What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

YOGURT CUP CHALLENGE SUMMER/FALL 2015

YOGURT CUP CHALLENGE SUMMER/FALL 2015

• Twist

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Fax!

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Bugman52

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Jah Nice

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • trichrider

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Ganja Outlaws

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Dirk907

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamesb35

I'm not a great photographer and the light is not good for photos !!!

the plant is healthy !!
:)

:wave::smoke:

Attachments

• IMG_5061.JPG
    IMG_5061.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5062.JPG
    IMG_5062.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5063.jpg
    IMG_5063.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5067.JPG
    IMG_5067.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 15
J

jamesb35

I still have the tray full of molasses and epithelium ...
for a while I can go to water ...ahahaha:laughing:

goodbye!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tiphat::friends:

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
good to see this thread rolling again!

my clone has roots but air layering took longer than i thought it would (mostly because i fucked up and wasn't paying enough attention) and one worked. she's way bigger than i wanted but she's what i have to work with ....... here we go again

still hooked to mom

i've been cutting through the stem a little more day by day. the volume she drinks from the rapid rooter has gone up a LOT in 72 hours so i know the roots are doing what roots do

i'm just wondering if there are enough roots to do what they need to ....... but it's a little late to turn back now

i pruned her, bent her over, chained her to the rack, turned the hose on her and got her to intensive care ....... now i guess i'll see what happens

the I.C.U ..... or a big fuckin' humidity dome

she's getting some rest in the I.C.U. now ....... never had a clone even close to this size before so this should be interesting. a friend who has air layered other things before says it will be just fine. i hope so.

as soon as she gets out of the dome and on her feet she'll hit the 12/12

J

jamesb35

good to see this thread rolling again!

my clone has roots but air layering took longer than i thought it would (mostly because i fucked up and wasn't paying enough attention) and one worked. she's way bigger than i wanted but she's what i have to work with ....... here we go again

still hooked to mom
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62047&pictureid=1479810&"]View Image[/URL]

i've been cutting through the stem a little more day by day. the volume she drinks from the rapid rooter has gone up a LOT in 72 hours so i know the roots are doing what roots do
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62047&pictureid=1479811&"]View Image[/URL]

i'm just wondering if there are enough roots to do what they need to ....... but it's a little late to turn back now
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62047&pictureid=1479813&"]View Image[/URL]

i pruned her, bent her over, chained her to the rack, turned the hose on her and got her to intensive care ....... now i guess i'll see what happens
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62047&pictureid=1479815&"]View Image[/URL]

the I.C.U ..... or a big fuckin' humidity dome
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62047&pictureid=1479808&"]View Image[/URL]

she's getting some rest in the I.C.U. now ....... never had a clone even close to this size before so this should be interesting. a friend who has air layered other things before says it will be just fine. i hope so.

as soon as she gets out of the dome and on her feet she'll hit the 12/12

ummm ... it does not seem very fair to clone or layering big to pot small ...
it would be fairer to small clone be sporty !!!

however I believe that the concept of yogurt cup is not this and it is very simple to make great plants as she did ... hahaha

ps :

for mè no particular problems but it seemed appropriate to!!!

Dr.King

Veteran
Great job Eighths-n-Aces, was hoping you'd join in. Like the thinking you put into your yogi cups. Big ups man. Roots will develop fast in flowering too no doubt. Only thing I will say is that it looks like that stem is pretty big which didn't leave much room for coco I see. She looks to be about 36 inches or so tall maybe 40 something I would guess? Results should be great man.

I am fine with everything that Eighths-n-Aces did. I don't believe he/she broke any rules. Miles? Good job everyone else, keep up the good work.

Weekly update on my yogi cups. Chemdog still looking bad but after 4 days on the heating mat with misting daily she is starting to grow. Will not be able to get the veg time off of her to really matter so she is basically done lol. BogBubble seeds have very hard shells so after they popped out it took 3 days for me to get the shells off without damage. A day later BogBubble 2 dampered off, why I don't know. I popped 6 seeds total and this was the only one to damper. I have her propped up but I have only had 1 out of 16 seeds which dampered to come back and make it.

Added one already rooted rockwool cube into a yogi cup today to replace the other two. The new one is a clone from my Ghost Train Haze #1 from Rare Darkness. We shall see how she does. None of mine are fast veggers which suck. T minus 3 months.

iE8fGci.jpg

AN1CIXq.jpg

Finished GHT # 1 keeper right before chop.

