What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Brand with a word "Marijuana". Good/bad?

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Prohibition named it marijuana

Would you be happier if it was called ganjah though? A lot of the time it was. Whatever the name, it was always seen in the US as a curious if not evil narcotic. It was known as the Mexican drug marihuana by 1887 because they needed a name for it. The Mexicans came to the US and the name came with them, that's all there is to it.

thailer

i don't like neither; marijuana or cannabis. i don't like typing or saying marijuana and if i do, i am calling it marihoochie, marijoowanna, etc to try and rid the word of it's D.A.R.E. education program association.

when i hear cannabis, i feel like i am in a retail store or reading the growing rules/laws and like mentioned, its got a different but similar association for me.

everyone who is cool calls it weed.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The ward Marijuana can send some people into a full melt down best to avoid it if your thinking to use it in a brand name

kalopatchkid

Veteran
I can't think of any possible combination of words added to "Marijuana" that would sound cool as a brand.

As far as buying cannabis goes, quality speaks a lot more loudly than a brand name for me.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Although I usually call it weed or pot or even grass, I think that if you are offended by the word "marijuana", you probably weren't smoking it in the '60s and '70s..

I love these guys that say they, "MEDICATE" throughout the day..... Dude, you're a fucking stoner.

This quote from Ringodoggie says it all.... just admit it, there's no shame in it....

MindEater

Depends on where you're at.

For example, in Arizona, people are so mentally challenged you have to spell it out for them or they won't even know what your product is. Youd be better off writing "THIS GET YOU HIGH" on the jar in that market. Not a single pot shop without a big pot leaf and the word "dispensary", like damn i think we get it, but people will still walk in and ask "what is this"

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We use the term interchangeably. To older folks, I use the term cannabis (when talking tinctures, etc.) and marijuana to anyone else. When we discuss hemp, there are two classifications for the cannabis plant that produce CBD: hemp and marijuana.

Hemp-derived CBD is sourced from industrial hemp plants, which are grown primarily for their fiber and seeds.

Marijuana-derived CBD is extracted from marijuana plants that have thick, lush foliage and flowers that are generally grown and consumed for their intoxicating properties.

Experimenting with both hemp-derived and marijuana-derived CBD with varying levels of THC and CBD may be the key to finding the right product for your needs.

Depends on who you talk to and the colloquialism (ordinary terms).

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Mexico is in North America.

So far in this thread unapologetic racism trumps considerate reconsideration.

I'm neither surprised nor impressed.

Call it cannabis and if it rubs you the wrong way just think what marijuana means.

Mary Jane.

If we're not Spanish speaking as a rule then it could be construed as racism.

Considering the stigma involved in the persecution of our miraculous plant as well as its origins of introduction and importation here, it's as if calling opium Wang Fang, or moonshine Billy Bob, is being argued as preferential as opposed to opium or moonshine.

The words we speak of are terms meant for communication. Misusing them willfully, stubbornly, and repeatedly will just showcase the orator as an idiot or bigot.... or both.

rolandomota

Marijuana is the cool way I think it's stupid to be afraid of a word lol wtf the motas gots peoples brains all twisted. I don't ever ask " hey get me qp of marijuana" or "sell me some marijuana" or " do you have any cannabis?" Lol who cares what you call it I mean it's called marijuana in the law books it's called mmj what's that stand for?
If your against a word then your just strange

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Mexico is in North America.

So far in this thread unapologetic racism trumps considerate reconsideration.

I'm neither surprised nor impressed.

Call it cannabis and if it rubs you the wrong way just think what marijuana means.

Mary Jane.

If we're not Spanish speaking as a rule then it could be construed as racism.

Considering the stigma involved in the persecution of our miraculous plant as well as its origins of introduction and importation here, it's as if calling opium Wang Fang, or moonshine Billy Bob, is being argued as preferential as opposed to opium or moonshine.

The words we speak of are terms meant for communication. Misusing them willfully, stubbornly, and repeatedly will just showcase the orator as an idiot or bigot.... or both.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your post. Are you saying that using the term Marijuana is racist? LMAO

If so, turn off the TV, step away from the keyboard and seek out the services of a qualified mental health care professional. Call and make an appointment TODAY. Call them NOW and tell the secretary that it is an emergency. LMAO

If I misunderstood... never mind. LOL

Bobby Boucher

Lived in Guatemala for 4-5 years, collectively.

We always called it marijuana or mota..

I’ve spoken fluent Spanish my whole life.. and I’ve never actually pieced “marijuana” and “Merry Jane” together, so +1 for that. Merry is an English word, and Juana is a Spanish name, so the two don’t ring any bells when spoken together to a Spanish speaker without the historical footnotes.

All things considered, Happy Girl seems pretty innocuous and befitting.

Love me some happy girls.. any color or creed. Nothing more precious (or rare) than a young woman with a great attitude.

Bobby Boucher

I wouldn’t hold your breath, homie.

Considering the events of the 20th century.. I’d say “considerate reconsideration” is only something worth aiming for in your own personal affairs.

Hope is just a four letter word. Post ww2, all you can really count on is for people to be “people”.

Back to my hidey hole..

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Education of the world is key. How long has the opposition been fear mongering the general populous. That stigma won't go away overnight and, definitely not if we maintain the status quo! :tiphat:

Mr. J

Maria is Mary, not merry.

And Ringo I won't hide behind mental illness but you could probably.
At least he can admit it. You are truly mental if you believe what you wrote earlier, which Ringo was responding to. BTW, I repped your post accidentally so please don't take it as a compliment because it was almost as stupid a post as your previous one.

Latest posts

Latest posts