What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

YOGURT CUP CHALLENGE SUMMER/FALL 2015

YOGURT CUP CHALLENGE SUMMER/FALL 2015

• Twist

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Fax!

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Bugman52

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Jah Nice

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • trichrider

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Ganja Outlaws

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Dirk907

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.King

Veteran
nice balcony Jahnice! fuck geraniums:biggrin:

35 days into flower and now you can clearly see the leaf issues i was seeing last week even in the shitty pics. that crisp leaf on the lower left is way done so it will be coming off and by next weeks update what's yellow now will probably be gone too

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62047&pictureid=1497948&]View Image[/url]

i still have good drainage so she can eat and drink and things are rolling along but i have 4 weeks to go. all i can do is hope it stays that way because i'm running out of ideas. sane ideas anyway.....

not sure if i should be smoking more of this stuff, or less of this stuff at this point ......... puff,puff,pass

tick tock

good luck everybody!i

Yea I see what you are talking about man. Sorry too see that. Maybe it is the strain? Or does it happen with all of yours? I use a Ph perfect formula, not saying that is what is keeping mine all the way green the entire way. Just figure I would mention this too you man. Would definitely like to help you work this thing out so we can have some even crazier rounds later down the road :biggrin:. Best of luck.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
Yea I see what you are talking about man. Sorry too see that. Maybe it is the strain? Or does it happen with all of yours? I use a Ph perfect formula, not saying that is what is keeping mine all the way green the entire way. Just figure I would mention this too you man. Would definitely like to help you work this thing out so we can have some even crazier rounds later down the road :biggrin:. Best of luck.

thanks for the input Doc.

i really don't think it has anything to do with the strain. the strain is white russian and her mom and sisters before her have not acted like she is. they were all grown in MUCH bigger pots in soil and were/are as trouble free as i could ask for. if something is looking rough it's either A)because i've fucked it up OR B)there is only so far you can push in a tiny cup and i have gone too far ....... so refer to A :woohoo:

i'm doing this with samples that i get free from CX nutrients. i stopped checking the Ph a few rounds ago because it seems to stay very stable from what i was reading and the plants seem to like the stuff. i think i'll get a meter out and see if things are good just to be sure.

the Ph perfect is from AN right? last year at the cannabis cup i talked to one of the employees at the AN booth and told him what i was doing with the yogurt cups. i was trying to get some samples from AN so i could do a side by side but they didn't seem all that interested in helping me for some reason:biggrin:

maybe they didn't understand what i was talking about ...... maybe they did and were thinking something like "yogurt cup ??? WTF is with this guy???? just smile blankly and he'll leave"

you really can't say they were wrong:crazy: what we are doing sounds nuts when you first hear about it, and it only gets worse when you think about it for a minute

i never got to talk to the boss because he was very busy mugging for his own camera crew and beating his drum. i'm not a fan but i think if i would have gotten him to sponsor a round. i don't have anything against AN or their products but the whole P.R. and marketing thing makes my fuckin skin crawl.

Dr.King

Veteran
thanks for the input Doc.

i really don't think it has anything to do with the strain. the strain is white russian and her mom and sisters before her have not acted like she is. they were all grown in MUCH bigger pots in soil and were/are as trouble free as i could ask for. if something is looking rough it's either A)because i've fucked it up OR B)there is only so far you can push in a tiny cup and i have gone too far ....... so refer to A

i'm doing this with samples that i get free from CX nutrients. i stopped checking the Ph a few rounds ago because it seems to stay very stable from what i was reading and the plants seem to like the stuff. i think i'll get a meter out and see if things are good just to be sure.

the Ph perfect is from AN right? last year at the cannabis cup i talked to one of the employees at the AN booth and told him what i was doing with the yogurt cups. i was trying to get some samples from AN so i could do a side by side but they didn't seem all that interested in helping me for some reason

maybe they didn't understand what i was talking about ...... maybe they did and were thinking something like "yogurt cup ??? WTF is with this guy???? just smile blankly and he'll leave"

you really can't say they were wrong:crazy: what we are doing sounds nuts when you first hear about it, and it only gets worse when you think about it for a minute

i never got to talk to the boss because he was very busy mugging for his own camera crew and beating his drum. i'm not a fan but i think if i would have gotten him to sponsor a round. i don't have anything against AN or their products but the whole P.R. and marketing thing makes my fuckin skin crawl.

No doubt man. It does sound crazy when you try and explain it to people. Their eyes kinda blow up or they roll their eyes. I like it either way hehe. My family thinks it's really insane what you can do with so little medium, my dads eyes really popped lol.

