What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Poll: Macro Photo Contest

Poll: Macro Photo Contest

• 1. hillbillieonpcp

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • 2. doobieduck

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • 3. Pack A Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. tuco

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • 5. MaFFe

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • 6. hash*_*bean

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 7. HOT CARGO

Votes: 18 13.4%
  • 8. Hashmasta Kut

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • 9. greengirl

Votes: 33 24.6%
  • 10. Vapomiam

Votes: 9 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
This has been an exciting contest with many beautiful pics to gaze at. Narrowing them down to 10 finalists was most difficult. Getting a good macro shot is quite a task when one considers the lighting, clarity (in focus), background, subject, etc....and all that goes into achieving that one shot that is truly special. Most macro shots, properly taken, with appropriate equipment, should result in the photo being completely in focus....something very difficult to obtain, but not impossible. Most here do not have the sophisticated professional equipment to achieve such shots, so I present you with the best (IMVHO) which represents the best efforts of those who have taken a fancy to macros.

Also, would like to thank franco for his entries, they are truly awesome, but sadly they do not qualify due to the simple fact that the pics are from a professional photographer which is not a member on ICM and the pics are not contained within that member (photographer's) gallery. If they had been taken by franco himself, then they would be eligible. Because they are such good macro pics, I felt some explanation to you all as to why you will not see them amoungst the finalists.

Thank you and please Vote!

Here's the list of prizes! When the poll closes 7 days from now, those who are determined winners will need to contact me via pm for instructions on getting their prize shipped.

Prizes!!!!!!! Here's what to look forward to. :woohoo:

First Place (1 winner) will be awarded:
A beautiful Gypsy Nirvana Deluxe Double Screen Stash Box :yoinks:

AND
1 pack of Sour Diesel IBL donated by www.seedbay.com[/SIZE] :canabis:

Second Place (1 winner) will be awarded:
$150 credit for use on www.seedboutique.com[/SIZE] :yoinks: :D

Third Place (1 winner) will be awarded:
$75 credit for use on www.seedboutique.com[/SIZE] :yoinks: :D

Honorable Mention (1 winner selected by Admin) will be awarded:
Choice of T-shirt, IC Magazine or SeedBoutique T-shirt, donated by
Gypsy Nirvana's SeedBoutique shop in Amsterdam

**Honorable Mention will be posted in this thread 'after' this poll closes.

dg

1. hillbillieonpcp - Full Melt
1624even_more_melty.JPG

2. doobieduck - Malawi Hope
7084dec2006malawihopemacro-008.JPG

3. Pack A Bowl - Unknown bagseed
15575Upclose_Beautiousness.JPG

4. tuco - Apollo 11
12948PC200010.jpg

5. MaFFe - erd\purt x purple peace\apollo11
12522IMG_1994.JPG

6. hash*_*bean - Melting hash
2980melting.jpg

7. HOT CARGO - True Blueberry
664IMG_8780.jpg

8. Hashmasta Kut - Oil
851mygod6800.jpg

9. greengirl - Lowryder
4654lr1_po_zmianie_wielko_347_ci1.jpg

10. Vapomiam - Alpine
1402109-10_alp-bas11.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Decisions decisions! This is a tough one. They're all great shots. Think I'm going to have to vote greengirl, what a noble shot!

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
I agree pipeline. Great focus and composition in that shot from greengirl. They are all good pics, and many others were equally good IMO which didnt make it to the poll.

masterlow

- Ez

Fish131

Greengirl you have my vote!
Your macro shot is the best.
Hashmasta Kut your photo is very interesting!

G

gelowas

Greengirl wow, the best photo, you must be a winner,
awards are...hmmm...excellent :)
go go go

G

Woa, i got nominated! hahah i really didn't expect to but i feel honored. many thanks and good luck everyone!

patolunga2

:bat: now.. who select the nominees?? :bat: :bat:

jeje anyway, amazing photos everyone!! :woohoo: , will try harder for the next macro contest...

greetings from chile..

hey maffe!! looking good ;) ... pm you later ;)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

good smokes from chile to everyone!

patolunga.
i love the little bug traped by the herijuana :( :bat: :bat:

G

I dont know who selects the nominees but im happy w/ em. I probably should have gotten a little closer with my pictures, and cropped them correctly to make a real macro. cropping is an important part im learnin. Great contest!

G

I kinda liked #8. Hashmasta Kut.
Reminds me of a Hubble Space Telescope pic of blob of matter out in space.

Bh

G

thanks for the nomination, its truely is enough to get nominated....I personally dig Doobie_duck's and hash_beans.....HMK gorgeous as usual....look at that LR, whoda thunk it?

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got a vote for hillbillies pic. I was there when he took it . Its just a snapshot and it was a real hit someone took. Gotta love the "action" shot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.