What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it TRUE they have lowered the level of thc in the cannabis in amsterdam..

naynature

have they lowered the cannibis thc level to a 15% strength..
would love to know more info on this subject please if anyone nows more?
as i think its probable to go somewhere else now

enless there is some special event going off in the heart of dam and just go to the museums instead and do that part of it esquisite nite life too! like clubbing well thats all its going to make tourists do if they can't have a smoke of cannibis in a nice backstreet cafe...:bump:

Clive

I thinks its bollocks, the dutch government just trying to create headlines just ignore it. I always find it hard to believe that they can measure THC anyways.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Does a bear shit in the woods?

How could the law enforcers or people trying to enforce this cannabis in the Dam' to 15%.. go about even doing that. Going to every single coffee shop an testing every strain on the shelves? Seems like a lot of work when this movement could possible effect the rate of tourism there, i wouldn't wanna go to Amsterdam to smoke bud legally for a week if it was 15% when i could smoke my buds which would pack a better punch to my skull.

I call bollucks.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Yeah not sure what is up there it's like that in lots of places around the world you would be surprised. Why is most of Mexico so bad with the bud? You would think they could grow great bud. When they say West coast Van BC, Cali and East Coast ,Toronto ,New York they are not kidding oh yeah down south has some sweet bud,,lets not forget Hawaii lol.. But can't say the world is great with bud more like everyone grows the swage shit peace out Headband707

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your lucky to get 5% thc in Dam anyway... they dry sift everything.

And you know this...how? Do you live in Amsterdam? Have you visited every coffeeshop and sampled all of the strains that they have on offer? You have looked at the hundreds of different strains under a microscope and have found each and every one to be shaken ie dry sifted? I think you're talking CRAP!

Ruosk

There's good stuff to be found, but it's getting rare. Potency, though, is often ok unlike drying / curing of the product.

Puffaluffagus

Veteran
I read about this.
They said they were banning "Skunk" weed due to the high THC, lol.
So when the Adam police ask you if you're smoking "skunk", remember what Nancy Reagan taught you, and just say no.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
And you know this...how? Do you live in Amsterdam? Have you visited every coffeeshop and sampled all of the strains that they have on offer? You have looked at the hundreds of different strains under a microscope and have found each and every one to be shaken ie dry sifted? I think you're talking CRAP!

Well this is always the case isn't it.. When you get to a city you never get the finest it has to offer.. Even when you live in that city it's hard to find the best or atleast to keep finding the best. I think it has always been like this. Obviously there are people willing to pay the great growers whatever for the great strains. There was a time you could drive around and smell RKS all through Van BC . I have not smelled that in years .So the underground lives on peace out Headband707

Gastro

Like i already said in the news topic. Its a plan taken over from a commission to advice the government. And the current Cabinet is trying to implement it as a law, which doesn't happen from one day on the other.

I think that it is a very easy way to ban all coffeeshops/cannabis products in one go. Testing has to be done at official laboratories and there is only one company in Holland that has the dispensation to get drugs tested. Whenever anybody else comes in to get drugs tested at these labs (at the moment there are maybe 2 or 3 labs in the country), the labs are by law enforced to call the cops and report on these individuals because they are in possession of illegal substances.

So when this law gets implented and there are no dispensations given to coffeeshops to get there product tested it is basically all over. Because you are not allowed to sell untested product and the avg amount of THC in cannabis products in Holland is 18%. A very American way of getting rid of an unwanted situation by hardnosed conservatives.

But untill that law is implemented the coffeeshop situation is still the same as the previous years, they are open and still supplying to everyone in Amsterdam.
(Maastricht is a different story all together)

TheBudFather

So.... sarcasm goes over you're head also...
Chill the fuck out you little hothead.

I've been to Dam loads of times... 1st in 98.. .
With every trip it got worse & worse for high street bud...(everybody knows this about Amsterdam).

2010 was my last time in Amsterdam... I noticed from your profile, you have been taking people to Bij & Boerjongens... I've been to both.
And both of those coffeshops are under weighing buds... To the locals & tourists.
The threads are here on IC...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=177868 written by a local FYI.

OK so I've been to all of Dams coffee shops, but I couldn't get 1 person to sell me anything Great... over the last 5 years at least.
NOT saying someone somewhere doesnt have dank for sale... I'm just saying FEW & far between... My idea of dank, is something similar to what I have grown myself... The buds for sale in Dams coffee shops are over-handled scraps... Even the coffee shop staff are overwhelmed when some uber dank is being smoked in the shop... trust me.

& oh yeh... 85% of the bud I viewed in the coffeeshops had been for a dry sift. Get over it.

Gastro

So.... sarcasm goes over you're head also...
Chill the fuck out you little hothead.

I've been to Dam loads of times... 1st in 98.. .
With every trip it got worse & worse for high street bud...(everybody knows this about Amsterdam).

2010 was my last time in Amsterdam... I noticed from your profile, you have been taking people to Bij & Boerjongens... I've been to both.
And both of those coffeshops are under weighing buds... To the locals & tourists.
The threads are here on IC...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=177868 written by a local FYI.

OK so I've been to all of Dams coffee shops, but I couldn't get 1 person to sell me anything Great... over the last 5 years at least.
NOT saying someone somewhere doesnt have dank for sale... I'm just saying FEW & far between... My idea of dank, is something similar to what I have grown myself... The buds for sale in Dams coffee shops are over-handled scraps... Even the coffee shop staff are overwhelmed when some uber dank is being smoked in the shop... trust me.

& oh yeh... 85% of the bud I viewed in the coffeeshops had been for a dry sift. Get over it.

Heey, you will have to accept the fact that in Bud in coffeeshop as first been through the growers' hands cut trimmed and cured then packaged up for movement to the coffeeshops warehouse where it again gets selected weighed and repacked. Then it gets sent to the coffeeshop where it again gets repacked. So it has been packaged atleast 3 times if not more. No matter how dank the bud was at the start of this process it is going to lose trichs to the packaging.
Perhaps there are some coffeeshops that might drysift it. But you can't state that everything gets drysifted or shaked till every last loose trichome is gone. The stuff just looks too dank and hits too good for that.

naynature

i do not live in dam and havent been taking anyone anywhere.. so as for hot head my head is steaming with your crap,... and i dont know what you all mean by dank but when i have been to dam whether the bud has been shaken or not i still seem to get high and have fun over there.. so i think people need to CALMdown... and take a chill pill before they reach never never land ...

TheBudFather

i do not live in dam and havent been taking anyone anywhere.. so as for hot head my head is steaming with your crap,... and i dont know what you all mean by dank but when i have been to dam whether the bud has been shaken or not i still seem to get high and have fun over there.. so i think people need to CALMdown... and take a chill pill before they reach never never land ...

??? NayNature have you gone mad...?

I'm talking to Puffin, not you... ?.... I haven't & didn't speak to you at all....
If you had read the reply I received from Puffin, you would understand why I wrote what I did...
Don't worry about my apology dude....

This site is getting fu**ing weird...