What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yogurt Cup Grow Contest Voting Thread

Yogurt Cup Grow Contest Voting Thread

• Bugman

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Wildgrow

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Eighths & Aces

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • Waldgeist

Votes: 26 29.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Wow, Just WOW.

Now to do that 50 times..... all at once.

Do you have to water every hour on the hour to get even close to those results?

Speaking for myself, 3x/day and left to sit in a very shallow puddle each time by the end.

Voting :D

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran

yoplait greek "5.3 oz (150g)"
149.9 grams of yogurt in a 245 ml cup

yoplait "6 oz (170g)"
169.7 grams of yogurt in a 200ml cup

Betterhaff

Veteran
Lol, I’m glad it’s not a potato chip bag contest. With some of those you get 8 oz. in a bag big enough for 16.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
looks that way wild! and it took a couple years to figure it out:nono:

but i heard that most of the organizers and contestants smoke marijuana:biggrin:

fuckin' stoners maaaan! :ying:

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
what does the packaging look like in germany Wald? is there as much air/empty space as there is in what we're seeing everywhere else?

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
question for everybody/anybody ........

is 1ml water always 1 gram? would things like temperature or water quality change the math enough so that we couldn't use a scale to measure the size of any container anywhere accurately enough?

chances are everybody who is interested in this game has a scale right ?

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
Weigh 5 mls then 10 mls. Or, not on the moon.

:laughing: probably not on the :moon:

i aint no scientist so i don't know if i understand what i'm reading sometimes. does this ...... http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/water-thermal-properties-d_162.html ..... say that water doesn't change a whole lot in the temperature range your average stoner would be using it to figure out the volume of a yogurt cup

i aint no mathematician either but wouldn't we be able to measure any container regardless of shape and be accurate to about 1ml using water and a scale?

naturally these questions only apply to earthbound gardeners

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
1 ml of water should weight about the same for our needs. It really varies due to mineral content, but not enaugh to matter for us.

Tested it now: 100 ml of my tap water is 100.58 gr.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
1 ml of water should weight about the same for our needs. It really varies due to mineral content, but not enaugh to matter for us.

that is what i was thinking too. question is does everybody else agree

Avi,Wald,wild,bugman,anybody ? is there any reason using a scale and tap water won't work? or is there an easier way that would work for everybody?

i'll testify to the fact that none of these measure the same as each other! trying to figure out which one was right before i measured any more yogurt cups is what made me think of using a scale. turns out none of them are right :wallbash:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Well, if you get around a gr per ml, they must be good enaugh for our needs. I may suggest using a medical syringe if you want to do it "lab style". I use a syringe for the fine measurement. Like if a recipient is 220, I take 200 ml out in a measuring cup, and do the rest by syringe. My measuring cups are accurate to 1% from what I have seen till now. Close enaugh for me. The angle you look at the level line could also change the quantity a bit, but getting under 1 gr deviation when measuring 100 ml shows me I using them the right way. :)

My second cup measurement:
(Not a yogurt but I got it in the same refrigerated display as the yogurts..)

ZATT "Liegeois" - 175 gr.

Total package weight: 184 gr.
Lid weight: 0,42 gr.
Cup weight: 5,92 gr.
Yogurt weight: 177,66 gr.
Yogurt fill %: approx. 75% (3/4)
Cup volume (to the brim): 250 ml

Will probably use this cup type, as I need a taller container to avoid them sitting in too much water, as I will water from below. Too bad they are transparent, but I'll find a way to fix that.

Random thought : I wonder if we'll soon have visitors from google coming to this thread after searching for yogurt informations. :muahaha:

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I forgot to add.. you can weight the water inside containers that already have holes into the bottom. just use a flexible bag and insert it in good contact with all the container corners and down to the margins of it. then fill with water. :)

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shit
good info & effort E&A and explosiv

1mL of water should have 1 g of mass, right? (yes that's right)
like E&A just pointed out, the hard part is getting a good measurement on such small amounts of water...
and honestly I'm less interested in the EXACT volume of each contestants container and more interested in truthful depiction and documentation of the actual container being used.
Explosiv has suggested that we simply put a 250 mL limit on all containers, thus all yogurt cups could be allowed.

ALSO
i've started a new thread in the micro grow subforum (under grow diaries) about tips, tricks, and techniques for using in the yogurt cup challenge. This information we gain from these friendly challenges and competitions has immense value especially to micro growers.

I strongly urge E&A, wildgrow, waldgeist, bugman, and ANYONE else to share info there about these contests, challenges, or growing in small media in general... i look at this new thread in micro grow section as a connection between rounds of yogi cup challenges, people participating in the 1sq ft. challenge, and ALL growers in small media for whatever reason.

Here is a link to the new Yogi cup tips & technique thread:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=6699649#post6699649

BTW; it was joeguy who made his own lil smart pot from red felt, and slid it down into his yogi cup to be within the rules:
attachment.php

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya'll think you're pretty special with your over sized pots

New Beer cup? :D
Lil_Reds_Photo_2_1024x1024.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.