What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

YOGURT CUP CHALLENGE SUMMER/FALL 2015

YOGURT CUP CHALLENGE SUMMER/FALL 2015

• Twist

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Fax!

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Bugman52

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Jah Nice

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • trichrider

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Ganja Outlaws

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Dirk907

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FaX!

Best Magic Moment!
11° Up, 52° Day bloom + 2 day of darkness

11° Up, 52° Day bloom + 2 day of darkness

Well we arrived at the end of this little adventure, the 54th day I cut the two small yoghy cup!
Of course I took photos of the lump of earth that does not amaze me just for nothing ... I went under the best ...

F1 roots

picture.php

F2 roots

picture.php

This is the final harvest would say just cut to discrete sizes. (Not dry)

F1

picture.php

F2

picture.php

And close-up of the entire harvest of the two plants

picture.php

See U next Up

Last edited:

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
that is odd, it looks like the algae permeated the stem in the side slice picture and is inside the plant.

i did not know algae did that

i don't think algae gets inside the plant. IME it'll grow on the outside of the stem where things stay wet enough to keep it alive and i was feeding every 45-50 minutes at the end so it stayed pretty wet.

i think the brown you see in the stem are just one of the the signs of the plant crashing and burning in general

heres a pic another pic of the stem from this round .....

and a couple from the last round where i hit the wall in turn 3 instead of turn 4 ......

there wasn't much green gunk growing on the media last round so i'm 99.8% sure algae wasn't what killed the girls. i think it was a lack of drainage and the algae was just a sign/side effect of that. the rot starts in the root ball once you can get anything through it and starts working it's way though the system.

i think:dunno:

Twist

i don't think algae gets inside the plant. IME it'll grow on the outside of the stem where things stay wet enough to keep it alive and i was feeding every 45-50 minutes at the end so it stayed pretty wet.

i think the brown you see in the stem are just one of the the signs of the plant crashing and burning in general

heres a pic another pic of the stem from this round .....

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62047&pictureid=1508533&]View Image[/url]

and a couple from the last round where i hit the wall in turn 3 instead of turn 4 ......

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58654&pictureid=1417282&]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58654&pictureid=1417284&]View Image[/url]

there wasn't much green gunk growing on the media last round so i'm 99.8% sure algae wasn't what killed the girls. i think it was a lack of drainage and the algae was just a sign/side effect of that. the rot starts in the root ball once you can get anything through it and starts working it's way though the system.

i think:dunno:

very nice. well done
Twist

Ganja_Outlaws

Hi guys, it's time to S.R. ! :D

Smoke Report :

1) TYPE OF WEED UNDER REVIEW :
Autoflowering

2) BREEDER :

Grass o matic - Ak Sugar Gom
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Brasilian Sativa x Auto AK)[/FONT][/FONT]

3) CROSS :

/

4) FENO :
/

5) INFO ON THE CULTIVATION :
Indoor
[/FONT]Topsoil (sub - bio bizz light mix)
18/6 from seed
CFL 250 w grow - CFL 125 w bloom

6) PICTURE OF THE WEED UNDER REVIEW :

7) METHOD :

Smoking Gold + 1/3 di tobacco Marlboro with classic filter of cardboard

8) SMELL :

Tending to the lemon, still fruity...... when it crumbles, it will smell of lemon "acid" with autumn notes........ very inviting !

9) TASTE :
It has a strange taste good but ...... does not reflect much of the odor, in smoked feel more notes "Autumn" (like hazelnut) .......
but one thing important to me is the "smell" of "passive smoking" .... if the weed is good, even the "smoke that releases" should be...... and it is them who feel again the fragrance of lemon... good and pleasant, fills the room with a great smell.

10) High/Stone - Mix :
Head wrapped completely but without heaviness....... not asleep, makes you active, laughter is guaranteed and the effect lasts quite.......
High effect !

11)
GENERAL CONCLUSIONS :
Good genetics to grow and consume.... no problems and is good....

