What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GDP x NL#5 beans.

Dank99

Great cross....I still miss my nl#5 from back in the day...

Good luck with your grows...can't wait to see how thesev turn out

G

guest59452

just grow 5 NL seeds and the 5th one to sprout is NL#5 names dont really mean anything, its the final product that counts, so i doubt saying that anything is not real has any real value anywhere. Im sure your one of those people that believe the myth behind g13 if you are willing to make those accusations about a NL plant

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like a good combo. I crossed my GDP with Peyote Purple and with Maple Leaf Indica.

I think any good indica would cross with the GDP well.

mr.haze420

Veteran
just grow 5 NL seeds and the 5th one to sprout is NL#5 names dont really mean anything, its the final product that counts, so i doubt saying that anything is not real has any real value anywhere. Im sure your one of those people that believe the myth behind g13 if you are willing to make those accusations about a NL plant

true, put 5 beans in and the 5th will be # 5. but that does not make it the original nl#5 from nevils seed bank. i worked with him and have seen the real one. g13, well thats a different story :biggrin:

G

guest59452

true, put 5 beans in and the 5th will be # 5. but that does not make it the original nl#5 from nevils seed bank. i worked with him and have seen the real one. g13, well thats a different story :biggrin:

well said. but what are the main differences between most other northern lights and northern lights #5, correct me if im wrong but wasnt NL bred in seattle?
and isnt neville in amsterdam?
if all of the above are true then how did a clone make it overseas?

mr.haze420

Veteran
well said. but what are the main differences between most other northern lights and northern lights #5, correct me if im wrong but wasnt NL bred in seattle?
and isnt neville in amsterdam?
if all of the above are true then how did a clone make it overseas?

if you look at an old seedbank catalogue on the back is a picture of the nl5 plant, covered in resin was the difference. nevil got the beans on a seed mission to america. it was the #5 plant from those beans. nevil lives in australia now. :tiphat:

G

guest59452

if you look at an old seedbank catalogue on the back is a picture of the nl5 plant, covered in resin was the difference. nevil got the beans on a seed mission to america. it was the #5 plant from those beans. nevil lives in australia now. :tiphat:

thanks, its always great to know more about a favorite strain

:smoker:

74G

really interesting cross... .. .

really interesting cross... .. .

it looks like a great cross, i've grew some NL some years ago can't really tell if it was the NL5 cause it was from swiss clone... .. . but i loved this strain, and i grew a lot of NLX too that i enjoyed too in both side growing and smoking, and i always be really interested in the purple strains and GDP looks a good one... .. .
I gonna follow your post...

Thks

Hope to have some cool crosses next year maybe... .. .

PEACE

jayd

NL is one of my fav strains. 20 years or so ago it was the best weed around my area. not sure what # NL it was but it was a real good indica stone. would much rather smoke some nice NL than any cheese what seems to be what almost all growers grow around my neck of the woods. i grew some NL X BLUEBERRY a couple months ago and that was nice. the last nice bit of NL i got in amsterdam was from homegrown fantasy, also got some from another shop but that was nowhere near the same. have grown femaleseeds.nl NL and that was shit

e4ian

Nl#5 from SensiSeeds back in the late 80's early 90's rocked.Great taste.Real olde grape.
Belive They still use "the classic" in NL#5 x Haze.

Jayed,your best bet is nl#5 from British-Columbia seed co.BUT you might find NL#5 x haze to your liking a bit more mate ;).

These seedz are Gran Daddy Purple arent they. i have the Clone of the Doggy .

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
A few days ago:

#3:

picture.php

#4. A confirmed girl :)

picture.php

P

A

Alone

Her´s pics of 3 different newborns #3.
Notice the two first ones....Tri...??

View Image

View Image

View Image

Thanks dimodz :cool:

P

Those tri's I thought were great until all the sidebranches started to tri as well and the clones I took from it tri'd s well. Even though it was my best tasteing pheno the growth structure of the tri actually hindered the yield rather than helped it.

Just a fact I found out throygh experience Ide thought Ide throw out there.

Eugen

Mentor
Veteran
hey guys,
i also put some of those beans "GDPxNL#5 labelled #4" in the ground.
this one is growing on the balcony, the stem is a rocket chunk 2 male :tiphat: esbe.:
picture.php

just took clones of these 4 indoor GDPxNL5s a couple of days ago:
picture.php

happy growing :wave:

G

Guest 315072

if the plant does better being supercropped or lst or fimd and shit like that .. the tri will proly make the yield better.. but if its a plant that is better in one giant cola u could have a problem. i had a g13 haze that did this.. and out of the 2 phenos 1 tri one normal.. the tri yeilded a half o more of bomb nugs and a half of popcorn...