What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Private Canna Cultivator

damien50

My state legalized medical and I've been pretty unsatisfied working within the framework to provide medicine for my patients. From a point of efficiency I've wasted time and money to cultivate the way there state wants me to. I've given up my licenses for cultivation in part due to my personal vision of how I would like to provide medicine and a slight legal run in police. Being licensed by the state allowed police to enter my facility on a whim and my only comfort was security cameras but still an incredibly uncomfortable situation.

I've seen that dispensaries in some states were offering memberships in exchange for patient plant count. They all offer the same to some degree in the form of discounts and small benefits. I like the idea but it is too commercial and lacking but still an idea I've played with.

So on to my vision. Sorry if this is long.

I want to privately and discretely provide cannabis for patients without the legalities that come with state laws - plant count, LEO, etc.- down to the preferred chop time per client wishes. The aim is to provide high quality flower to patients based on contracted agreements that provide benefits and exclusivity. Should a patient desire a particular strain I would provide a timeline and associated cost for initial down payment and work the genetics per client should my current crop of mothers be unsatisfactory for their needs.

I have been playing with the idea of yearly memberships that provide quality at a lesser price but also would allow me to care for those in fixed income as well. By having a certain amount of regular clients I could bring in a couple of patients on a fixed income and provide at a lesser price.

There is a small network of growers I'm involved with that harbor the same doubt and distrust of the legal system. We all want to provide high quality but many of us are SOG growers who value timelines and efficiency. We want to cut out the middle man to allow patients to have access to the cultivators to help really shape treatment in a way that caregivers and dispensaries don't.

Is what I'm talking about already a reality? Any particular advice? I'm open to criticism and I don't want to jump into something that isn't going to be good for everyone involved or be more risk than reward.

djav59

Screw it all.
Decriminalize it .
It is a fucking weed.

The only good it does is in the hands of master growers .
I don't get all these approaches all of it are middle men especially government trying to get their cut of something they have no entitlement to.
End prohibition now.

amanda88

I did the same like you years ago but with independent film making ...Form a Co -op have a 'public' meeting, get a community lawyer to file the paper work

slowly incorperate assets..so its a group thing ensure you are on the committie
remember its 'fun' when often its not ...lol

damien50

I did the same like you years ago but with independent film making ...Form a Co -op have a 'public' meeting, get a community lawyer to file the paper work

slowly incorperate assets..so its a group thing ensure you are on the committie
remember its 'fun' when often its not ...lol

What does the public meeting do?

Is there anything else I should be thinking about?

I truly want this to be successful and I know not everyone can or will grow for themselves but $400 for an oz for someone suffering from chronic issues isn't right imo.

budsicles

This kind of reminds me how some people sell raw milk in my area. It's illegal to sell raw milk here, so producers have come up with a couple of ways to get around it. One way is to sell shares to customers guaranteeing a certain amount of milk per week in exchange for a monthly membership fee. Buyers basically purchase a share of the cow instead of paying for the milk directly. Another way some producers/distributors get around the law is to put a sticker on the milk jar saying "not for human consumption". Maybe if you did both of these tactics you could work your way around the system? I don't know. It's going to depend on local laws.

damien50

This kind of reminds me how some people sell raw milk in my area. It's illegal to sell raw milk here, so producers have come up with a couple of ways to get around it. One way is to sell shares to customers guaranteeing a certain amount of milk per week in exchange for a monthly membership fee. Buyers basically purchase a share of the cow instead of paying for the milk directly. Another way some producers/distributors get around the law is to put a sticker on the milk jar saying "not for human consumption". Maybe if you did both of these tactics you could work your way around the system? I don't know. It's going to depend on local laws.

I've pretty much figured out that as long as my patients have their card and 4oz or less then they are legally fine.

Our plant count is 6 clones, 6 veg, 6 flower for a total of 18 per patient. I run 3x3 trays and basically wasted resources trying to meet client demand with an insufficient plant count.

I do love your idea. The trick is keeping the cultivators private until the laws loosen. I almost wish prohibition had remained but being able to watch people feel better has been a blessing. I'm not longer some drug dealer and clients aren't pot heads anymore.

I've been thinking of yearly contracts and micro contracts to work strains. Basically asking clients to pay a lump sum for medicines tuned to them so to speak but with guaranteed supply. I'm glad it doesn't seem like a bad idea though.

Thank you!

T

TakenByTheSky

Legalization and big rec ruined things.

I like the old medical model better where you had a "patient" and "caregiver" situation and you could take "donations"

DarthFader1

Veteran
My state legalized medical and I've been pretty unsatisfied working within the framework to provide medicine for my patients. From a point of efficiency I've wasted time and money to cultivate the way there state wants me to. I've given up my licenses for cultivation in part due to my personal vision of how I would like to provide medicine and a slight legal run in police. Being licensed by the state allowed police to enter my facility on a whim and my only comfort was security cameras but still an incredibly uncomfortable situation.

I've seen that dispensaries in some states were offering memberships in exchange for patient plant count. They all offer the same to some degree in the form of discounts and small benefits. I like the idea but it is too commercial and lacking but still an idea I've played with.

I want to privately and discretely provide cannabis for patients without the legalities that come with state laws - plant count, LEO, etc.- down to the preferred chop time per client wishes. The aim is to provide high quality flower to patients based on contracted agreements that provide benefits and exclusivity. Should a patient desire a particular strain I would provide a timeline and associated cost for initial down payment and work the genetics per client should my current crop of mothers be unsatisfactory for their needs.

I have been playing with the idea of yearly memberships that provide quality at a lesser price but also would allow me to care for those in fixed income as well. By having a certain amount of regular clients I could bring in a couple of patients on a fixed income and provide at a lesser price.

There is a small network of growers I'm involved with that harbor the same doubt and distrust of the legal system. We all want to provide high quality but many of us are SOG growers who value timelines and efficiency. We want to cut out the middle man to allow patients to have access to the cultivators to help really shape treatment in a way that caregivers and dispensaries don't.

Is what I'm talking about already a reality? Any particular advice? I'm open to criticism and I don't want to jump into something that isn't going to be good for everyone involved or be more risk than reward.

Wow, timely thread.

I was about to start a thread to talk about how professional growers felt about the legal industry.

A little background on myself.. Im a employed professional grower in the legal industry NOT in USA/Canada. Before i started this job I grew underground full time for 12 years. I would never refer to myself as a master grower at least not yet but I know my shit and I know the weed game inside out. THIS IS MY LIFE.

The legal industry is beyond a total joke. I am so bitter about so many aspects of it I have days when I just want to quit go back to growing black market and get a regular job.

Theft of intellectual property is a huge concern. I had this insolent little POS assistant who i've had the unfortunate pleasure of having to "train" OMFG never again. All these corporate business people coming into the game with zero experience or respect for cannabis. You guys should see some of these legal grows. Its absolutely horrific. For every one ethical hardworking honest grower there are 10 absolute pieces of shit that are ruining the game just by their presence and appalling standards.

Haha i think i needed to get that out.. vent a bit, just really over it at the moment.

OP i feel you bro :huggg: I like the sound of what you're talking about. I do believe that the black / grey market will always control a large chunk of the total buyers market. I fucking admire your vision bro, I really do. Most of these legal weed companies will be out of business bankrupt in the next decade, craft growing is the future!! One grower can only support so many patients but strength in numbers though. Organizing groups like these can be hard as it takes cooperation from all its members and well, we all know how well humans get along! It takes a strong leader to put something like this together. I hope you do!!

Peace
Darth

Last edited:

DarthFader1

Veteran
Screw it all.
Decriminalize it .
It is a fucking weed.

The only good it does is in the hands of master growers .
I don't get all these approaches all of it are middle men especially government trying to get their cut of something they have no entitlement to.
End prohibition now.

Well said Sir.

Middle men taking their cut of something they have no entitlement to.

Your goddamn right.

The corruption, money grabbing and unethical behaviour inside the legal weed industry is a crime against humanity.

damien50

Wow, timely thread.

I was about to start a thread to talk about how professional growers felt about the legal industry.

A little background on myself.. Im a employed professional grower in the legal industry NOT in USA/Canada. Before i started this job I grew underground full time for 12 years. I would never refer to myself as a master grower at least not yet but I know my shit and I know the weed game inside out. THIS IS MY LIFE.

The legal industry is beyond a total joke. I am so bitter about so many aspects of it I have days when I just want to quit go back to growing black market and get a regular job.

Theft of intellectual property is a huge concern. I had this insolent little POS assistant who i've had the unfortunate pleasure of having to "train" OMFG never again. All these corporate business people coming into the game with zero experience or respect for cannabis. You guys should see some of these legal grows. Its absolutely horrific. For every one ethical hardworking honest grower there are 10 absolute pieces of shit that are ruining the game just by their presence and appalling standards.

Haha i think i needed to get that out.. vent a bit, just really over it at the moment.

OP i feel you bro :huggg: I like the sound of what you're talking about. I do believe that the black / grey market will always control a large chunk of the total buyers market. I fucking admire your vision bro, I really do. Most of these legal weed companies will be out of business bankrupt in the next decade, craft growing is the future!! One grower can only support so many patients but strength in numbers though. Organizing groups like these can be hard as it takes cooperation from all its members and well, we all know how well humans get along! It takes a strong leader to put something like this together. I hope you do!!

Peace
Darth

Don't get me wrong, I can grow well but some extra capital would bring consistency.

I look at like this - I know a doctor that runs a private buy in exclusive membership clinic. He offers services at a membership price and is available 24/7 to his patients.

I want to start out on my own initially but my mentor wants to assist me. Getting high is fun but I love getting high and feeling beneficial changes. This market is dominant by drug addicts who are provided drugs by scummy industry people that push THC. For me it's the robust terpene profiles I'm after that aren't bred by inexperienced breeders or white labeled. Yield doesn't mean anything if I'm not aiming for the utmost quality and I want that quality to translate to my clients.

Offering them the chance to work closely with their cultivator and in future maybe even private doctors in tandem. How great would it feel to have a strain worked out just for that one person that suffers some chronic ailment and being able to help them live with a few specially cultivated strains. That sounds like a caregiver to me rather than

A plant babysitter

But you are very right - strength in numbers and in philosophy. Developing a private co op that works through invite only with cultivators that maintain the group philosophy. Quality in the grow translates to quality in the medicine so if this vision reaches higher than just a passion there will be requirements I'm sure. I believe being able to analyze enough data for repeatable consistency is key followed by automation to make that data work. It's still expensive but I'd want the members to use systems and processes that give repeatable results.

People want cheap and free weed but pay hundreds to get opioids from a doctor. I'd like to have a membership of clients that understand the reasoning behind the pricing and will appreciate the service plus experience that comes with it.

I'm not sure where I'll really begin but eventually more growers is going to provide diversity that will only benefit the group and clients more.

Really thankful that this isn't sounding badly to anyone but I believe it could be the future and there's nothing wrong with paying for preferences.

it is

it is

It is a reality. How much experience do you have as a production (but quality) cultivator?

Your values are in the right place.

I commend you for speaking about this and realizing its not the states business to regulate a horticulturist.

There are more like you.. somewhere...here and there.

damien50

It is a reality. How much experience do you have as a production (but quality) cultivator?

Your values are in the right place.

I commend you for speaking about this and realizing its not the states business to regulate a horticulturist.

There are more like you.. somewhere...here and there.

I've been black market for four years now. I'm not currently equipped for high production yet. I'm at the point that I've outgrown my current equipment and I'm leaning towards sealed rooms but I want to start very small. I'm fine with a year or two more but my quality isn't satisfactory in my opinion and I've been taking classes to improve.

I've been treating my mother and grandmother for a few years and breaking my wife of a percoset addiction. For what I want to do I think c02 injection with tunable light spectrums is the route I want to go to provide quality though.

Much appreciated - I was offered a cultivation facility job as a head grower working under an out of state master grower but I got nervous, didn't say anything but they did not receive their license and I was profoundly happy. The best weed should be from people you know and trust who can interface with you on a personal level and have your best interest at heart. I didn't get that feeling as a potential commercial cultivator but this feels rewarding and meant to be.

MindEater

Get 2 phones. Put the word out. Run an ad. Use one number for new patients one for returning customers you actually like.

Legal grows are disgusting from my experience, no good bud ever hits the shelf, workers and their friends snatch up anything small batch/grown independently. Its all overfed sprayed warehouse weed that smells the same for obvious reasons youd have to be a moron to ignore. So that's how investors see ALLL pot smokers now,as morons who'll smoke anything frosty no matter what various bottled growstore products it smells, tastes or feels like you're smoking.

damien50

Get 2 phones. Put the word out. Run an ad. Use one number for new patients one for returning customers you actually like.

Legal grows are disgusting from my experience, no good bud ever hits the shelf, workers and their friends snatch up anything small batch/grown independently. Its all overfed sprayed warehouse weed that smells the same for obvious reasons youd have to be a moron to ignore. So that's how investors see ALLL pot smokers now,as morons who'll smoke anything frosty no matter what various bottled growstore products it smells, tastes or feels like you're smoking.

Buddy in Colorado telling me how anyone can be a grower there and make Master Grower. That title is as much a joke as the amount of people running around calling themselves consultants.

I love getting high but feeling the medication coming in is even better. Gotta find patients that have a different preference and standard over the average smoker.

I have acquired a small group of growers and some potential patients but it's a money game for equipment and I'm losing. I have plenty of space but getting optimal stuff so that I can always make good is a challenge

The idea I’ve had is to offer a maintenance service to your clients where you setup and maintain a small grow for each client at their own home within their legal plant counts. You don’t have to buy or sell anything and nobody is breaking the laws. You get paid for your knowledge and time and could possibly even sell or lease people the equipment they need.

The idea I’ve had is to offer a maintenance service to your clients where you setup and maintain a small grow for each client at their own home within their legal plant counts. You don’t have to buy or sell anything and nobody is breaking the laws. You get paid for your knowledge and time and could possibly even sell or lease people the equipment they need.

I like it.....hmmmm

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Sounds like all you need are enough clients that you custom grow for. They can be dopers, or medical, what's it matter? I have one farmer I get my stuff from, I trust him and he trusts me. Quality, variety, wholesale. No need for anyone in between. If you know enough med users, or heavy consumers, go black market IMO.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
So you had an insection type lic issued...

And now you donr want a licence?

But the authoritys have all your info?

In L.A the cannabis regulators raided many..many a cillective and unlicenced clone producers and still do...they got all there info....

Todays cameras tracking etc.. you will have to change location etc..etc.. cuz once your listed laying low is not like the 70s...

Latest posts

Latest posts