Recommended !

12) VOTE :
8,5 (although I find it a bit '"strange" vote myself..... but it is plausible !)

It's all for now...... i stay in the area to continue to see your beautiful works !
In the future i will be happy to again have the opportunity to participate and have the opportunity to confront growers good as all of you ! :tiphat:
(sorry for the various errors of writing)

Good day to all !

:wave:

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
well it aint exactly pretty

but there's a lot of it

still got a long way to go before i hit that QP i dream about but i think i learned a couple things this round. time to go back to the drawing board :wallbash:

^I'd smoke it!

Still got over 2 ounces dry which is very impressure in my opinion.

What strain is that? (Sorry if it has been mentioned already)

Maybe a higher producing strain could hit the QP mark you hope for...

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
well done yogi maggers!
2 of mine are still living. started flower too late, as well as the other issues.
here are some pics of my remaining challenges. try not to weep...

i've been neglecting them while i built a new room...just got disgusted of aggravation from the zippers failing, light leaks, and insects.

these won't be finished till after the deadline and i didn't faithfully post updates, but i'm still here examining alternatives and making mental notes.

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
thanks for the reminder of the finish line date.
i guess i should be taking them down in the next days if i want to make my summer balcony project into the contest.

here are some photos from today.....

yogi 1 looks amazing and yogi 2 never really took off,
but i love them both.:biggrin:

earthwyrms

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62047&pictureid=1508539

just to be sure, i meant this picture. if you zoom in and use ctrl + until you get to the uppermost left stem. it looks like the dark green stuff made its way into the inside edges. i know it could be dragged in from cutting but it looks like it is on both sides. i guess it is p0obably only the actual stem coloring. its hard to tell from here

but besides that, paul stamet's company fungi perfecti, sells myccorhiza with bacteria, trichoderma and nutrients in micronized form, called microgrow. it seems that it will help prevent root rot.

an idea: what if some sort of material or lattice is put in the cup with the soil and ate the plant has root bounded too much, the cup is squeezed/squashed from the sides, crunching the lattice and loosening up and tearing/trimming the roots that grew in and around it? then maybe it will reinvigorate them even though it would maybe have to heal somewhat. worst case may be it starves it out and it does something to harvest in a good way. only ha the cup could be done this way also. i was thinking of scoria or pumice maybe, something sharp and abrasive. also, kind of unrelated, has anyone tried polymer balls at the bottom of the cups?

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62047&pictureid=1508539

just to be sure, i meant this picture. if you zoom in and use ctrl + until you get to the uppermost left stem. it looks like the dark green stuff made its way into the inside edges. i know it could be dragged in from cutting but it looks like it is on both sides. i guess it is p0obably only the actual stem coloring. its hard to tell from here

but besides that, paul stamet's company fungi perfecti, sells myccorhiza with bacteria, trichoderma and nutrients in micronized form, called microgrow. it seems that it will help prevent root rot.

an idea: what if some sort of material or lattice is put in the cup with the soil and ate the plant has root bounded too much, the cup is squeezed/squashed from the sides, crunching the lattice and loosening up and tearing/trimming the roots that grew in and around it? then maybe it will reinvigorate them even though it would maybe have to heal somewhat. worst case may be it starves it out and it does something to harvest in a good way. only ha the cup could be done this way also. i was thinking of scoria or pumice maybe, something sharp and abrasive. also, kind of unrelated, has anyone tried polymer balls at the bottom of the cups?

now i see what you were saying but i couldn't figure out how to zoom on the pic. i re-cropped the pics just in case there are more people out there that are as computer retarded as me. that's not likely but you never know right?