Sorry to hear about the AN rep and marketing. I have heard they can have bad service at times. Why I have no clue when their products are top notch. If my product was good selling and top quality I would be doing my best to market it in a friendly way but that's just me. I know if you call their support line they are quite helpful with any questions you may have pertaining to their products. Hope it's better for you in the future if you try them. A guy on Ebay breaks down the big 1 liter bottles and sells them in 250ml or 500ml bottles for the people that may want to try the product first before paying out for a whole liter. He really does have low prices and doesn't make much off of each bottle but I'm sure it adds up. This is how I first tired Advanced Nutrients. Before switching I used Foxfarm one time, bought 1 liter bottles and payed to much. Tired the base 4-6 of AN for like 60 dollars and never looked back.

Update on my Yogi cups for this week. Not much has happened. The BogBubble has still yet to show sex, hoping for the best but looking more like a male everyday. Aces BK x HP and G13s DB looks the best so far. On a side note I am not liking the GTH that was a clone in a rockwool cube. Doesn't have the same wet/dry cycle like the pure coco. Seems like the rockwool drys way faster inside the cup but the coco is still wet. No more cubes for me during yogi's. Best of luck too everyone.

rifCL33.jpg

mK602gp.jpg

DXA35YA.jpg

UDOAW7c.jpg

Ganja_Outlaws

Hi guys !
Forgive my long absence but I was no phone for one week + a telephone line fault .......
Again not much has changed since the last time, i am honest..... the girls seem beautiful, continue to mature ! (next update i try to put some nice pictures of the trichomes !)

Good, i leave a fews pics.......

[Summary :

72rd day from germination, 46th of flowering

Strain : 2 seeds of ak Sugar GoM (grass o matic - Brasilian Sativa x Auto AK)
Sub : bio bizz light mix
Fert : biogrow - biobloom + green sensation
Pots : 1 glass of Estathè 200 ml - 1 container for mozzarella 250 ml]

Apical AK "Estathè" 72 gg

detail apical AK "Estathè"

apical AK "Mozzarella" 72 gg

detail sub-branch

overview

It's all for now,
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]we feel next time for the new updates !
(sorry for my bad english......!!)

Bye !
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
^^^^ nice to see there has been an early frost in Europe:biggrin: looking good over there!

(sorry for my bad english......!!)

:laughing: your english seems pretty fucking good to me Ganja :bow:

i'm pretty sure if i was trying to communicate with you in Italian you would think my keyboard was broken. it probably would be, because i would be banging my head on it in frustration:tiphat:

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Yogurt Cup Grow Contest
Round 7; 2015

6) Harvest must be no more than 20 weeks from today, that's November 9th 2015 . You can enter and finish ANY time between now and and thee 9th of November, but MUST be harvested with finished product pictures and smoke report by November 9th 2015.

Previous Rounds of Yogurt Cup Challenge:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=297150
^^ Voting thread for last round

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=289359
^^ Previous Round (5)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=280941
^^ Round 4

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=270697
^^^^ Round 3

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=257977
^^^ Round 2

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=257266
^^^ Round 2 call for entries

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=249157
^^ Round 1

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=248298
^^^ Round 1 call for entries

Beer cup challenges:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=221169
^^ 2011

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=238858
^^^ 2012

1 sqft challenge:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=108973

Tips & Techniques Thread:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=297850

Just a reminder:tiphat:

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran

warlock x blue moonshine a seedling that autoflowered on me in 8oz cup with about 6oz of soil, just thought ide show her off.

Ganja_Outlaws

^^^^ nice to see there has been an early frost in Europe looking good over there!

your english seems pretty fucking good to me Ganja

i'm pretty sure if i was trying to communicate with you in Italian you would think my keyboard was broken. it probably would be, because i would be banging my head on it in frustration

Hi Ace !! Yes, this year the snow comes early !! :biggrin:

Ahahahahahah ok ok, i believe you, very thanks !! :tiphat:
(yes, true, i believe that the italian is much harder to learn !)

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you, you are great! :bow: And to thank you all for your helpful !!

Good day to all........ Roll up !!!

