What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Utterly Wank Coffeeshop Thread

Avoid the over-hyped Greenhouse shops, Barney's and Amnesia (which have decent weed but some bunk and all very expensive).

http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/

This site has a useful list of user ratings, comments and maps.

If I had to take three shops to go to I'd make them the Grey Area, Voyagers and then the Bluebird for some killer hash.

topbilly44

i agree with fizzbomb 100%, you need to be polite but firm with them, and if i think the guy seems alright, i ask him, what he thinks is best, they usually dont let me down, and show me something special. The price we pay for it you need to check what you are buying and dont be obsessed with smoking a certain strain, unless you ask first to see it and its nice. I always ask the guy in hunters and its a commercial coffee shop with loads of strains, last time was ssh last year, it was nice and previously a year or two before g13haze which was 10/10. like fizzbomb said get out of there and go elsewhere if they dont treat you well. They have been ripping off tourists in the damn for years, its nothing new. Some cool people go the damn but also the are alot of idots that dont give a shit about what they smoke and the coffee shops will always sell them the shit and to you or i , if we are not wise enough. i bought a gram of williams wonder from hunters maybe 6 years ago, without asking to see it, i sat down to skin up, it was shit, smell less wispy, i took it back and asked to change it, he did, but he said what are you after, i said something that tastes nice with a nice buzz he suggested nycd which was nice. Personally when i am there i buy as much morrocan as i can, as i cant get it in the uk, again i tell them what grade i want or ask to look at whats listed you cant go wrong.

Yeah. When you're standing in line at an Amsterdam coffeeshop, you'll notice it isn't fast. Ask to see any buds you are planning on buying, and ask about them.

cronicle

YES Fizbomb I FELT THAT COMMENT RIGHT ON. I WAS IN THE DAM IN 98 WENT TO ALL SHOPS LEARNED REAL FAST,HOW THAT GAME IS PLAYED,BUT IM FROM THE CONCRETE JUNGLE THE OLD ROTEN APPLE DAYS SO THAT IS A WALK IN THE PARK. 'dutch oven' is it me or every whare you go in the dam you think someone farted- all in all stayed all around the dam some nice hotels if you have the $ for a little comfort reminds me of home.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Right on Folks.. Certainly, the first few times in AMS it is easy to buy a few rejects...

Wide-Eyed and excited it is challenging NOT to buy something you do not end up liking.. lol..

Eventually, one gets educated..

But, regardless if in a Medical Dispensary in California, or a Coffeeshop in The Lovely Village of Amsterdam, it is always a good idea to ask what is really good behind the counter... At a coffeeshop, you'll often get the ubiquitous question, "Do you like 'High or Stoned'..?"

Meaning, roughly, Sativa or Indica dominant strain...

Yup, for me it is the hashes. But, once in a while, something from the Weed side of the Menu surprises me... Sometimes there is a good SSH or Amnesia Haze.. Things that flower longer than people-around-here like to grow...

So once I find a decent strain - well done, I use that as a bed to smoke the Maroc or whatever (out of a pipe - or bong... pure).. Or Hash on its' own for full flavour.. Especially the organic ones.. Can't resist the exotic Nepalese varieties, et al... As we never see any imported hash.. Although, we make killer Full-Melt..

Latest posts

Latest posts