What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who got the smallest...

therevverend

Veteran
Found these two tiny volunteers growing in the undergrowth in my patch. You can see the male flower on top of the one on the right. Lucky I found it before it seeded my females!

picture.php

The smaller one was so tiny I didn't notice it until I looked at the picture!

but...but... Why?

Why? Because it's a funny competition idea and would revive this part of the board. ;-)

Why I have such clones? I grow my plants from seed and usually I cut the lower two pair of branches, cause they don't bring me good buds anyway. I use this branches as clones and I use everything I have. Some branches are big, some small, this one was tiny, but it works, too.

My other clones:

I wood

One and a half inches of bud on a stick.
Not the best way to save a plant but it works in a pinch.
Tom hill haze cloned ten weeks into flowering.
Rooted in about two weeks and is just now starting to reveg at five weeks.

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Interesting. Have you done that before? Does this work? I mean I would expect the plant to hermaphrodite or to crippel or something like that.

It's called monster cropping. The plant explodes into bushy growth if given proper veg time.

I wood

Interesting. Have you done that before? Does this work? I mean I would expect the plant to hermaphrodite or to crippel or something like that.

yes it works, this little bud is starting to branch out now,way faster than expected.
I flowered the only copy and forgot to take a clone, this clone and revegging the other after harvest were my two chances at saving it.
Both worked without hermie issues so far.

The last time i did this was to save another variety where the clones got eaten up by fungus gnats. That time i took 3 clones at 7 weeks flowering, from a variety that finished in 8-9 weeks.
Mold was an issue that time and only 2 made it and they both took about 60 days to reveg. That was over 10 years ago and I’m still growing that one, nebula x blueberry.

yes it works, this little bud is starting to branch out now,way faster than expected.
I flowered the only copy and forgot to take a clone, this clone and revegging the other after harvest were my two chances at saving it.
Both worked without hermie issues so far.

The last time i did this was to save another variety where the clones got eaten up by fungus gnats. That time i took 3 clones at 7 weeks flowering, from a variety that finished in 8-9 weeks.
Mold was an issue that time and only 2 made it and they both took about 60 days to reveg. That was over 10 years ago and I’m still growing that one, nebula x blueberry.

How long did it take until your clone rooted and revegged? I know revegging and tried it once with poor results. But I never considered to root a bud of a ripe plant and then reveg it. I even had problems to root cuts from plants which showed prefowers despite 18/6. It took weeks to root them and then they grew crippled and showed signs of mutations like strange leaves.
But when I would lose my keeper I would try this, too.

"monster cropping" sounds like something for emergency. When you lose your fav strain - O.K. but otherwise I think this takes too much time and bring the risk of hermies and mutants. And in the same time I could grow some other plants. But for emergency case it's a solution when you have no solution.

I wood

Thus picture was taken 39 days after taking cut.
small but normal growth already. Should be able to get a cutting in a week or so.
No hermie issues with this or the revegging stump of buds that was my other chance to save this plant.
How long did it take until your clone rooted and revegged? I know revegging and tried it once with poor results. But I never considered to root a bud of a ripe plant and then reveg it. I even had problems to root cuts from plants which showed prefowers despite 18/6. It took weeks to root them and then they grew crippled and showed signs of mutations like strange leaves.
But when I would lose my keeper I would try this, too.

"monster cropping" sounds like something for emergency. When you lose your fav strain - O.K. but otherwise I think this takes too much time and bring the risk of hermies and mutants. And in the same time I could grow some other plants. But for emergency case it's a solution when you have no solution.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ahh - the little ones, the runts, the muti's and the dwarfs - all interesting expressions of the cannabis plant -