Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
    Digging back into my memory here.

In general, advertising takes a minimum of three months to see the benefits. Once sales start rising, newbies tend to stop advertising because, well... they have sales. The problem is that it's a bell curve. Advertise for 3 months, start seeing sales, if you stop advertising, three months later, you're sales will be zero again (add salt to this).

All industries are different, but in general.
    Click image for larger version Name:	Image1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.3 KB ID:	17807954

This is Marketing 101. While it can be boring as shit, I highly recommend putting on your big boy pants and taking an Intro To Marketing college course. I'm sure you can find a free one online. You can even just audit the course so it's way cheaper. You just won't get the academic credit for it.
    Fibonacci's sequence alive and well
    Harlequin & Acapulco Gold manifold grow
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=81581

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
    the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
    may their arms be too short to scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by lowridersa View Post
      Marketing cannabis is still a difficult business. As suggested above, a website is a good start, and then look at both offline and online marketing solutions. A fairly new concept is social media influencers. There type of people also help your business navigate through the murkey world of advertising on social platforms like IG and Facebook. Something very important to look at is your websites marketing strategy, and local SEO keywords aswell as listings on business directories. Below are some articles that could help you with some ideas, and as suggested above, it can take months to see site SEO improvements and better rankings:

Source

Source
      SEOs are good and bad. Because they are dynamic you can wind up chasing your own tail. You wouldn't believe the harassment I had from these "marketeers" back in the day.

Now magnify this with all the SHIT that is going on with "big tech", ummm. My advise is learn how to do it, you don't need someone pocketing your profits over "their" marketing. I'm 64 and I still remember and use the marketing tools I learned in gr10. Things might have changed but concepts (standards) and a good dose of common sense, remain the same. Unfortunately, common sense has left the bldg!
      Harlequin & Acapulco Gold manifold grow
      https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=81581

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
      but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
      the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
      may their arms be too short to scratch.

Comment

Switcher56 , wise words and cant disagree that sound marketing principles are the best advice for anyone. And yes even trying to stay ahead of the tech game is hard for tech savvy guys.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Switcher56 View Post

SEOs are good and bad. Because they are dynamic you can wind up chasing your own tail. You wouldn't believe the harassment I had from these "marketeers" back in the day.

Now magnify this with all the SHIT that is going on with "big tech", ummm. My advise is learn how to do it, you don't need someone pocketing your profits over "their" marketing. I'm 64 and I still remember and use the marketing tools I learned in gr10. Things might have changed but concepts (standards) and a good dose of common sense, remain the same. Unfortunately, common sense has left the bldg!
          I´ve had so-called marketing experts send me spam mail too and the website wasn´t even suitable for what they were advertising. Not only that but those peoples emails already proved that they´re not real professionals and donn´t know what the hell they´re doing. I mean, they couldn´t even put a decent message together - like using paragraphs for instance. I just kept deleting them. If they spam YOU in such a way I don´t want to see what they do to potential customers other than that they´ll just drive them away from your business instead of wanting to buy from you.

Comment

weeell, Instagram didn´t want my business and facebook is a load of shite and they own insta (maybe that´s why it´s so customer unfriendly , dunno)
            so I´ve started looking elsewhere -print magazines in particular, -good old fashioned way but I´m also looking at Pinterest.

Comment

For SEO, it's simple. Original content is king. Copy an article verbatim and you'll get penalized. Rework it in your own words and you'll do ok. Your web site and content should be lazer focused on what you sell. Don't try to be everything to everyone or you'll lose. Keep everything in context.

While SEO is simple, it can take months to move out of Google's sandbox and into the general index. Your site will move from 1st page to 10rh and back for a while, so DON'T make changes until you see it settle in a spot.

Another thing you should do is use a proxy or something to randomize who you are when searching your site because Google knows who you are and it'll bias your results.

It's a lot of work that can take a few months to see results.
              ---

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
              --Socrates

Comment

xxxxxxx
                Last edited by CosmicGiggle; 07-23-2021, 11:44. Reason: off-topic post removed

Comment

Working...
                X