What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Rokerij coffeshop closing down

Yarkand

zaterdag 10 maart 2012 11:05
Vier coffeeshops centrum moeten dicht

De gemeente gaat maandag vier coffeeshops in het centrum sluiten op grond van de Wet bibob.

Dit meldt Het Parool vandaag. Het gaat om drie filialen van de Rokerij aan de Lange Leidsedwarsstraat, het Singel en de Elandsgracht. De eigenaar van de coffeeshops wordt verdacht van internationale drugshandel. Zo is hij in 2009 door de Britse douane betrapt met 250 kilo cannabis. Ook is hij volgens de politie betrokken geweest bij twee drugstransporten die zijn onderschept bij de Duitse grens. De man zit vast.

De vierde coffeeshop die dicht moet, is Big Fun tegenover de Stopera. De eigenaresse van de shop heeft nauwe banden met de eigenaar van de Rokerij. Uit politietaps is gebleken dat hij veel invloed uitoefent op de bedrijfsvoering van Big Fun en volgens de gemeente is er dan ook sprake van schijnbeheer.

Saturday, March 10, 2012 11:05
Four center coffee shops to close

The municipality is Monday four coffee shops in the center close under the BIBOB.

This report Parool today. There are three branches of the smokehouse at the Long Leidsedwarsstraat, Singel and Elandsgracht. The owner of the coffee shops of suspected international drug trafficking. He is in 2009 by British customs caught with 250 kilos of cannabis. He is also according to the police involved in two drug shipments that are intercepted by the German border. The man is stuck.

The fourth coffee shop close to, Big Fun is opposite the Stopera. The owner of the shop has close ties with the owner of the smokehouse. From step police revealed that he much influence over the management of Big Fun and according to the town there is also talk of appearances than management.

M

mosca negra

That is very sad to see, to say the least. I've always enjoyed the Rokerij since my first visit to the 'dam... RIP

mr.brunch

Veteran
bad news. the rokerij was a fine coffeeshop , sadly missed.:comfort:
i wonder if any other chains will take over the license for the premesis?

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
I guess if the Walton Family ever got involved in illegal business, they would automatically close down every Wal-Mart and put 2 million employees on the street, makes perfect sense.

Goodbye Rokerij, may you reincarnate not far from where you were, just closer to me.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
wow, wtf? shit is getting depressing, soon no more import hash and shortly after no more coffee shops or what? fascist bastards should just let those coffee shops do their thing as long as they pay taxes.

sprinkl

Veteran
That is sad, I always thought of it as one of the better shops.
On the other hand the owner is kind of a stupid asshole for being involved in smuggling cannabis to other countries, if you know they're trying to crackdown on coffeeshops and new licenses are impossible to get, you shouldn't do anything that endangers your license. You kind of owe it to the Dutch people so leave the really illegal shit for others to do!

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is the BIBOB law?

So, they'll be closing down all shops selling imported products? :biggrin:

B

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
:rant:or the shops will just stop selling import hash and go with local made? but that will make the prices sky rocket imo, even for cannabis. how the hell you are supposed to get bud to sell is beyond me though. no inland production, no import, so whats left? bad scene man, if the Dutch don't come to their senses soon with regards to the whole coffee shop industry, they will lose a part of their cultural heritage. also every Dutchman looses some of his freedoms, that one goes back hundreds of years. even a non smoker should realize, this is a sign of gov tyranny encroaching on your average man, lets hope they fight it. Ams without it's coffee shops would be like Venice without the canals, what kind of retard wants to get rid of the canals in Venice?:rant:

:puke:

:laughing:

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Crap, what a bummer..The Owner obviously wasn't thinking clearly, if this is all true..

I have some nice memories chilling in the "Lange Leidsedwarsstraat" Location...

SoulMachete

Veteran
son of a bitch! i loved that place! the location in the leidesplein was a GREAT place to chill...not the best herb in town but definitly A+ atmosphere! i'm heading back in april (plave lands on 4/20 bitches!) with some friends who have never been and was really looking forward to taking them there..what a bummer....to anybody who has never been...this will be my 11th trip in 11 years to the dam. every one of them a fucking blast! things are definitly changing over there though. and not for the better. if you've ever wanted to check amsterdam off your stoner bucket list you better do it soon before the oppertunity is gone....

mr.haze420

Veteran
What is the BIBOB law?

So, they'll be closing down all shops selling imported products? :biggrin:

B

the bibob is the law which denies you a license renewal, if you are suspected of criminal activity, money laundering, smuggling etc. coffeshops, bars and red light windows are subject to this law. they do not need proof, only suspicion of such activity's.

Plutarque

wow, wtf? shit is getting depressing, soon no more import hash and shortly after no more coffee shops or what? fascist bastards should just let those coffee shops do their thing as long as they pay taxes.

Yes indeed that's the way it should be :smoke out: , but unfortunately it seems to go the other way. The end of the 'gedoogbeleid' is coming, step by step. F*ck the fascist bastards !

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it's typical catch 22, they can't buy stuff to sell in the CF, from on the illegal market else they are involved in criminal activity, so where is the bud and hash supposed to come from? it's totally nuts, it forces the owners to risk their license just to be able to get stock for their coffee shop. at that point you might as well close down or what? if they don't allow production in Holland how the hell can they ban import? i mean really it's nearly as effective as closing the shop outright, just makes them look better if they can catch some one buying new stock for his shop, they can say he's buying off the illegal market blah blah he has to die and coffee shop license is gone, muhahahaha!

we must have ze war on the coffee shops, to save the children!

can just see it....:)

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Totally, Gaius... By degrees we lose our freedoms.. Same scenario in the United Snakes...

It is like the Frog in water that is heating to boil, by the time he realizes his situation, it is too late..

Or the man jumped out of a 20 story building.. It;s all OK until the SPLAT...

Not sure how we can stem the tide on this sort of governmental behaviour. Because the "Authorities" (term loosely accurate) will use any sort of verbal gymnastics to get their way.. Even blatant deception.. What does that say for our Societies..>?

Ugggh...