What's new

y oh y .. not fair.. and dissapointing

darthvapor

i always get in altercations when im in amsterdam with dutch people sick of brits,, i find it funny,, and if im being honest the same thing happens in france and germany to me so i dont blame amsterdam or the dutch for that,, getting cut up by maniacs just for having a uk licence plate :biglaugh:

:2cents:

same shit happens to me, but Im from oakland, california. murder capitol of the west coast. so if some douche pulls a knife out on me I laugh. Most of the time when they see Ill give them the fight of their life they leave. Ive kicked plenty ass in amsterdam high and drunk. Usually the police leave me alone after they hear why I had to do it. Only wish the police in america were so understanding:angrymod:

eyes

Veteran
I dunno what the hype regarding A'dam is all about...IMHO all well over rated! (and expensive)

id have to agree with some of that statement. i do find some of the history in the numerous amount of museums and such to be interesting. especially the building architecture. you have to look beyond the" im going there to get high and have a good time". theres really more to it than that. as far as the eats there, not very impresive. french frys are served with everything. getting 70-72 cents for every merican dollar is disappointing as well. looking back on it i would have chosen to go somewhere else first although i wasnt totally disappointed.overall im glad i did go since a few years later, the economy went into the shitter and possibly i would have never been able to.

Ive never been to an american dispensary, but the prices are more expensive than in a coffee shop. So i dont really know what the deal is.
And dont go to greenhouse if younwant good weed. They sell weed that isnt finished yet.
We also have better weed than gh weed in vienna. But im just saying that because i know my weed and the weed of people i know. Its not really fair to compare a place you know with a place your unfamiliar with. No matter where you go you need connections to have the full experience.

Ruosk

i like to think americans are going home when they visit europe,, thats where all your history is,, cali's got better bud im sure but what a plastic place,,

depends on your priorities and what you want to experience,,

amsterdam smells bad sometimes,, is seriously cold in winter since it is right by the sea, like a wet cold,, & the food is crap,,,

Canals can stink a bit, yes. But bad food? You can get really good stuff there, just don't eat at the touristy spots. Burger Bar rules, and so does that croissant place that sells huge croissants filled and frosted with thick belgian chocolate... yum! (If anyone knows the place, it's on the western side of very centrum of A'dam, let me know!). Weather's wet, but if you think that's cold, you should come to Finland when we are having those yearly weeks of -30 centigrade ;)

why the stairs are all so retarded in adam im not sure, didnt holland have any worthwhile joiners when it was made or something?,, and the buildings conspire to make you more paranoid by leaning over you lol

Another thing that pisses me off in Amsterdam, besides them stairs, is that the buildings in general are narrow as fuck. Being relatively big guy, this makes moving around in coffeeshops and cafes a pain, especially when stoned out of my mind.

i always get in altercations when im in amsterdam with dutch people sick of brits,, i find it funny,, and if im being honest the same thing happens in france and germany to me so i dont blame amsterdam or the dutch for that,, getting cut up by maniacs just for having a uk licence plate :biglaugh:

It's easy to understand why - you'll run in drunken, stoned, noisy hordes of British teens every five minutes on average day in Amsterdam. Not that anyone should be cut up for that. Or for any reason.

i think the rest of holland is beautiful though,, im going over in the next few weeks,,

:2cents:

Agreed. There are other - IMO better places - to visit in the Netherlands besides Amsterdam. Last three years, and in a few weeks again, we are heading to Tilburg for Roadburn festival. It's chilled out smaller town with amusement park, crazy good vacation park with a zoo (70 square meter apartment there is like 700e for six nights, accommodates six people), bars, gigs, good weed. Spending night or two in Amsterdam is enough for me every time.

Besides the point: anyone coming to Roadburn or just around 04/09-16? Could maybe meet and smoke a j.

Cannagirl

It's true regarding the prices going up while the quality has gone down in Amsterdam, however, I always find at least a couple of impressive strains. Grey Area is one of my favorite shops as I've gotten some of the best there. Annunaki, MMG, LA Confidential, Shoreline just to name a few of the most memorables. Always on the hunt for the best NYCD, though.

I go for the novelty of being able to walk in numerous places and choose what I want upon inspection. I've walked in and right back out of many coffeeshops because I won't buy something unless it grabs me by the boo boo... weed snob to the hilt and admittedly so.

As for food it can be hit or miss like anywhere else. DeKlos has excellent ribs and that's coming from a girl in big BBQ territory. Burger Bar (formerly mentioned) is also great as well as the Soup Kitchen. If you like Italian there's Peppinos right down the street from Rookies & Dolphins. The charging for ketchup still gets me, don't like mayo with my frittes!

I'll be going back soon, t'will be good to see the friends I've acquired through the years.

hogg

Tourists will no longer be allowed in coffeshops in parts of Netherlands on May 1, 2012 and then the rest of Europe including Amsterdam will follow on January 1, 2013.
The coffeeshop owners are trying a last resort lawsuit that will begin tomorrow, if they lose then it's the end for us cannatourist...

That being said I have been several times and come from the U.S.
I have enjoyed each and every trip and have many memories that I'll remember for the rest of my life. As far as the weed goes, Yes, I have had better but I also have had absolutely great weed in AMS and have had hundreds of different Cali buds from dozens of different dispensaries. Cali wins for overall quality but AMS wins for atmosphere and general herb acceptance, nothing like smoking in late June in a coffeshop on the canals..

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Too bad about the Canna Tourism situation... Looks like 'they' finally got their way... Maybe a last ditch effort will keep our access open..

It's all about the Hasj..! haha... Not the tumbled buds, or the over fed stock...

This will make Espana considerably more attractive than Holland, due to the weather, and numerous other factors... I almost always take a side trip to somewhere a bit more South - when I fly into The Netherlands...

In regard to that "Oaktown AttiDude...." Amsterdam is a very peaceful friendly Village. THAT is why the Cops are Professional.. That is why we Love it so... It is an orderly Society.. Maybe too Orderly haha..! It takes WORK to get in trouble there - way to go...

Haha... Amsterdam used to be a lot grittier... Its' quite tame nowadays... I remember trips in the late 80's and early 90's where my Girl and I were followed quite often by thieves especially when we left C'shops..... The Followers ALWAYS backed down when we waited for them around a corner and hit 'em with some choice phrases in an American Urban Accent.. Sometimes, they would flat-out run and jump on a bus... It became a game.. The patrons of the shops - often were troublemakers. That has mellowed out.. There has been a gentrification of AMS's C'shop scene since then...

On one trip I took, a couple of my friends from NorCal Country managed to get thrown in jail for a night, their first night..! I could see the evening was not gonna go well, so I found other things to do.. The Ubiquitous NorCal Grower outfit (Camoflage gear, head-to-toe) told me things were not gonna go so well for them.. Camo doesn;t go over well with the Local Constabulary in Holland or Europe in general.. And I knew this, after being there many times. It was my Friends' First Trip, and they would not listen to me..

They felt it necessary to carry knives, and tried to get into a nightclub with them... Not a good idea.. The Bouncers almost decided to make an example of them.. Even our OakTown Tough-guy above would not have made it outta that scenario... My friends were lucky that the Cops showed up, IMHO.. haha..

As for the British Hooligan Vibe, well that is also a phenomenon that was not a factor years ago... Now, they come down the street, blocking nice peoples' way.. Pissed out of their mind, and Pissed off too... They have changed the feeling in the streets of certain parts of AMS in ways that are repulsive.. A bit like Detroit or Oaktown, come to think of it.. haha...

The Dutch are GREAT hosts, awesome NON-argumentative polite people - unless super drunk...

A Hot Tip for Urban American Travellers: Save the 'Merkin Street Fronting for California...
The Dutch will only Ignore or Diss you, shake their heads, and rightly so..

Other than the afore-mentioned Hooligans,
You'll almost NEVER see knives or any problems, etc., Unless you look REAL HARD for it..

Be a Good Cannambassador..!!!! Always..>!! Wear nicer clothes (less warm-up gear, baseball caps, and gym shoes), smile and be friendly..
Remember "Travel Karma" is a real thing...

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Dutch Gov't collapsed a couple of days ago, so it's very unlikely that the "wietpass" which should be in place in the South of Holland from May 1st 2012, and the rest of the country from May 1st 2013, will be implemented :woohoo:

That is good news for Holland residents and visitors.

B

neuroherb

Good to see the Toermalijn is sticking by their principles on this. IMHO they have done what they caneven reducing from the 5g pppd on the weekends to 3g in an attempt to make it not worth driving from Liege or the EU parliment in Brussels to get a smoke. And really thats a hypocriscy by the Belgian state http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2007/apr/24/europe_belgium_germany_need_open.

Support and respect to all those in the southern Provinces currently fighting this rubbish.

Tatz

Tourists will no longer be allowed in coffeshops in parts of Netherlands on May 1, 2012 and then the rest of Europe including Amsterdam will follow on January 1, 2013. No, the rest of the Netherlands were supposed to foloow, but I think any new parliament will overthrow the ruling, as it is going to cost NL millions, if not billions of Euro's, in a time where talking is about saving millions and millions of E's......
The coffeeshop owners are trying a last resort lawsuit that will begin tomorrow, if they lose then it's the end for us cannatourist...They allready were there, they lost the first one, but are taking it to Strassbourg if they have to...
By the way; One of forementioned coffeeshop owners, maybe even primus motor in the lawsuit, is Arjan from Greenhouse. I hear there are a lot of negative voices around his person.

All of them will have to give the man credit for his action for the Cause.

That being said I have been several times and come from the U.S.
I have enjoyed each and every trip and have many memories that I'll remember for the rest of my life. As far as the weed goes, Yes, I have had better but I also have had absolutely great weed in AMS and have had hundreds of different Cali buds from dozens of different dispensaries. Cali wins for overall quality but AMS wins for atmosphere and general herb acceptance, nothing like smoking in late June in a coffeshop on the canals..

Ass for the houses being small and narrow, how do you build a big house on a plot like, 8x8meters. Or less...? ;-)

Latest posts

Latest posts