What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vote for the Newbie Summer Bud Contest!

Vote for the Newbie Summer Bud Contest!

• AlbertMarkovski

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NYUrbanFarmer

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Kalyx

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Firebrand

• hicksticky

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Dank Assassin

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • MHBGuy

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • ssq.talker

• NoSocSlic

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Canabuz

• Total voters

hicksticky

Still at large...
Yes, I second that MHB,

Wow, what a ride! Big prop.'s to Kalyx, you knock it out of the park and I can honestly say I learned something from your dedication with everything but especially from your logging efforts.

And MHB what a ride indeed, neck and neck its was fun but your dedication definitely deserves a place ahead of mine. OH yeah a sampling of all our efforts would be a great way to finish.

To all that made this possible Big Thanks, safe to say this wouldn't have happened with out you.

There are some awesome grows that were logged with this contest, all participants were contenders and should be proud, maybe a "Newbie Summer Bud Contest Reunion" lol.

Lets not forget the ones who help decide the outcome, The Voters. Not over whelming in numbers but a force to be recon with lol. Serious though Thank you

Last edited:

Kalyx

I have to agree with everything said by MHBGuy and hickysticky.

Huge thanks to Payaso NYUrban Farmer and everyone else involved in organizing and putting this competition together. Awesome of the support and providing prizes by BOG, Med-Man and SeedBay, thank you all for your generosity and contributions. I want to thank ICMag, all the contestants and supporters this was a great competition, very enjoyable and an excellent way to meet people and get to know this great community.

I really enjoyed this competition and running a grow log. This was my first grow in a good many years and the first log I have ever run. I made a lot of mistakes but learned so much from them and this community here at IC. With out this event I don't feel I would have met nearly as many great people and growers that make up this community. Im humbled and honored to have won, thanks to all of my friends, supporters and competitors. There were some truly great grows and excellent logs, I honestly feel that everyone did an amazing job. I hope everyone is enjoying the fruits of their labors, I know a lot of hard work, time, effort and love were put into everyones grows and logs.

@sourpuss - Thanks you very much sour I appreciate it. Not sure what the prizes are looks like they are from Med-Man, BOG and SeedBay. Im sure whatever they are it will be some fire and greatly appreciated, can never go wrong with the quality and integrity of BOG and Med-Man.

@MHBGuy - Thank you for the kind words I really do appreciate it. I had so much fun doing this log and grow, learned so much and the finished product far exceeded my expectations. I was very lucky to hit a winning plant with only 1 female pheno, just goes to show the magic to be found in Bodhi Seeds. I love your log and grow MHBGuy looks like some killer smoke and beautiful plants. It shows you give them lots of love and care, keep up the great work! Your grow has also made me want to pop the Rare Dankness seeds I have even more. I keep hearing good things about their gear and your grow certainly backs up what I have been hearing.

@hickysticky - Thanks a lot hicky I really appreciate it, this was my first time ever doing a log so it was a learning experience. Sometimes I though I was going a little overboard with information and pictures. I guess I just have a lot to say, ask any of my friends im always writing novels so I suppose its fitting. I take a lot of pride in my grow and logs, Im glad that others enjoyed the thread. I really enjoyed your log and I think you did an amazing job on your grow as well. That finished product looked great and I love seeing the colors on your live plants. I have never been able to do an outdoor grow but always wanted to, as such I really enjoyed your log. Thought you did a great smoke report as well, keep up the good work you did a great job on your grow.

-Kalyx

Raziel819

Well guys, I want to congratulate all of ya'll not just on your achievements in the competition, but with the experiences you shared. All of you were 1st place finishers but with any competition there can only be one. However, everyone who entered and harvested their grow received their prize. Thanks also go to the moderators who oversaw this comp. Without them and the sponsors (ICmag, Med-Man, BOG and SeedBay) us noob's wouldn't have had the chance to learn from the mistakes and mishaps of others and how with a little persistence, care, love and watchfulness that those same noob mistakes can be caught and turned around and still take our girls all the way to the finish line.

Thanks again guys,

Stay Frosty My Friends
Raziel819

N

NoSocSlic

Woohoo indeed!

To all the other newbie growers who harvested some buds, keep them coming!

And I sincerely hope that all those who didn't finish are already hip deep in green in their next round.

:woohoo:

I know I already am. I am doing some seed making now. I'm a little jealous of the winners. It would have been nice to get a pack of seeds, but you guys did a great job. Happy growing!

MHBGuy

I know I already am. I am doing some seed making now. I'm a little jealous of the winners. It would have been nice to get a pack of seeds, but you guys did a great job. Happy growing!

Glad to hear it NoSoc and thanks, man. Looking forward to trying out something new. Only thing I ever grew back in the old days was bag seed. And the Grape Ox are the only seeds I have ever purchased or known anything about their origin.