What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Official ICM 420 Growers/Breeders Cup 2011 Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
logo8.png
420 Grower & Breeder Cup
April 18, 19 and 20, 2011
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Daily Venue Location: Mila's Pollinator Shop
Awards Venue: April 20, 2011 @ 7pm - TBA​

rsz_e5f7d94e12cb4db2a0dbb8f09b4ca18f.jpg

Daily Venue Location: April 18-20, 2011
Pollinator.png
data=LtgX-e3f8ctI3U5dJtbt7EJ1ZfRneYme,TYX-1YqDKbJQrmtuBwv_D5TfuUQIqUNXgK-2WZXSdS5TbLN8PvnPxQ2ZRW2kcA7IKnvpg8R2HsCqaPJRwyq4eOSw3wsUPeR0_jIkZIy8HBTNe6hy7A

Pollinator Company
Nieuwe Herengracht 25
1011 RL Amsterdam
Netherlands, The

Mila's, The Pollinator Company, has opened her doors as a good friend of the ICM 420 Cup spanning many years now. Those who have previously met Mila know what a genuinely dedicated cannabis enthusiast she is, on so many levels. We hope to see you all there!

In an attempt to assist those who have a tendency of getting lost, wandering about in a daze, as is so often the case when visiting Amsterdam, we are happy to offer you Mila's place as the daily meet-up and socializing venue, and is where all scheduled seminars will be held.

Mila has a small bar, available for soft drinks and food items, and will be free for all those who have purchased a Guest or Judge Pass.

Whether you choose to enter, judge, or join us all for this annual party event...a very fun
and high time is always had by all! We look forward to seeing you all there!

Join us for wake 'n bake and the daily 420 smoke sesh at Milas on the 18-20th April, 2011.​
:biggrin:
0088.gif

marijuana-animated-leaf.gif

Below you will find the entry requirements for both independent growers and breeders/seed co's, all pass information, along with ICM 420 Cup rules and additional infor.

An entry form in downloadable PDF format will soon be available here. ALL entries whether grower or breeder require the entry form to be submitted WITH the entry.

The address to submit your entry(ies) will be available by pm only in a few weeks. Please pm me for this information at that time.

aad193_125.gif
INDEPENDENT GROWER ENTRY
aad193_125.gif

Entries will be accepted from independent growers worldwide in the categories of:
Mostly Indica, Mostly Sativa, and Hashish.
(Note: Absolutely no oils, or oil added hashish eligible.)

The amounts required to enter are:

Cannabis: 28g per entry
Hashish: 7.5g per entry

Entry Fee Independent growers may enter without an entry fee, so if planning to attend, you must pick up a Competitor Pass from Cup staff in Amsterdam.

ANIMATIONMARIJUANACRAZIES.gif

aad193_125.gif
BREEDER/SEED COMPANY ENTRY
aad193_125.gif

Entries will be accepted from breeders/seed companies worldwide in the categories of:
Mostly Indica, Mostly Sativa, and Hashish.
(Note: Absolutely no oils, or oil added hashish eligible.)

The amounts required to enter are:

Cannabis: 28g per entry
Hashish: 7.5g per entry

Entry Fee Breeder/Seed Co's may enter without an entry fee, so if planning to attend, you must pick up a Competitor Pass from Cup staff in Amsterdam.

While it is encouraged, and preferred, that a Breeder/Seed Co entry be that which is currently available 'in seed form' from their respective company, there are many breeders who maintain breeding stock that they are currently working with, or have not yet bred into seed form. Therefore, as long as the entry has been grown by the entrant, and is entering it in the name of their company, there will be no restrictions as to the specific variety entered.

Entry Deadline
All grower & breeder/seed co entries must be received no later than April 13, 2011.

COFFEE SHOP ENTRY

Coffee Shops will be judged for Coffee Shop of the Year based on their ambiance, cleanliness, helpful/friendly staff, and uniqueness of menu available.
There will be no cannabis or hashish entries accepted from coffee shops.

ICM 420 Cup Pass Costs:
Guest Pass - 25 euros​
(necessary to all events, and carries voting rights for Coffee Shop of the Year).​

Judge Pass cost as follows (per respective category):

Judge - Grower Mostly Indica – 150 euros
Judge - Grower Mostly Sativa – 150 euros
Judge - Breeder Mostly Indica – 150 euros
Judge - Breeder Mostly Sativa – 150 euros
Judge - Hash – 125 euros

Guest passes are NOW available for purchase here:

Judge Passes for all categories are limited!
Judge Passes will be available via www.seedbay.com ONLY!
Seedbay 14 day payment requirements are applicable to all Judge Passes.
Expect them up on Seedbay soon.

Awards
animated_weed.gif

All awards are commissioned, original 'one-of-a-kind' works of blown glass art,
and supplied through exclusive contract with the artists.​

Grower Mostly Indica - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
Grower Mostly Sativa - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
Breeder Mostly Indica - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
Breeder Mostly Sativa - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
Hash - 1st 2nd, and 3rd
Coffee Shop of the Year - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
Breeder of the Year

Rules & additional information

1. Photography of buds/hash are always welcome. However, there will be NO PHOTOGRAPHY permitted at any venue other than images of buds/hash. ICM Magazine Staff are excluded from this provision, and shall obtain permission on an individual basis for any photography which could contain identity of any attendee prior to it's possible use.

2. All those who wish to attend must be in possession of a pass, whether it be a guest pass, judge pass, or competitor. Those entering the grower or breeder categories will receive 1 'Competitor' pass and will have no voting rights.

3. The photo shoot of all entries will be on the 14-15 of April.

4. Judge packages will be ready beginning on the 16th of April.

5. The ICM 420 Cup is a blind judged event. There shall be no disclosure via the www prior to the casting of ballots deadline. There shall be no disclosure at the event prior to casting of ballots deadline. ANY grower or breeder/seed co making disclosure prior to ballots being cast will result in disqualification.

6. Ballots shall be submitted no later than 1620 hrs (4:20 pm) on April 20, 2011, at Mila's Pollinator Co. Those who submit a ballot after that time will be rejected.

7. The disclosure of location for the awards venue will be provided in the pamphlet located in each pass package, along with a listing of each day's events.

8. There will be 28 judge passes available for all cannabis categories. Each sample will consist of 1g.

9. There will be 15 judge passes available for the Hashish category. Each sample will consist of 0.5g.

10. The differentiation between independent grower and breeder/seed co is that a breeder/seed co is one who provides seeds on a commercial level.

11. There is no limit to the number of entries an independent grower or breeder/seed company can submit.

12. No entrant (grower or breeder/seed co) may purchase a judge pass for the same category they enter.

13. All entries will be identified (labeled) by a computer generated random series of letters and numbers. Judges will vote on entries by the blind label ID appearing on their respective ballot with all scores tabulated by the ICM 420 Cup computer program.

OK, that should pretty much sum things up for now. I'll update with additional information as needed.

:thank you:
DG

Last edited:

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
very nice.......indeedy

very nice.......indeedy

OMG..............my lady workz her tail off night and day......so we can come and play........DG...............U are the angel of mercy for sure.....

picture.php

G8t JOB.......as alwayz......DG

mellofello

Nice one can't wait to get the party started! If I enter a strain am I still able to let others not judging sample it or am I gonna have to bring other strains to smoke too?

peace

mello

hazefest

lesson learned, back in business
Not sure if splitting the judges passes into so many categories is the fairest way for the consumer, they can easily end up paying €150 for say 5 growers sativa entries while another person may pay the same €150 for 15 growers indica entries.
Dont wanna seem like im bitching as you've done an awesome job and obviously put a lot of work into it, i just thought i'd share my feeling.
Peace

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Oh my. I can't wait to get to the Dam again. Unfortunately it won't be this year. But I guess it's never to early to start thinking about next year.
What's the weather like there in April? I know in Nov it can be cold as a witches tit. Tulips starting to bloom or too early?

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Not sure if splitting the judges passes into so many categories is the fairest way for the consumer, they can easily end up paying €150 for say 5 growers sativa entries while another person may pay the same €150 for 15 growers indica entries.
Dont wanna seem like im bitching as you've done an awesome job and obviously put a lot of work into it, i just thought i'd share my feeling.
Peace

Some judges only want to smoke indica....some only want to smoke sativa....we did it this way in the past and it worked out much better for the judges.

As in years past, there is never a way of knowing in advance how many entries of each there are...or even in total, prior to judge pass sales.

Thanks for your input, however, splitting it up is what was asked for in years past, and that's the way we're going this year.