:wave:

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
you are great

:laughing: thanks Ganja

..... but i think the proper term in this context is Bullshit Lucky followed buy Fucking Stubborn !

i got great advice from someone in one of these contests and read a thread that changed the way i thought about things a little. but the guy who wrote this the thread was GREAT!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=55683

that thread got me running down a rabbit hole and i'm fucking stubborn enough to stay in it. i keep bumping my head on shit but i'm fucking stubborn:tiphat:

project salma might be crazy .... but i'm just crazy enough to keep trying

here she is at 42 days .........

she's doing pretty good. the roots are still draining but its slowing down a little. all i can do is sit and watch what happens. the leaves are yellowing randomly so i don't think she's headed for a crash ....yet. i backing off on all the foliar feeding aside from the Optic 3 part that i will be hitting it with every third day. i'm doing everything i can to just spray the leaves and keep the buds dry and it seems to be working so far. FYI that shit is tedious as hell and even i wouldn't try it on a normal plant but i have low humidity, shitloads of air movement and she needs all the help she can get so i gonna push the foliar as far as i can.

good luck everyone!

brudda trich , you should bust out the Ful Power and try to feed her through the leaves. the nettle, cal phos and epsom sprays all seemed to do good things for me. no need to use chems to get good things done

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
thank you for reassuring me...i'll tell the girls.

they were flipped last friday. i'm unsure whether or not they will last.

the yellowing has accelerated and is approaching the tops. leaves have fallen off and new shoots are stunted and lacking vigor, branching reduced.

i'm about trying new soil mix next round, providing i can overcome the embarrassment.

:whee:

it's got me goin' in circles...

Ganja_Outlaws

thanks Ganja

..... but i think the proper term in this context is Bullshit Lucky followed buy Fucking Stubborn !

i got great advice from someone in one of these contests and read a thread that changed the way i thought about things a little. but the guy who wrote this the thread was GREAT!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=55683

that thread got me running down a rabbit hole and i'm fucking stubborn enough to stay in it. i keep bumping my head on shit but i'm fucking stubborn

project salma might be crazy .... but i'm just crazy enough to keep trying

here she is at 42 days .........

View Image

:laughing: you're funny Ace ! :biggrin:

All of you have a lot more experience than me, i'm a beginner...... and you notice all the difference !! :D (this was what i meant to say .....)
Thanks for sharing, i go immediately to watch this 3d, surely it is interesting ! ;)

:wave:

FaX!

Best Magic Moment!
10º Up, 45° day Bloom

10º Up, 45° day Bloom

Hello everyone, today we are at 45 days in bloom, small lost almost all sunleaf, F2 has a purple color of the leaves.
I think that in two weeks to be ready.

Today would be my last day available to update, correct?

I leave you with a few pictures of last night (44° bloom)

F1
picture.php

Zoom F1
picture.php

F2
picture.php

Zoom F2
picture.php

See U next up!! :wave:

Ganja_Outlaws

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi guys, all good ?
Today is the day of harvest for the AK "Estathè" ! (
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]79rd day)[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
My little helper masked came to help me out, as you see him perform on measurements and on cutting !
The quantity is very poor, i had imagined this, but the quality looks very good !
Perfumes are very inviting, is clearly recognized a smell "lemony", of citrus..... but also some notes of "nutty"...... is really interesting, i can't wait to taste it !

[Summary :

79rd day from germination, 53th of flowering

Strain : 2 seeds of ak Sugar GoM (grass o matic - Brasilian Sativa x Auto AK)
Sub : bio bizz light mix
Fert : biogrow - biobloom + green sensation
Pots : 1 glass of Estathè 200 ml - 1 container for mozzarella 250 ml]

Few pics

measurement

roots

the cut !

weighing

and the situation in the temporary A/F box

It's all for now, see you next update !

Bye !
[/FONT]

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
well if she makes it the whole 9 weeks it's gonna get ugly by the time it's over.

here she is at 7 weeks .......

she's yellowing fast so i'm thinking she is getting to the point where she don't wanna play no mo :cry:

i'm going to stop the foliars and i'm going to keep feeding her for a few days and see how she acts, but it looks like i'll probably start flushing some time this week

looks like project salma is going to crash and burn again but at least it's happening in turn 4 this time:whee:

back to the drawing board ..... again:blackeye::crazy:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
wait!
Salma looks a damn site better than my girls!
still that is alot of vegetable matter for that tiny rootball to support.
i better snap some pics today.

:smoke out:

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
well if she makes it the whole 9 weeks it's gonna get ugly by the time it's over.

here she is at 7 weeks .......

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62047&pictureid=1504398&]View Image[/url]

she's yellowing fast so i'm thinking she is getting to the point where she don't wanna play no mo :cry:

i'm going to stop the foliars and i'm going to keep feeding her for a few days and see how she acts, but it looks like i'll probably start flushing some time this week

looks like project salma is going to crash and burn again but at least it's happening in turn 4 this time:whee:

back to the drawing board ..... again:blackeye::crazy:

Very nice great job with such a small space.so who won the last challenge?and what are the judges looking for yield? Exotic over all nice plant? Cause yours is a beast

Status
Not open for further replies.