What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

y oh y .. not fair.. and dissapointing

naynature

:dance013:i was going to this finally in my life this year but now due to dissapointing news about amsterdam.. i can't... :ying: not fair and y has all this happened.. :tiphat:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
:dance013:i was going to this finally in my life this year but now due to dissapointing news about amsterdam.. i can't... :ying: not fair and y has all this happened.. :tiphat:

what news? the coffeshops not serving tourists?

RetroGrow

Veteran
Just remember, there's better herb in California:)
The Dam is fun though, but very expensive.

schwilly

Hell, better herb pretty much anywhere than what you'll find in the shops over there. Never been but I know plenty that have.

Go to a heady part of spain or portugal.

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
I was sitting here thinking about the Dam today..and I came to the conclusion that it would be a great trip no matter what. Just go, and as far as I know, nothing has changed yet, and there has even been some opposition to said changes. Go

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those rules have to be implemented locally, and Amsterdam has already made it clear they won't be doing so.

They haven't even stopped selling shrooms, which was supposed to be a done deal some time ago.

From http://www.coffeeshopsamsterdam.com...-holland-for-at-least-another-four-years.html among others...

here is good news for all the cannabis connoisseurs who like to visit Amsterdam and enjoy the wide variety of weed and hash that is available from the Dutch capital's many coffeeshops. The Dutch Tolerance Policy, that provides the legislation under which the Dutch coffeeshops can operate, will be renewed from 1st July 2011 and will be valid until June 30th 2015.

This means that the feared 'Weedpass', a card only available to Dutch citizens that would factually ban foreigners from buying marijuana at coffeeshops, can only be implemented through local legislation. Since City Councils like Amsterdam do not want the Weedpass scheme and local politicians such as the Mayor of Haarlem have said they do not want it either, it means it will not be possible to implement for at least 4 years during which visitors from abroad can still freely and openly buy hash and weed from Dutch coffeeshops.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
No problem for tourists and coffee shops so far in Amsterdam, and it is not gonna change in one day.

some coffeshops in Maastricht gonna ban all foreigners except german and belgium from the 1st of October, but some are reluctant, and it s not even a law yet. But around maastricht still good.

Cali is nice for sure, but come on where do I find morroocon, lebanese, Indian or nepali hash there, or even a 13/14 week haze ?

devilgoob

Veteran
Just be respectful, it is a great place to smoke, but don't be smoking everywhere. It's really for inside the coffeeshop.

naynature

thanks everyone for your posts nd quotes they are very helpful and thanks for taking the time out to tell me the land lies.. xx

naynature

thanks everyone for your posts nd quotes they are very helpful and thanks for taking the time out to tell me how the land lies. :thank you: :jump:

Gastro

I dunno what the hype regarding A'dam is all about...IMHO all well over rated! (and expensive)

Well, the hype is about the possibility to buy and consume it legal. Which is quite rare. The quality has been getting worse and worse and prices go up, but that is just the fault of the masses storming into the city and buying anything for 15€/g because its called haze

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
I dunno what the hype regarding A'dam is all about...IMHO all well over rated! (and expensive)

Well, the hype is about the possibility to buy and consume it legal. Which is quite rare. The quality has been getting worse and worse and prices go up, but that is just the fault of the masses storming into the city and buying anything for 15€/g because its called haze

So that makes it attractive going there, I see where you are coming from! ;)

lolwut.jpg

mr.brunch

Veteran
the attraction of going there is to be able to sit back and smoke a j in public chill with your mates without fear of persecution. trouble is some places think they can sell straggly crap as 'haze'.
go to the right places and its all good. shame every one seems to hate greenhouse as their stuff is generally top drawer. any place that is ok should let you have a good look at the bud before you buy anyway.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i like to think americans are going home when they visit europe,, thats where all your history is,, cali's got better bud im sure but what a plastic place,,

depends on your priorities and what you want to experience,,

amsterdam smells bad sometimes,, is seriously cold in winter since it is right by the sea, like a wet cold,, & the food is crap,,,

why the stairs are all so retarded in adam im not sure, didnt holland have any worthwhile joiners when it was made or something?,, and the buildings conspire to make you more paranoid by leaning over you lol

i always get in altercations when im in amsterdam with dutch people sick of brits,, i find it funny,, and if im being honest the same thing happens in france and germany to me so i dont blame amsterdam or the dutch for that,, getting cut up by maniacs just for having a uk licence plate :biglaugh:

i think the rest of holland is beautiful though,, im going over in the next few weeks,,

:2cents:

sprinkl

Veteran
Just remember, there's better herb in California:)
The Dam is fun though, but very expensive.
I always thought USA was much more expensive than Europe for sense? Shops have been increasing their prices a lot lately, and in general prices have gone up because there is a lot more demand but I still think 5-7,5 €/gram is a fair price for outdoor/8-10 weeks herb and am reluctant to pay more.
€15/g for haze would make perfect sense then if it's a 16w haze but most hazes are like 75% indica so wtf, drop the hype

Hell, better herb pretty much anywhere than what you'll find in the shops over there. Never been but I know plenty that have.

Go to a heady part of spain or portugal.

Last time I went I didn't get any good weed by entering random shops. A lot of shops are definitely selling out and selling total shit to tourists.
I even got pot that didn't burn properly, and the ash formed a rockhard thing, nearly breaking the joint in two when you try to break it off.
Still if you do a little google for decent shops you'll find premium quality in no time.
Would it be as easy and legal to get premium quality in Italy/Portugal? And don't you guys grow mostly Critical+? :p