What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

YOGURT CUP CHALLENGE SUMMER/FALL 2015

YOGURT CUP CHALLENGE SUMMER/FALL 2015

• Twist

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Fax!

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Bugman52

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Jah Nice

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • trichrider

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Ganja Outlaws

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Dirk907

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slurm

Looking good everyone. Glad to see some new comers :).

Trichrider this is just my opinion. Last round I quickly found out that for some odd reason growing in these smaller cups you need more cal-mag. Last round if you go through my album you will notice the change from week 3 to week 4 in the yellowing of leaves. I then doubled my Cal-mag like it said on the back for a accelerated dose (10ml instead of 5ml) and could clearly tell a big difference. Within that one week all of the yellowing was gone and she was growing a lot better there after. I used the accelerated dose all the way thru I believe. Happy growing and good luck.

Thank you. This helps me out, the Crocketts is yellowin a bit & was sensitive to how it was hanging. Now all my babies are on the floor & will have pic up soon. Iv been real lazy sorry! The shoreline & vortex are not yellowing (yet, & hope I didn't curse them lol) good luck to all :D

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Looking good everyone. Glad to see some new comers :).

Trichrider this is just my opinion. Last round I quickly found out that for some odd reason growing in these smaller cups you need more cal-mag. Last round if you go through my album you will notice the change from week 3 to week 4 in the yellowing of leaves. I then doubled my Cal-mag like it said on the back for a accelerated dose (10ml instead of 5ml) and could clearly tell a big difference. Within that one week all of the yellowing was gone and she was growing a lot better there after. I used the accelerated dose all the way thru I believe. Happy growing and good luck.
thank you my brother from another mother...doubling down today.
i'm just so stingy with any feeding in my big pots...that the yellowing seemed natural...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=36033&pictureid=892426

FaX!

Best Magic Moment!
7° Up

7° Up

guys, I did LST on one of the two, because it has reached 3 cm from the lamp! We hope they stop !!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

Dr.King

Veteran
Dr. King, that's interesting about the cal-mag. Any idea why that is?

I would have to guess the reason is the amount of soil being used. Again this is just my opinion but I don't think the cannabis plant likes being in such a little amount of soil. I know when I doubled the cal-mag she really took off and stayed green the entire time all the way down.

Here's last round beginning of week 2.

gSFhKpj.jpg

Dave Coulier

Veteran
thank you my brother from another mother...doubling down today.
i'm just so stingy with any feeding in my big pots...that the yellowing seemed natural...

Dr. King has given you some good advice already Trichrider, but you really really must feed far more often in these small containers than you realize. They will deplete the soil solution of nutrients very quickly with such small root volume.

In 3 gallon containers I have Pure Sativas that will deplete the soil solution of 800+PPM within 2 day time spans during flowering, so you better believe if I had them in tiny containers that the nutrient solution would bottom out even quicker leading to the yellowing and stunted growth you've experienced.

Fertigate your yogi plants and the plant will grow like crazy for you just like Dr. King's I bet.

Ganja_Outlaws

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi guys, all good ?
Small update from the cave, the girls continue to grow well..... more and more "undercoat" in sight !! ahahahahahah
My little helper is come back from the holiday, to work immediately !!
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Watered with a small dose of fert.[/FONT]

[Summary :

31rd day from germination, 5th from switch

Strain : 2 seeds of ak Sugar GoM (grass o matic - Brasilian Sativa x Auto AK)
Sub : bio bizz light mix
Fert : biogrow - biobloom + green sensation
Pots : 1 glass of Estathè 200 ml - 1 container for mozzarella 250 ml]

Ak Estathè

AK Mozzarella

overview

overview double box

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We feel next time for the new updates, [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]good mid-August !
wave.gif

(SMOKE WEED !!!!)
[/FONT]

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
you may be right Dave. i'm sooo stingy when it comes to nutrient offerings. even blamed the yellow in the last challenge to over-application of solution.
i'll re-evaluate my supposed understanding of nutrient uptake.
that's why there are three, so i can experiment and not lose sleep.

thanks for the tips.

J

jamesb35

hello , today is a bad day because a rat entered the warehouse to conduct air and ate plants germinated !!!!

you can start ???? or there are rules that prohibit ????

ps :

for mè no problem at most participate one more time... :)

Goodbye and good yogurt cup at all ...
:tiphat:

Slurm

I know iv missed out on pictures ! IV been busy getting a new living situation settled for my next few months as im going back to culinary school.

The vortex & Crocketts are female !! & shoreline is replanted naturally outside to hopefully breed the two with :) depending if I have to move; the plants will come with but may die in the process. Hope I am not out of this contest though :) even if so I'll still update as never grown in a yogi & loving it ! Everyone's is looking good, can't wait to see all finished product!

Dirk907

Down to two entries for this contest. One of the Berry Bomb's got transplanted (btw - red bull cans do not seem to work well as seed starters if planning a transplant. Make sure the medium is nice and dry before trying to slide the plug out. I got impatient and ripped the root ball in half.... Or punch a hole in the bottom big enough for your finger to push the plug out. Lessons learned...). One of the bag seed seedlings got a bottle of nutes dropped on it....

picture.php

Here are the two contestants:

picture.php

picture.php

Dr.King

Veteran
Looking good everyone, keep up the good work. Weekly update on my yogi cups. All are continually growing. The BogBubble and GTH #1 are still under the T-5 in my clone tent will move under my 400 tomorrow. Both the Bubba Hash x Hash Plant and Double Black have been under the 400 system for 2 days now and loving it. Had to start using full strength nuts on them today as they are showing defics atm. Running most of Advanced Nutrients line up with added Cal-Mag. Good luck to the others.

CHKpgB8.jpg

Think the BogBubble is already out of the running for this contest as it is staying so small and tiny. It will grow but it will take its good oh time which I am fine with. The GTH #1 is growing nicely and rooted very easily in the cup compared to a straight clone into pure coco.

IjnfMcQ.jpg

Last edited:

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
she wilted just a little for about 20 hours after i cut her loose but i started seeing new growth pretty fast. i'm still fuckin' amazed that so few roots can support her but i'm OK with it.

2 days in the ICU, 3 days next to a 400 and now she's been parked in front of 1000 watts in the 5th day of 12/12. she's about as tall as she is wide at about 21" / 53 cm

doing some of the same old shit this time ..... drain to waste on the micro cycle timers with pure coco and using the CX nutrients line up again.

smoked a whole lot of weed and came up with something that i think might keep her from getting root bound and might prove to me that i smoke way too much weed sometimes ....... we'll see

i put a lot more and a lot bigger holes in the cup (goruda taught/showed me last round not to worry so much about light on the roots. thank you sir!) hoping that will help, and added some big holes in the bottom

the big hole in the center is covered with a slab 3/16" or 4mm thick slab of lump charcoal that i cut on a tile saw and the 4 smaller holes are filled with chunks of lava rock that runs from the surface of the media straight to the bottom of the cup cut on the same saw (they look like lava french fries). i also put some big chunks of growstone recycled glass media on the bottom. i was looking for something porous that the roots wont be able to crush and choke off before harvest so even if she gets root bound she can still get air and water . i figure if i can make that happen i can get that QP with no problem :biggrin: or i'll have a complete and absolute disaster and go back to the drawing board and pack several more bowls ...... again.

this round she will be getting some nettle FPE foliars and some home made cal-phos foliar for as long as possible in flower. i'll stop when i start worrying about mold.

so that's the plan this round. now i just have to make it another 8 -9 weeks:watchplant:

tick tock

good luck everyone!

Ganja_Outlaws

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi guys !
It's time to update..... the girls grow, i'm trying to be "bottom" as possible with ferts, but a little something did I have to give.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I wanted to make a couple of pictures with natural light, so they can see better ! And photographed both apical.

[Summary :

37rd day from germination, 11th from switch

Strain : 2 seeds of ak Sugar GoM (grass o matic - Brasilian Sativa x Auto AK)
Sub : bio bizz light mix
Fert : biogrow - biobloom + green sensation
Pots : 1 glass of Estathè 200 ml - 1 container for mozzarella 250 ml]

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We feel next time for the new updates, good day to all !

:wave:
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.