What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC 420 GATHERING 2012 PICTURES..

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
if you wanted your buds to be passed out for free you could have entered this year as the judge packs were given out for free. but it's always nice to sit around and share your buds with people, so i know where you are coming from with that comment. what we could do is charge a small nominal fee to cover things that got missed ths time. i'd have like to add a small glass spoon, a lighter and a pen to each judge pack. i'd also have felt a bit better if we had a guy at the door keeping people out that were not part of the icmag crew. at least a sign next year to tell people its a private party. but all that stuff can be discussed in time for next year. we also didnt get any cups made in time, which was partly due to lack of time, but having a budget would have helped with that aspect too. when you expect people to do things for free, you can't complain when they don't get around to doing it.

i liked the exodus cheese a lot too JahHoover, it was a very clean smoking cheese. but i prefered the SD and the SSSDH. maybe it's cause i got my own cheese now lol. i got too used to it.

SillyCone

we also didnt get any cups made in time, which was partly due to lack of time, but having a budget would have helped with that aspect too. when you expect people to do things for free, you can't complain when they don't get around to doing it.
And that's why it was so good ! No more money for the cups is the best idea EVER. And I don't think Soma would care for an xth cup, would he ? ;)

The pen idea is neat, though, but not that costly.

Actually I have some great ideas for a new kind of "cup", but I'll keep that for when we'll be closer to the new date. (hint: doesn't even include the idea of "competition" so it wouldn't be a "cup", but I'm positively sure EVERYONE would dig it, once one got past the egoic mind...)

Damn, jah, that SSSDH looks taaasty !

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
this was part of the issue
having cups made and renting venues can be expensive
I don't think the cup ever made a profit at any point, but money wasn't the point of running it
but I do have a contact that does 3d etched glass at a very reasonable price that I can forward the info
if its wanted for next year

maybe a donation from judges could cover that or sell some T shirts but I'll leave that to who ever sets up next years event
to decide if they want to go down that road

OP

G

guest8905

can we put together something like this in norcal for 420 next year?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
cool OP, it isnt so important, but for some one who never won a canna cup, the cup it's self is an extra nice reminder. i think they don't need to be expensive, just more about having the small ceremony of actually giving out a prize. in the end we have lots of time to plan for next time, so all ideas can be put forward. but i do think that if we don't have an actual cup, then the seed companies will have less interest in entering their bud. but if everyone thinks it should just be a big harvest party type event we could always try it out. in the end all that matters is that we have a nice smokeout and a chance to chat with friends old and new. would certainly be less stress for the organizers if it's not a cup. but it might be a lot smaller too if it's not a cup? anyway time will tell what people want. in one way if we make it free again we might get over run with people just out for a free judge pack. this time people who came, came in good faith kinda. but i definitely like the concept of the free packs, lol, who doesn't eh?

:wave:

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think a big group smoke out would be awesome, come to a collective decision over the space of 3-5 days.....as well as Amsterdam it would be nice to have a big place in Spain where we could all stay, with a nice pool to swim in as well as plenty of fresh fruit, seafood and BBQ to eat amongst other things.
A private venue would be great for 420 in the Dam, somewhere with good lighting and ventilation to make the judging of the bud better.....people could still go for adventures around town but have a base to come back to for proper group judging sessions.
I think judges should give a donation to cover cost of a venue and any other essential costs such as awards etc.
Im excited already, think we need to make these events 3 times a year (every 4 months so we have harvest ready).
Peace

H

Hoover_lungz

I think a big group smoke out would be awesome, come to a collective decision over the space of 3-5 days.....as well as Amsterdam it would be nice to have a big place in Spain where we could all stay, with a nice pool to swim in as well as plenty of fresh fruit, seafood and BBQ to eat amongst other things.
A private venue would be great for 420 in the Dam, somewhere with good lighting and ventilation to make the judging of the bud better.....people could still go for adventures around town but have a base to come back to for proper group judging sessions.
I think judges should give a donation to cover cost of a venue and any other essential costs such as awards etc.
Im excited already, think we need to make these events 3 times a year (every 4 months so we have harvest ready).
Peace

Spain would be perfect for a 420 cup, i remember when me and oj,karma,ganja baba had a Spain smoke out in 2009, it wa off the hook and the hot sun just topped it up:)

Nothing like getting baked in the Sun:tiphat:

420 CUP, I think we should have seed donation or sumthing for 420 funding and this will cover costs of cup/awards and venues.

One thing is we need a actaul decent award to give to those who are the winners and not no crappy metal trophy but a actual customised cup that represents cannabis and the 420 event.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
There was a small but memorable pre420 smokeout at Spannabis this year featuring a few ICers from the 4 corners of Europe and the Americas, it ended up being the first reunion of Dr P's Tangerine Lovers club, luckily also running into F and his mighty stash of Resin strains. You can also get free Lab testing off Canna at the fair if you get in early...

There are some trophies coming for the cup, but it is an area that we should work on, as you say, make something memorable and suited to it.

LAION

Veteran
few pics from Cannanatics cam..(I hope its ok with u)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
this was part of the issue
having cups made and renting venues can be expensive
I don't think the cup ever made a profit at any point, but money wasn't the point of running it
but I do have a contact that does 3d etched glass at a very reasonable price that I can forward the info
if its wanted for next year

maybe a donation from judges could cover that or sell some T shirts but I'll leave that to who ever sets up next years event
to decide if they want to go down that road

OP

Could have a little section on seedbay for fundraiser too :D I know we could drum up some cool crosses to put up for sale for the cause.

E

eric stoner

Some nice ideas here..

yeah , specially the idea with spain sounds good :dance013:

or in summertime we rent a chalet in the swiss/austrian mountains , sunny mountainathmosphere , cold water , simple food , and good weed/hash :biggrin:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the one thing i think is good about having a competition with judge packs is that it works as a motivator to get the seed companies to enter their best strains. if they are just being asked to donate for us to have a big smoke party, they might not be as interested in sending their entries? the other really nice aspect is that with judge packs everyone is guaranteed to taste everything.

in one way it would be nice to motivate even more people to enter by having special prizes to be won. a little bird whispered in my ear that there might be a company ready to sponsor first prize next year.

the idea of a private venue where we can fill our own big fridge and stock our own kitchen would be very nice indeed. not sure how you'd go about finding such a venue, but it would be cheaper in the long run that is very true true :) just would need to be big enough and smoker friendly.

what we'd need to do though is get a list of judges ready and then have them all pay their donation in advance so the money can be used to make down payments for venues and stocking the venue with necessities. we could post the bills and receipts up in the private area for all who contribute to see whats going for what.

Hazeo

Veteran
....yes, everything seems to mature more and more, that´s lovely!

it was sooo nice yet one week ago on the 2012 event; with all this good ideas, if possible to realize (i think this should work for sure), it will be fantastic...

seeing so forward for that - will be willing to help somehow of course!

regards
Hazeo

74G

THANKS... .. .

THANKS... .. .

:tiphat:
Thanks a lot for this vid and all the messages that makes me remind the good times i had during this event and all the good people i met, and for sure all the good weeds and hashs that i smoke... .. .

A big smile is on my face now... .. . :biggrin:

[youtubeif]FjsOUkh9Ekc[/youtubeif]
http://youtu.be/FjsOUkh9Ekc indi/sat pack video. :p

B

bocil

I know 1 speciall sit for make the 4/20 , Its a really nice place under the mountains ,and biggets sit for sleep ,eat ,make barbacoas and smoke , and not have problems with the people .is in the north of Spain ,The mayor is my neighbor and is willing to facilitate things so that people come to know this place is a very accessible by plane, car or train, if any responsible likes that idea can be carried out smoothly there is a new hostel in the town hall, swimming pools, soccer fields, tennis, for many people, within minutes you have great walks in the green mountains, the site would remain closed to other people and there would be no problem.