What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do you advertise?

think expansion

Hey guys, wondering how you all advertise here? Those of you who have a dispensary! I want to hear it! :)

What's worked? What hasnt worked?

Have you stopped? If so why?

Excited to hear from you guys! :)

wwoww

I show my stuff and front and they always come back. Some people are scared but front is the fastest way to get new customers

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Digging back into my memory here.

In general, advertising takes a minimum of three months to see the benefits. Once sales start rising, newbies tend to stop advertising because, well... they have sales. The problem is that it's a bell curve. Advertise for 3 months, start seeing sales, if you stop advertising, three months later, you're sales will be zero again (add salt to this).

All industries are different, but in general.
Image1.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	Image1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.3 KB ID:	17807954

This is Marketing 101. While it can be boring as shit, I highly recommend putting on your big boy pants and taking an Intro To Marketing college course. I'm sure you can find a free one online. You can even just audit the course so it's way cheaper. You just won't get the academic credit for it.

lowridersa

Marketing cannabis is still a difficult business. As suggested above, a website is a good start, and then look at both offline and online marketing solutions. A fairly new concept is social media influencers. There type of people also help your business navigate through the murkey world of advertising on social platforms like IG and Facebook. Something very important to look at is your websites marketing strategy, and local SEO keywords aswell as listings on business directories. Below are some articles that could help you with some ideas, and as suggested above, it can take months to see site SEO improvements and better rankings:

If you’re looking to give your dispensary marketing strategy a digital boost, SEO is your ticket.

SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. This is the process of making your website search-engine-friendly so that it ranks higher on search engines – mainly on Google.

While the exact specifics of the algorithm are secret, Google has revealed several factors that all businesses can take advantage of, dispensaries included.

Here’s a beginner’s crash course in SEO, showing how SEO can greatly boost your sales and online presence.
Why Does Dispensary SEO Matter?

Question: what’s the first thing you do when you’re looking for a nearby restaurant? You Google it, of course! You might search for something like “Italian restaurant near me” or “Chinese restaurant near me”.
Source

Your Website is Key

A dispensary’s website is the first impression that potential customers have of your shop. Is your website mobile responsive? Does it load quickly? Can customers easily contact you for support, and easily browse and order cannabis products on your menu?

Without a firm commitment to digital transformation, a dispensary can create new marketing materials and simply hope for the best, which can be costly with little results.

On the other hand, dispensaries that fully embrace digital transformation will continue to grow alongside the booming cannabis industry.
Source

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Mantis is crazy expensive. They ask you to buy a seat before you can advertise. Buying a seat is really buying your way into a club. It's like buying a Costco membership at $1000 a month before you buy advertising. Crazy if you're a small business.

If Google even suspects you are or service the cannabis industry, they deactivate your ads. Fuckers. I advertised automated curing jars, buckets and bins. Nothing about weed in there and they banned me.
(www.BorealCuring.com)

Amynamous

Mantis is crazy expensive. They ask you to buy a seat before you can advertise. Buying a seat is really buying your way into a club. It's like buying a Costco membership at $1000 a month before you buy advertising. Crazy if you're a small business.

If Google even suspects you are or service the cannabis industry, they deactivate your ads. Fuckers. I advertised automated curing jars, buckets and bins. Nothing about weed in there and they banned me.
(www.BorealCuring.com)

btw, borealseeds.com isn’t currently working. Thought you should know.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Sorry to hear that. I didn’t know.
You had some interesting strains.
Thanks. I still have them and will work to improve and stabilize them. But it's just a pet project for now. There are enough interesting strains out there already. If I can improve them into something special, I'll send them to seedbay. In the mean time, I'm focusing on Boreal Curing. I had to make them medical grade so they cost more than I wanted, but if I'm going to trust a crop to it, it has to be bullet proof.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Digging back into my memory here.

In general, advertising takes a minimum of three months to see the benefits. Once sales start rising, newbies tend to stop advertising because, well... they have sales. The problem is that it's a bell curve. Advertise for 3 months, start seeing sales, if you stop advertising, three months later, you're sales will be zero again (add salt to this).

All industries are different, but in general.

This is Marketing 101. While it can be boring as shit, I highly recommend putting on your big boy pants and taking an Intro To Marketing college course. I'm sure you can find a free one online. You can even just audit the course so it's way cheaper. You just won't get the academic credit for it.

Fibonacci's sequence alive and well :) :tiphat:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Marketing cannabis is still a difficult business. As suggested above, a website is a good start, and then look at both offline and online marketing solutions. A fairly new concept is social media influencers. There type of people also help your business navigate through the murkey world of advertising on social platforms like IG and Facebook. Something very important to look at is your websites marketing strategy, and local SEO keywords aswell as listings on business directories. Below are some articles that could help you with some ideas, and as suggested above, it can take months to see site SEO improvements and better rankings:

Source

Source

SEOs are good and bad. Because they are dynamic you can wind up chasing your own tail. You wouldn't believe the harassment I had from these "marketeers" back in the day.

Now magnify this with all the SHIT that is going on with "big tech", ummm. My advise is learn how to do it, you don't need someone pocketing your profits over "their" marketing. I'm 64 and I still remember and use the marketing tools I learned in gr10. Things might have changed but concepts (standards) and a good dose of common sense, remain the same. Unfortunately, common sense has left the bldg! :tiphat:

lowridersa

Switcher56 , wise words and cant disagree that sound marketing principles are the best advice for anyone. And yes even trying to stay ahead of the tech game is hard for tech savvy guys.

Cuddles

SEOs are good and bad. Because they are dynamic you can wind up chasing your own tail. You wouldn't believe the harassment I had from these "marketeers" back in the day.

Now magnify this with all the SHIT that is going on with "big tech", ummm. My advise is learn how to do it, you don't need someone pocketing your profits over "their" marketing. I'm 64 and I still remember and use the marketing tools I learned in gr10. Things might have changed but concepts (standards) and a good dose of common sense, remain the same. Unfortunately, common sense has left the bldg! :tiphat:

I´ve had so-called marketing experts send me spam mail too and the website wasn´t even suitable for what they were advertising. Not only that but those peoples emails already proved that they´re not real professionals and donn´t know what the hell they´re doing. I mean, they couldn´t even put a decent message together - like using paragraphs for instance. I just kept deleting them. If they spam YOU in such a way I don´t want to see what they do to potential customers other than that they´ll just drive them away from your business instead of wanting to buy from you.

Cuddles

weeell, Instagram didn´t want my business and facebook is a load of shite and they own insta (maybe that´s why it´s so customer unfriendly , dunno)
so I´ve started looking elsewhere -print magazines in particular, -good old fashioned way but I´m also looking at Pinterest.

Latest posts

Latest posts