What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vote for the Newbie Summer Bud Contest!

Vote for the Newbie Summer Bud Contest!

• AlbertMarkovski

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NYUrbanFarmer

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Kalyx

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Firebrand

• hicksticky

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Dank Assassin

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • MHBGuy

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • ssq.talker

• NoSocSlic

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Canabuz

• Total voters

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
It's time to vote for t he Summer Bud Contest winner!

Read the thread where folks declare themselves entrants in the competition:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=287801

Check out the entrants listed below who completed their grow reports and diaries, and vote in the poll listed above!

At the end of this month we will announce the winners and get them their prizes!

The rules:

Any NEW grower that chronicles his grow of a particular strain with a detailed Grow Diary and posts a detailed Grow Report by September 30th will eligible for consideration as Summer Bud Contest winner.

Here are the contestants with links to their threads and reports.

Last edited:

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
Kalyx and Firebrand's first links are not working...

Thanks for taking the time to organize this contest (everyone involved). Thanks to Payaso for creating the voting thread with so many links. I know this type of work can be annoying.

Big respect to all involved and good luck to all the competitors! Some really wicked looking work. :greenstars:

N

NoSocSlic

I agree. Thank you Payaso for putting all of this together. It was evident that there were frustrations. The newbies appreciate it!

Payaso

Veteran
Well, I checked the links again and hope they keep working!

Funny thing how links change when copying and pasting... must be me :)

Thank you everyone who took the time and made the effort to complete this contest!

Happy Growing!

Kalyx

As has already been mentioned big ups to Payaso and everyone else involved in organizing this competition and all the work put into it.

Thanks and good luck to all the contestants some great grows and work by everyone! :tiphat:

MHBGuy

Getting people to vote is tougher than it seems. :deadhorse

Maybe we should start going easier on politicians.

Nah, fuck that!

hicksticky

Still at large...
Yes, big thank you to all involved in making this happen.
I like many others have learned volumes of knowledge and met new friends during this contest. So with just that we all walk away with rewards. :groupwave:

Good luck and karma to all, Hicksticky

N

NoSocSlic

Seems like this one could be called over anytime. Congrats to Kalyx for growing the dankest nugs of all. Good job!

MHBGuy

Just checking in, been a while since anyone has posted in here.

Curious if a status update on this contest is still in the works?

Any info appreciated.

Raziel819

Hopefully its still open because I still voted....hahaha

ps to bad they don't have a 2nd place prize..

Last edited:

grazerd

Yeah... I voted before I read through the earlier posts calling for the voting to end. Not that my vote made a difference for anyone.

MHBGuy

Yeah... I voted before I read through the earlier posts calling for the voting to end. Not that my vote made a difference for anyone.

Those weren't official, grazerd. Just commenting that Kalyx's fine work had put 1st place out of reach :tiphat:

Payaso

Veteran
Well, I let this vote go on a bit longer than usual, hoping for more voters...

And now the results are clear! :woohoo:

Kalyx 1st Place!

MHBguy 2nd Place!

hicksticky 3rd Place!

Thanks to all the participants, you put a lot of work into these grows and it's time for you to contact OldPink and claim your prizes!!!

Many thanks to the contest supporters, SeedBay (OldPink and Clarence :) - BushyOldGrower BOG Seeds :) and MedMan Seeds :)

Happy growing to all!

S

sourpuss

Congrats Kalyx! What are the prizes? Not sure if they were ever listed.... bog and med seeds I assume.

MHBGuy

Woohoo indeed!

Thanks to all the people who worked hard putting the contest together, especially Payaso and NYUrban Farmer for answering a lot of questions over and over and over and over again! LOL!

And a incredibly big thank you to the prize donors Seedbay, BogSeeds and MedMan Seeds. Prizes from those guys are bound to be awesome. Been drooling over their sites for a while.

Congratulations to Hicksticky for some fine work with that White Rhino, know I would enjoy giving it a taste. :tiphat:

And a big congratulations to Kalyx, that Goji OG looks like some high class bud and your work logging your efforts was really well done. Great friggin job. :bow:

To all the other newbie growers who harvested some buds, keep them coming!

And I sincerely hope that all those who didn't finish are already hip deep in green in their next round.

:woohoo: