What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What about a small gallon or less hydro contest?

I'm contemplating rigging up either an undercurrent setup or possibly building a mini true high pressure aeroponics setup. I've been meaning to try high pressure aeroponics for a while.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I got a few little units from fast roots cloners. When I ordered I thought they was 3-5gal dwc units. But there little 1gal buckets, with the stone and pump outside that splashes up the water. I'm tinkering with a couple Tom Hill Haze clones seeing how they work. Ive grew in soil only over 25yrs and never tried hyrdo, or anything besides soil....and a 1 time coco coir blunder. Ive never been a DIY guy with making cloners and stuff like this. But these Fast Roots cloners are pretty cool. I dunno if one could flowering a plant in the units, but it could probably be done

kookied

If I may suggest, a one gallon milk jug. Cut off the top insert a 3in net cup, an airline to a bubbler can be ran through the handle cut off close to the top. Any opinions?:laughing:

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
I usually grow in dwc w/ 7 litres (1.85 US gallons) of nutes in an 11 litre tub. Top up once a week at first, up to 2 or 3 times per week closer to harvest. Full rez changes every 2 weeks.

What do yall say to kicking this off on July 1st? That should give everyone plenty of time to either root clones or pop seeds.

I've always grown in dirt but have been contemplating trying hydro. This would be the perfect way to get my feet wet. I wouldn't be a threat to win but it'd still be fun. I'm down to give it a shot

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Lol I've got all kinds of stuff in 1 gallons
Here's a couple sour Dubbs
picture.php
picture.php

This whole room is all in 1 gallon pots.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts