What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AMSTERDAM 24TH CUP RAID

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
nah the Dam is still too much fun to scratch it off completely. this kind of thing is just a sign that you better enjoy the Dam while it lasts...will be heading over in April for 420 for sure. need my dose of Amsterdam hehe.

real shame that you have to think about keeping your buds stashed away though while visiting Amsterdam now, although i imagine the size of the ht cup was just too tempting a target.

Gastro

amsterdam as well of the rest of holland is under constant pressure from the european union; not to mention the USA who has used military force on mexico and columbia on marijuana planations, so to lessen the pressure IMHO sometimes these raids are planned as a smokescreen to help out the country. notice no arrests were made and all tourists were quickly helped on their way.

it seems no product was seized in the booths or from the "cup" area, so this "smells" of smokescreen as large amounts were untouched. makes you think - eh?

This was not a smoke screen mate. These are the first public signs of the anti drug policy of the current Cabinet.

Enjoy it while you can coz if they get what they want, over 60% of all Amsterdam coffeeshops have to move/close (350m radius from school rule), all weed and hash available is going to be shit (15% thc rule), and it will only be for Dutchies (weedpass).

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
The dutch can keep their wheels of cheese, windmills, wooden shoes and tulips. Try to make a living off that shit. How many tourists are gonna go out of their way to head to that backwards place with only that crap on the menu? You'd think they'd pick a more opportune time to invite economic distaster upon themselves.....isn't the entirety of Europe facing an immense debt crisis?

Why not add injury to insult?

Such a history of tolerance and progressive thought, now totally obscured and replaced by religious and political zealots. Good trade off. (<----not)

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
eindhoven and rotterdam are much nicer than adam imo and quieter,,, not the same, but the dam isnt the same..

it probably was mainly just the size and high profile of the ht cup that got it targeted,,

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
Such a history of tolerance and progressive thought, now totally obscured and replaced by religious and political zealots. Good trade off. (<----not)

progressive thought ???

the dutch ??? lol

its only the remaining colonialist privileges that allowed holland to have dope anyway,,, the dutch were horrific murderers of indigenous populations acting on behalf of "christendom" just like the belgians, portuguese, french, british, danes etc etc , during the colonial period,,

so in away the dutch have(had) the right to have cannabis because of religious and political zealots of another era,,, but everything is changing and holland has been getting more and more facist like all of western europe and america,, no country is allowed to be unique anymore because europe is becoming a single block.

E

elmanito

amsterdam as well of the rest of holland is under constant pressure from the european union;

Not the EU, they even allow to do experiments with the backdoor of the coffeeshop, so in other words legalisation.The pressure is coming from the Freedom "Party" (actually more the group of Prohibition) has only 1 member.

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
so in away the dutch have(had) the right to have cannabis because of religious and political zealots of another era,,,

the dutch have or had the right to have cannabis because of the provos's fight during the '60 in my opinion.........

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
progressive thought ???

the dutch ??? lol

its only the remaining colonialist privileges that allowed holland to have dope anyway,,, the dutch were horrific murderers of indigenous populations acting on behalf of "christendom" just like the belgians, portuguese, french, british, danes etc etc , during the colonial period,,

so in away the dutch have(had) the right to have cannabis because of religious and political zealots of another era,,, but everything is changing and holland has been getting more and more facist like all of western europe and america,, no country is allowed to be unique anymore because europe is becoming a single block.

FUCK NEW WORLD ORDER !!!

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
the dutch have or had the right to have cannabis because of the provos's fight during the '60 in my opinion.........

says on wiki that they were anti smoking activists and anarchists,,, had this quote though

"The Provos thought to provoke the police in non-violent ways, aiming to shatter the self-righteousness of the authorities. Led by Grootveld, the Provos began a misinformation campaign to demonstrate the establishment's complete ignorance on the subject of cannabis. The Provos set out to get busted for "consuming" tea, hay or herbs instead of marijuana. The Provos would often call the police on themselves.
"One day a whole group of us went by bus to Belgium," says Grootveld. "Of course I had informed my friend Houweling [police officer] that some elements might take some pot along. At the border, the cops and customs were waiting for us. Followed by the press, we were taken away for a thorough search. The poor cops . . . all they could find was dogfood and some legal herbs. 'Marijuana is dogfood,' joked the papers the next day. After that, the cops decided to refrain from hassling us in the future, afraid of more blunders."[cite this quote]
Grootveld and the artist Fred Wessels also opened the "Afrikaanse Druk Stoor," where they sold both real and fake marijuana"

my point was about the dutch trading companies and their monopoly at the time like a few countries on various goods like spices/sugar/cocoa/tobacco for example that remained as a part of dutch identity,, which may be why they were more likely to keep cannabis legal,,or at least still a commodity,,, this is just my theory,,

Last edited:
B

BrnCow

Almost in an election year in the US...shit will likely get worse until after the election is over in November...best lay low until it is over with...

Gastro

says on wiki that they were anti smoking activists and anarchists,,, had this quote though

"The Provos thought to provoke the police in non-violent ways, aiming to shatter the self-righteousness of the authorities. Led by Grootveld, the Provos began a misinformation campaign to demonstrate the establishment's complete ignorance on the subject of cannabis. The Provos set out to get busted for "consuming" tea, hay or herbs instead of marijuana. The Provos would often call the police on themselves.
"One day a whole group of us went by bus to Belgium," says Grootveld. "Of course I had informed my friend Houweling [police officer] that some elements might take some pot along. At the border, the cops and customs were waiting for us. Followed by the press, we were taken away for a thorough search. The poor cops . . . all they could find was dogfood and some legal herbs. 'Marijuana is dogfood,' joked the papers the next day. After that, the cops decided to refrain from hassling us in the future, afraid of more blunders."[cite this quote]
Grootveld and the artist Fred Wessels also opened the "Afrikaanse Druk Stoor," where they sold both real and fake marijuana"

my point was about the dutch trading companies and their monopoly at the time like a few countries on various goods like spices/sugar/cocoa/tobacco for example that remained as a part of dutch identity,, which may be why they were more likely to keep cannabis legal,,or at least still a commodity,,, this is just my theory,,

The Dutch have been the biggest dope dealers the history has ever seen. The Netherlands used to have had a trading monopoly on a from of drugs since the late 1600s till the start of WW2.

In the 17th century they discovered opium in the Bengals and exported it to The Netherlands, and by the 18th century they had setup a subsidiary company of the VOC with the sole purpose of acquiring and trading opium. This trade route existed until 1942.

In this same period the WIC discovered the coca plant in South America. They stole the plants and transported them to Dutch India, thusly creating a monopoly on the highest quality coca leafs in the world. The Netherlands stayed the most important cocain producers till WW2. Both Armies in WW1 were kept high on Dutch cocain.

The Dutch affinity with drugs and drug trade has been a red line throught the history of the Netherlands. The Dutch have also been one of the slowest countries to comply to the American antidrug regulations after WW2. Not banning lsd untill 1966 when they feared "an attack" by the provos, they were planning to feed the horses of the Queen's carriage sugarcubes laced with lsd. The repressive system stayed in place untill the 1970 when the Holland Pop Festival (aka European Woodstock) took place. Thats when the start was made of publicly allowing the sales and use of hash and weed. This due to the massive popularity and acceptance of it by a large part of the community.

Thats more or less why they have been so tolerant of softdrugs.

A

astra007

update: yup some marijuana was seized but it seems that it was random; maybe just the dutch police grabbing some "free" green for later.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
'In this same period the WIC discovered the coca plant in South America. They stole the plants and transported them to Dutch India, thusly creating a monopoly on the highest quality coca leafs in the world. The Netherlands stayed the most important cocain producers till WW2. Both Armies in WW1 were kept high on Dutch cocain.'

This is something I had not heard of. The part about WW1 cocaine use is new to me, the rest is too or I forgot it. Do you have any links for this info?

Classic Seeds

Veteran
this is why i keep a low profile the world is changing and not for the better and i just want to pass on the best of the past and landraces to as many hands as i can before they slam the door on the whole seed thing and we are back to hiding and trading in secret .nothing the UN and the new world order do is aimed at increasing your freedoms to the contrary they want to make slaves of everyone and diarm everyone so only thier armys have the ultimate power .fear the politician thats fears your freedom and your right to bear arms in your own defense from thyrany stay strong and stay free don't surrender your rights to any one aloha classic seeds

neuroherb

Sheesh hope everyone is fine and the BS with the cops got sorted out, was really just logging on to send a PM as I was thinking about heading over and now glad I didn't.

Cops are cops and puire corrupt F'wits the world over. However some of the comments supposedly in support of tolerance then slagging Holland in general if there is no cannabis available there doesn't exactly suggest much tolerance or understandin of culture on behalf of the poster. It also gives a fair bit of ammo to those claimed to be hated that can then show tothe blue rinse swing voters that without cannabis these so called friendly cannabis hippies are just people who think nothing of the country and only come so they can smoke weed.

Intolerence is not beaten by more intolerance that only gives rise to grudges and everyone in the world has the righ to be an a$$hole even a copper.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Sheesh hope everyone is fine and the BS with the cops got sorted out, was really just logging on to send a PM as I was thinking about heading over and now glad I didn't.

Cops are cops and puire corrupt F'wits the world over. However some of the comments supposedly in support of tolerance then slagging Holland in general if there is no cannabis available there doesn't exactly suggest much tolerance or understandin of culture on behalf of the poster. It also gives a fair bit of ammo to those claimed to be hated that can then show tothe blue rinse swing voters that without cannabis these so called friendly cannabis hippies are just people who think nothing of the country and only come so they can smoke weed.

Intolerence is not beaten by more intolerance that only gives rise to grudges and everyone in the world has the righ to be an a$$hole even a copper.

i get what you are saying, but when policemen are repressing people and not helping them out of danger. when they treat hundreds of harmless people doing no harm to anyone like criminals, you have to expect people to get upset. people spent thousands of euros to go to Amsterdam and for once in the year not get treated like criminals for smoking cannabis, only to find them selves being treated exactly as criminals and robbed of what they bought in tax paying coffee shops.

A

astra007

remind you of anywhere? in the middle east the dealer will sell you marijuana and at the end of the next block a "cop" will take it and fine you for having it. but then the cycle repeats until you catch on.

funny how outside the "cup" grounds business was near normal with some of my people smoking and relaxing within sight of the area. they said: we were smoking blends and no problems, "they" seem to be targeting pure marijuana bud, seed and smokers.

just an observation passed to me in a phone call i had. the whole thing kind of smells weird. and larger amounts were seized but only at certain places while some booths were not touched at all.

mack 10

Veteran
^^all in all very odd. i wonder what their actual goal was? Taking seed off people is crazy!as is targeting pure smokers. toyal fu@@in joke. @ gaus see you at 4.20:) Mack

vaped

i have every hightimes cannacup issue from the beginining I wonder what this year will look like.

Latest posts

Latest posts