i THINK that what you see is from the bread knife i used to saw through the root ball transferring the slime at the top onto/into the stem when i was cutting it. TBH i can't be 100% sure because i wasn't really paying close attention to it, but i will next time

so far i've tried to avoid any adding biologicals/micro life to the roots. i've been doing exactly what CX nutrients says to do with their products (even though i think tweeking some things might help). from what i think i understand the Regen-a-Root works a lot like Dutch Masters Zone and that stuff is supposed to be real hard on the microherd. in my case i think i'd be killing my little helpers just as fast as i could add them, but that doesn't mean they don't help in other situations

i think you're right about adding materials to the root ball to keep the roots from choking themselves out. this round i added some lava rocks and charcoal slab the cups and it seems like it changed the way the roots acted. or at least they didn't start circling the cup

they aren't pretty but they didn't circle the cup until they choked on themselves, which is what i have had problems with in the past.

at first this looks great ......

until it looks like this about 10 days later ......

i THINK that if i had cut the lava rock "french fries" long enough that the roots couldn't cover the top of them and slow things down the cup would have kept draining well and the algae never would have had a chance to plug up the works but thats just a stoner guess.

it might have been different if the lava rock was just a little taller but i gotta wait till next round to find out.

i never thought that a fucking yogurt cup could be frustrating ...... but i never spent this much time thinking about a yogurt cup before. now

Dr.King

Veteran
i THINK that what you see is from the bread knife i used to saw through the root ball transferring the slime at the top onto/into the stem when i was cutting it. TBH i can't be 100% sure because i wasn't really paying close attention to it, but i will next time

so far i've tried to avoid any adding biologicals/micro life to the roots. i've been doing exactly what CX nutrients says to do with their products (even though i think tweeking some things might help). from what i think i understand the Regen-a-Root works a lot like Dutch Masters Zone and that stuff is supposed to be real hard on the microherd. in my case i think i'd be killing my little helpers just as fast as i could add them, but that doesn't mean they don't help in other situations

i never thought that a fucking yogurt cup could be frustrating ...... but i never spent this much time thinking about a yogurt cup before. now

In my opinion but this is just me it seems like the nutrients. Microbes in soil are very important and really do help with overall plant growth. Since these cups are so small the microbes help even more because the roots become bound and require more uptake. Advanced Nutrients customer support says their Voodoo Juice can be used throughout most of flowering to help keep the roots nice and clean. Just some friendly advice :tiphat:.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I am in for the next round of this contest. :) got all the supplies ready to go. I only hope whatever seeds sprout end up growing healthy and female. don't car how much I get. although hope its more than 2 grams of dried flowers.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
no secrets in the grow methods

it's a DTW drip system that runs on a timer and i've been using the CX nutrient line.

but these tiny cups are a motherf*****r to grow in! i think the secret is not giving up and/or being a little crazy

earthwyrms

i just read through a thread
https://www.*********.com/community...ng-just-realized-ive-been-using-poison.31634/
where on post #18, Seamaiden, writes "Ha! I've been doing an experiment to help me with this. I've got four sets of clones--Cap's bennies, Roots Oregonism, Down to Earth (these are all bennies), rooting hormone (I have Greenlight on hand), and a control group using nothing. So far the DTE clones have died off. Cap's clones are growing best, then the RO and control clones look the same. Media was Gardener & Bloome Eden Valley Blend potting soil."

so i checked out this caps bennies and found it is sold here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230761890387

from this seller (the link above has cheaper prices for 8ounces for some reason)
http://www.ebay.com/usr/draphwest?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

and his page has instructions linked on a .pdf after a brief bit
http://ogbiowar.com/tea-recipe/

the ingredients are visible under the item and brought up to view by right clicking and viewing. it has stuff microgrow doesn't (not more fungi though) and can be brewed so it seems that even if the nutes kill it, the tea just keeps binging on more organisms. the person's post about he clones got me interested and after seeing all these things (i think all bacteria) that i haven't seen before, on the labels, i got really exited and remembered seeing this video from a guy who grows food in alaska who uses compost tea and gets super vegetables. i am now exited to make a micro tea bubbler :D.
this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gh0LJncE9k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts