What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pa laws changing .. Looking to make a spread sheet for legal grow .

Bud Jones

Pa Senate bill 350 should pass .. A micro grower can do 150 plants inside .. A “grower” can do 150, 000 sq ft outside . So I’m trying to figure out a rough overhead for the outdoor grow .. Soil , smart pots .. Etc . Figured posting here could give insight..I own a 50 acre farm with established equity so I’m not opposed to a partnership scenario. I have the space .

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
We've had a few of these threads. Your best bet is to rent out your land to someone who knows what they are doing.

Bud Jones

We've had a few of these threads. Your best bet is to rent out your land to someone who knows what they are doing.
Why would I do that ? I’ve been growing outdoor for close to thirty years.. I was just wondering about a business model for projected overhead for a comparable legal outdoor grow .

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Bud Jones I think we have the beginnings of a nice understanding here a consensus. Sanctioned legal permitted growing for $1000 or $5,000 per year and taxes sets a precedent. Whether you are all for applying and receiving a permit to operate a dispensary or would rather do something else, cannabis grows operating out in the open raises awareness. It seems less likely to be apprehended and persecuted for growing some plants in an environment where it is advertised for delivery and along the road. Passing the bill allows some to receive a permit which some may not like or quarrel about the money or taxes. In truth it does not seem likely to me that law enforcement will try to take down all grows without a permit once permits are issued .. :)

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
oInstead of posting a simple yes or no or advertising, guessing at where the money goes, unrelated to the specific details of the bill 350.

Fifty acres is enough for a thousand+ plants with nursery and cold frame areas to start them etc. Cultivating produce from mother earth is symbiotic with nature at its best, you are able to produce the highest quality nutrition for yourself and others while improving the space you are on for the next generation. For reference, purchasing some plastic containers and bottles at the hydro store is the last thing you would want to do outside on a farm as it will degrade the land and the materials are not designed for outdoor use.

Main things are mineral content of the soil things like rock dust or sea 90 if depleted and organic matter content which can be applied top dressed mixed in or grown using cover crops legumes nitrogen fixing plants flowers etc. It is comparatively relatively free to grow a productive self sustaining prairie compared to a few or a lot of one kind of plant.

webeblzr

I do not know if you ever read about Polyface Farm, down in Virginia, or not but that guy has the right idea.
Use the farm animals to be your source of fertilizers in an area for a while, then move them to another area, for a while.
Giving each area a bit of rest before planting the 4'-5' plants in the spring, you got started in Nov-Dec time frame.
Just a thought, I'm just an indoor grower myself.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
When you see the words “cannabis” and “spreadsheet” in the same sentence, it makes you realise how much the world is changing. :biggrin:
Apart from where I live, of course

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Because its a guaranteed income with none of the risks for one. If you need help with putting a spreadsheet together from others, and you're looking for a partner who knows what they are doing, it seemed from your first post that you may not have the necessary background/ knowledge base to put it all together yourself. Since you say that impression is inaccurate, I apologize and take it back. However the question of why you are here looking for help in doing something that you say you have been doing for years does then arise.