:thank you:

Also.....closing this thread TEMPORARILY.....to make some changes to my initial post. Will re-open the thread shortly.

edit to add...........THREAD RE-OPENED.

Last edited:

Hempyfan

I gonna do almost all of em and ouch but I am just buying my herb up front versus just buying it all their so its all good. Still Ouch but I wont bitch anymore as I understand its probably best overall.

Would be nice if their was a discount for taking em all!

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
It's difficult to please all people all of the time...so I shoot for attempting to please the majority. Over the years attendees have expressed the preference to judge indicas and sativas separately, by category (grower or breeder), which also keeps things on a more level playing field. Growers are not then competing among breeder entries. ;)

Based on the number of entries, which increases every year, it is quite difficult (if not impossible) to fairly rate so many entries in just a few days...I've witnessed it...and seen what goes on, and know that the fairest way to judge is not to be sitting with 30+ entries to try in 3 days. I've seen judges that could not make it through all the entries, so they had their friend(s) assist. Not everyone has friends accompanying them to smoke through it all. I've seen people leave score sheets completely blank for several varieties they couldn't get through. Having been directly involved in the cup over the years since it began, the division of categories really is for the best, in order to achieve the fairest results. ;)

Look forward to seeing you there Hempyfan! :smoker: :wave:

Hempyfan

I agree that it is better overall.

I do have a question. After the competition will the names be stated what the blind name was? I would just like to know for reference what is what after wards as so I can appreciate that particular genetic line.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Hi...firstly thanks for taking this on...in the interests of fair play I would like to mention that..

this

8. There will be 28 judge passes available for all cannabis categories. Each sample will consist of 1g.

9. There will be 15 judge passes available for the Hashish category. Each sample will consist of 0.5g.

plus this

Judge - Grower Mostly Indica – 150 euros
Judge - Grower Mostly Sativa – 150 euros
Judge - Breeder Mostly Indica – 150 euros
Judge - Breeder Mostly Sativa – 150 euros
Judge - Hash – 125 euros

does not add up.

you would have to know in advance how many entries you are going to receive and I would also raise the point that last year there were only 4 indica entries in growers and therefore 4 samples for 150 euros is not a good deal.

p.s forgive me if I misunderstand but are you also attempting to charge 25 euros for the privilege of GIVING you 150 euros worth of my hard earned herb?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I remember entering the HTCC (High Times Cannabis Cup).....nearly a decade ago, and I had to pay 600 euro's to enter and give them 8 oz's of my hard earned 'erb....

...and then I was asked for more money if I wanted to place....of course I declined......and of course I didn't place....

JamieShoes

Veteran
thats pretty standard if you are a business I would expect to pay for advertising. my question is more for those of us who do not make money from our adventures (I only put a value of 5 euro p/g to make the point ;) ) ...edit - I'm assuming you were a seed co at that time - I apologise if I assume incorrectly.

maybe there is some entertainment or free food drinks included? maybe then I could see the value of buying the "guest pass"... anyway, I'm not trying to pick holes, I'm just pointing out things which will inevitabley be raised.. :)

LOL p.s are they really so brazen at HTCC? my gosh :D

JamieShoes

Veteran
just checked in with my girls.. I think I'll be lucky to get my entry out in time, so this might actually be a moot point for me .. I'm still interested to hear your thoughts all the same :)

K

Karma Genetics

I remember entering the HTCC (High Times Cannabis Cup).....nearly a decade ago, and I had to pay 600 euro's to enter and give them 8 oz's of my hard earned 'erb....

...and then I was asked for more money if I wanted to place....of course I declined......and of course I didn't place....

I payed 1000 euro to enter. No extra bribe needed for the 3rd place ha ha ha

RESPECT DG,

you did a great job, on this, Looking forward to it all happening,

Do i understand right, That with the Judge packs being divided, That you as breeder can enter and still test the growers Cup ?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
You can't enter the HTCC as a regular grower.......its only coffee shops and seed companies.....and you are not paying for advertising with that 600 euro entry fee...that was the price just to enter....

....there will be some refreshments and finger-food at Mila's.......and I think that DG is organizing some other form of entertainment/seminars e.t.c.....

Karma...looks like the price went up to enter in the last 10 years.....and maybe due to the price hike they are not asking for a bribe any more?

....*Good luck to any who do enter....I reckon it's a good deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts