What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Return of the Yogurt Cup Challenge; Winter 2017

Return of the Yogurt Cup Challenge; Winter 2017

• sforza

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • dropped cat

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • bugman

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • doubletripleOG

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • west eu

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gramse

Time to plug in the Blumat. Two watering per day is more than my lazy ass can handle:D I will do the flip within a week.
picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
The yogurt challenge is on! These little guys are a total mystery. I have been having issues getting some seeds to germinate so I grabbed a few from my mixed seed stash. These could be anything from commercial Mexican to an S1 found from the dispensary. I tried to grab the four biggest seeds that all looked similar. These were simply dropped into the yogurt cups and watered in. Since these are total mystery, they will simply be referred to by their flavors, Peach, Strawberry, Blueberry, and Cherry.
View Image

The capillary mat is working pretty good except one cup, Blueberry, was getting dry. I changed the "res" and watered the dry cup. I'm trying synthetic nutrients for these guys. A sort of "hydro" setup. I have very little experience as I prefer to use organic based nutrients. So they got a nice light mix of Superthrive, Shultz 10-15-10, and SM-90. I then adjusted the pH to about 5.8. They are getting a spot around the 150W CMH bulb. They will only get a few weeks veg time until the screen is nice and full, then they will get flipped with the rest of the cab.

Best of luck Reiko. You're gonna fall in love with the cap mats for how easy it is to care for these plants. Everyone in this competition should look into them to help take some of the burden away from hand-watering 2x or 3 x a day once they get big and are flowering.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Long time/first time. Always wanted to get in on a challenge, glad to finally participate. Although I wish I had found this thread a week earlier. From here I've got *almost* 16 weeks. Just wanted to declare and say hey to everyone.

I'm in the same boat as Reiko. I've got a handful of some mystery seeds and a new closet I need to set up. I'll pick out some healthy ones and assign them different flavors/containers. Pics later.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I have a few Blue Dream clones that have been sitting rooted in a 6 pack for a couple weeks now. Seeing there's so much time left, I guess I'll put a couple in yogi's and see what I can make happen.

Are we allowed to use a wick type set-up for feeding. Ya know, like a string in the bottom of the yogi going down into a res?

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
picture.php

i fliped yesterday 2/5/17
the soil is promix & coco.
The other plant in the cup is a seedling of sour indian orange ,its kinda mutated ,was going to toss but i put it in with the yoge ,i had the space.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I have a few Blue Dream clones that have been sitting rooted in a 6 pack for a couple weeks now. Seeing there's so much time left, I guess I'll put a couple in yogi's and see what I can make happen.

Are we allowed to use a wick type set-up for feeding. Ya know, like a string in the bottom of the yogi going down into a res?
Yes as long as your roots stay in the yogurt cup anything goes!

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Here is my one week update. Strawberry was horizontal when I checked up on them, so I propped them up with some bamboo skewers and twisty ties.
picture.php

BlazedJas

Id love to join in but sadly i just started a growth and i dont have space for another plant :3 ill follow the contest and join in the next time gl to everyone ! :)

GastroGrower

Finally ate some yogurt, lol. Jumping in on this with what I believe is just enough time.

I didn't see this in the contest rules - do we post in this thread or create a separate one for our grows?

kasvi

My yogurt cup plant have surfaced!
It is Seedsman auto white widow. I am not sure if it is feminized or not. If it is male I will spray it with ethephon to make it female.
Unlike I told you before, it is not inside pc case with 125w cfl, but inside case with 40w screw-in leds.

GastroGrower

Thanks ReikoX! Wanted to make sure before I started spamming everyone, haha.

I'll be running a clone of Barney's Farms Critical Kush. Both this plant and the mother plant will be going into flower at the same time so I'm not sure what to expect. No roots on the clones yet, but they should be ready to transplant in the next week or so. Going coco on this run for the sake of simplicity.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I’ll do one, bag seed unknown vintage and breed.

Seeds gifted to me by a friend who no longer smokes, and had a
jar of seeds in the freezer in his garage for a long time he said.

Rooted cutting from the seed plant, untested but shows female pre flower:

picture.php

The cup:

picture.php

The transplanted cutting:

picture.php

To get a smoke report by May 24 I’ll chop around May 10.

Figure 70 days in flower, indica hybrid, so I’ll flip by March 1.

Good stuff, these yogurt cup challenges.

subbed

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
alright, im in.... got 5 clones in cups, all the yoplait came straight from clone trays into yogi cups; the other one i took out of a solo cup, trimmed the roots and crammed down into a yogurt cup:

picture.php

^^ 5 clones of 5 varieties (from left to right): catpiss x moontang, blue power, daywrecker headband, 24k White, nightmare cookies

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shit.... the 24k white ain't looking so good, that's the one i chopped its rootball in half and crammed into the widemouth yogi cup.... will give her a chance, but looks like im down to 4 already

west-eu

hey i had to put back the Colombian in bigger pot, so this are the one left:

Gorilla dubb #3 / Cobra lips #3 / Gorilla dubb #1

picture.php

they're 4 inches tall

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
This yogurt grow is all about the roots, hope the 24K White pulls through.

Here's my idiot plant, with a tape measure for scale:

picture.php

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Couple days late, but here's my update pic.

picture.php

This is a seed plant of Florida OG(DNA Genetics). She started to flower sooner than I expected, considering she wasn't sexually mature when I flipped her.

Need to make an auto-watering set-up real soon. Those yellow leaves are because of her going bone dry a couple nights. Need to have a water supply on demand for when she wants it.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
so whats going on in here? long gone are the solo cup days of yore, yall boys just cant get enough. i see mostly dirt in here... i never competed solocup style cause some dude would always make a mini rdwc or something in one and tear it up. but i fucks with dirt. i might drop a cut into a yogi for giggles n shits

ill do you one better tho avinash, im only gonna say it once

ICE CUBE TRAY CONTEST 2017!

Latest posts

Latest posts