What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY monthly contest ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

How about a DIY contest
Divide it up for each of the following categories. List from http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=40637

1. Cabinet/Tent/Closet Construction & Setup

2. Electrical- several items to choose from

3. Grow Room Setup –typical bedroom size room found in a house 8x10 or similar size

4. Harvesting/Drying/Curing/Processing

5. Hydroponics System Construction

6. Lighting/Reflectivity

7. Odor Control

8. Paraphernalia Construction

9. Propagation

10. Ventilation/Cooling

11. Find of the year (the best money saver)

12. Over-all rated best of above.

A contest for almost each month. Without these methods above seeds are worthless unless outdoors

Voters should vote if they actually have attempted or completed a DIY Tutorial.

(Public poll with a picture from voter in thread/or link to picture to verify you the voter attempted or completed the DIY tutorial to keep voting honest. Any voter without verification vote is void.)

This will tell us a few things.

1. The appeal of the tutorial as in detailed instruction giving the DIY’er confidence to make an attempt.
2. Actual completion from voters due to a well detailed instruction and parts lists.
3. The ease and cost factor /equal’s savings
4. Recommendation to other DIY’ers
5. Each voter cast a vote with a number ranking for overall tutorial with a rating 1 thru 5.

Ratings

1. Project is not reliable and is un-safe.
2. Could buy the same item cheaper, I wasted my time & money.
3. Works but had to tweak allot of stuff to make it work, due to instructions given.
4. Works great but has to be a better way.
5 Top notch, proven reliability.)

IC could tweak this out and use there own ratings/QUESTIONS...ect

This Contest will also bring out the best ingenuity of other innovators out there, making it all the better the grower community and the DIY’er.

So what do ya’ll think? Maybe give advance notice for contest. So new projects will appear and have time to be tested. Already older posted Tutorials can be polished up with detailed parts list and pictures making it easy to find, without scanning thru comment after comment.

Last edited:
G

I think the "polishing" of existing threads is a great idea, if lots of work. Easier to follow once all the tips and tricks are condensed to one area, instead of scattered all over.

Wonder if there are people with that much time and interest?

house

I love those topics. Should make for some very interesting reading ahead. It great because they would encourage innovation and sharing techniques. They might have to be condensed somehow since I doubt someone will find a great tip for each topic every week.

MrDIY

I suggest a DIY Paraphernalia contest, who can build the coolest bong/pipe or other invention.

N

NZjay

MrDIY said:
I suggest a DIY Paraphernalia contest, who can build the coolest bong/pipe or other invention.

i think this is a great idea...

stoners love to make things.. specially if it means getting stoned afterwards!

could be a good comp.

G

i like the pipe making idea, what kind of parameters would you set?

G

First pic post attempt...

If it's hard to see, you're too high! What it is is an airpump with 2 "6 stones next to a micro pump, which delivers nutes through a 3/8 clear hose that spirals up through the netpot. Very similar to a waterfarm, I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.