NtdcUig.jpg

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
ummm ... it does not seem very fair to clone or layering big to pot small ...
it would be fairer to small clone be sporty !!!

however I believe that the concept of yogurt cup is not this and it is very simple to make great plants as she did ... hahaha

ps :

for mè no particular problems but it seemed appropriate to!!!

:biggrin: i think you might find out that finishing this game is not as simple as taking a big clone.

FWIW i've already broken a rule by not posting every 3 weeks so i'm not in the running for the prizes. i'm just trying to do some crazy shit with a plant and a yogurt cup and enjoy the company of (most) like minded people

good luck to everyone still in the game!

fair enough?

J

jamesb35

:biggrin: i think you might find out that finishing this game is not as simple as taking a big clone.

FWIW i've already broken a rule by not posting every 3 weeks so i'm not in the running for the prizes. i'm just trying to do some crazy shit with a plant and a yogurt cup and enjoy the company of (most) like minded people

good luck to everyone still in the game!

fair enough?

hello , as I said to mè no problem !!!!:):huggg:
I'd like to share that because you used your head and you see that you're a good grower although it did not seem very fair to the other guys that we put in a small pot more time to grow them and they will have problems root !!! ! :)

ps :
saprophytes to work with dead roots , always rooting for encouraging the emergence of new roots and enzymes will make beautiful seedlings anyway !!!

(it's a bit like treating - care bonsai .. )

FaX!

Best Magic Moment!
6º Up, 18 day after switch in bloom

6º Up, 18 day after switch in bloom

Hello guys!
The plants have become high, still no preflower.
:wave: See u next up!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

Ganja_Outlaws

Hi guys, small update from the cave..... yesterday i set up a 3rd box, i moved the girls in bloom (under a lamp cfl 125 w bloom spectrum) and i watered with a "few drops" of fert...... ;)

Tomorrow my little helper returns from vacation ! :biggrin:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We feel next time for the new updates, [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]good Sunday ! :wave:

(ROLL UP !!)

Slurm

Mini update, just went to clean up garden a bit & checked on the little guys; well unknown & 1 woman!! The Crocketts showed sex. Stoked to have one female in the game. waiting on the shoreline to sex next! The vortex is far behind. pictures to come soon! I'm also enjoying the shorelines history, first time ever hearing about it when I got the seeds at chalice 2015 from Devils harvest. The node gap is so short:)

HatchBrew

Veteran
Looking awesome all!

Unfortunately I am going to formerly and officially withdraw my entry.

Still watching and enjoying everyone's work.

Eight n aces nice work on the air layering!

Twist

I think I'd like to throw my my hat in the ring. I haven't posted in years and this intrigues me. I will post pictures soon.

Thanks

Twist

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think I'd like to throw my my hat in the ring. I haven't posted in years and this intrigues me. I will post pictures soon.

Thanks

Twist

bringing the lurkers out.... sweet. welcome twist!
one of my yogi cup plants made it thru transplant, the twista is IN, pics coming asap, im IN!

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran

haven't been able to eliminate the yellowing on bottom leaves.
beginning to think it wasn't pyrethrin burn. tops are healthy and they seem happy but i'm getting nodes 1/2"- 3/4" apart under the t5s.

wasn't really wanting another bonsai, so i'm thinking of moving them under 400mh to start stretch.

any rate they look better than my last attempt.

:smoke out:

Twist

This is Whiteberry from paradise seeds. I need to clone a new nebula for my second entry.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 14

Dr.King

Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58712&pictureid=1481427&1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58712&pictureid=1481426&1]View Image[/url]

haven't been able to eliminate the yellowing on bottom leaves.
beginning to think it wasn't pyrethrin burn. tops are healthy and they seem happy but i'm getting nodes 1/2"- 3/4" apart under the t5s.

wasn't really wanting another bonsai, so i'm thinking of moving them under 400mh to start stretch.

any rate they look better than my last attempt.

:smoke out:

Looking good everyone. Glad to see some new comers :).

Trichrider this is just my opinion. Last round I quickly found out that for some odd reason growing in these smaller cups you need more cal-mag. Last round if you go through my album you will notice the change from week 3 to week 4 in the yellowing of leaves. I then doubled my Cal-mag like it said on the back for a accelerated dose (10ml instead of 5ml) and could clearly tell a big difference. Within that one week all of the yellowing was gone and she was growing a lot better there after. I used the accelerated dose all the way thru I believe. Happy growing and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts