one big bowl inhales it all at once and thencoughs it all out violently the second it over fills his lungs. If you can smoke huge bowls, good for you, but the advice mentioned here is for those who are not able to.

Irrigating your sinuses with warm salt water is really effective, at first it is uncomfortable, then like first doing push-ups or trying to learn a new language, it gets easier. If have had a blocked up nose and went swimming, then after a awhile you notice the snot easily getting expelled from your throat and nose, then you are nasal irrigating. Snorting warm salty water up each nostril and then gargling with hot salty water is the same without the need to get wet...both ways will clear out your sinuses. I've never noticed that bong hits clear out the snot, but hey, everyone is different aren't they.

PTDTTLHS

no one is saying it is more effective, stop arguing with yourself lol....the posts you were referring to were about those who cough their guts out, not those who don't. No one is not saying that a half gram hit is harder hitting than 4 x 1.25 grams of hits.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Ask Chamba,
He did not say it in these posts, but has many many times.
I think he is wrong.
-SamS

no one is saying it is more effective, stop arguing with yourself lol....the posts you were referring to were about those who cough their guts out, not those who don't. No one is not saying that a half gram hit is harder hitting than 4 x 1.25 grams of hits.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i think i know what you mean, the really big hits that make me cough and sweat for a few minutes do get me very high, i just hate the coughing to get there. so yeah there is a clear rush to big hits that is not there with smaller hits. but the effect after the rush is over is about the same as the effect of a bunch of smaller hits done quickly. of course the hits shouldn't be too small, else it's just frustrating.

PrinceOfPersia

very nice hashes.
esben's look a bit afghan/iranian, was it spicy?
thoose blondes, mmmm. sure could smoke some of that :)

Maybe you just need to clear your lungs by getting a bit in shape? not being in shape reduced inhaling capacy ALOT,also go to sauna alot and straight into icecold water. that will clear lungs better than anything ive ever tried or heard about.

dandelion tea will clean your lungs

Latest posts

Latest posts