No announcement yet.

Setting up a Headshop in the uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Tunisa in the UK? I don't know. But there is nothing within an hour of me that can be taken seriously, yet the next county openly state they have no interest in busting home grows, unless they cause a problem. It's simply not economical.

Skeg-Vegas or Blackpool. Bournmouth, or Brighton. All coastal so people can't come from one direction. But all worth a day trip. If you expect people to drive for an hour or more, it's nice to give them something else to do their. These coastal places can support headshops, as people wander about just looking for something to spend on. Making it safer for the seed buying customer to slip in under the tourist banner. Seeds are, after all, souvenirs. Plus living by the sea isn't that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by f-e View Post
      Is Tunisa in the UK? I don't know. But there is nothing within an hour of me that can be taken seriously, yet the next county openly state they have no interest in busting home grows, unless they cause a problem. It's simply not economical.

Skeg-Vegas or Blackpool. Bournmouth, or Brighton. All coastal so people can't come from one direction. But all worth a day trip. If you expect people to drive for an hour or more, it's nice to give them something else to do their. These coastal places can support headshops, as people wander about just looking for something to spend on. Making it safer for the seed buying customer to slip in under the tourist banner. Seeds are, after all, souvenirs. Plus living by the sea isn't that bad.
      Sorry but a lot of Brits won’t now go to Tunisia ,,
      When a load of holiday makers were massacred on there sun beds a few years back,,,I have been to Tunisia a number of times and they are lovely people but there police force etc are “ cowards”,,,
      Called this by there own government as police officers hid around corners, hid lying down in speedboats and took 45 mins to reach the crime site when it should have took 8 minutes,,,,
      Hid ! Whilst holiday makers were massacred,,,
      Cowards so good luck with there ditch weed,,,,,s2

Comment

Nah I'm not from or ever been to Tunisia, I'm from the fens East of England.

Comment

If you are a grower, I'd advise against, its only drawing attention to you. If you're prepared to quit ( at least for the first year), then quit. Then actually go and speak to both the council, parish and county, and also the police about it.
          Even if you get the nod, local people may complain, and you're still gonna get a visit or two.
          If you do it, put in the minimum cash. Open a company, and borrow as much of the start up as you can. That way, if for some reason it does go tits up, you can walk away from it and your debts, with your cash safe. After 2 years I want an invite, but not before.
          When as men, our only guide to right and wrong is the ability or inability to act, we cannot truly call ourselves men.

Copyrights on all photographic work are reserved

Comment

If your from the Fens then Skeg-Vegas might be your answer. Obviously your just around the wash from KingsLynn there though. Where Herby set up in the corner of a headshop. I'm not sure if he is still there now, after a post about sending seeds out from Spain now. My last visit found staff from eastern Europe on the counter. It's 3 years since I drove out there though. I'm not sure if he has vacated the premises or not. Leaving a place open in the market, that has a track record. Skeg though.. Skeg would be better. A lot more foot traffic. More holiday money. More reasons to visit. Better transport links. Probably existing shops you could get in with. It's quite do-able. Or move inland, on the main M1 or A1 corridors.

Comment

Ah you see I was going to go in with my friend, 50/50 in costs but I was going to be a front man as my friend is a much bigger grower than me. He can carry on and just be a silent partner to the shop.
              I do fully expect some visits if we do set up shop from the police and some grumbles from Conservative locals.
              Early next year I will get in touch with council and even the police to discuss the plans and I will take it from there. I think the idea of setting it up in city centre maybe a hurdle, maybe that's why previous head shops are always tucked away.

Where I live is like halfway between London and Birmingham literally 5 mins off the A1m.
              I'm not looking to move out of town, Skegness is about an hours drive from us.

Comment

Forget the idea that anyone involved can be silent and invisible. Your gonna get done for money laundering at least if you try it. Unless you know how to and can afford to. But unless you believe you're going to be in profit to the tune of 50k per year net, its not worth the costs. The only cheap way is for your partner to lend the money to a limited company you set up at market interest rates. But then unless he can prove the source of the cash, you're both in the frame for money laundering again.
                When as men, our only guide to right and wrong is the ability or inability to act, we cannot truly call ourselves men.

Comment

Ah you see that was kinda the plan of which you speak. He's selling one of his 2 houses that's where the start up money will come from and it will appear as a loan made to me.
                  Lol this town is full of money laundering businesses. A bloke I used to work for until last year used to wash money for a grower even.

The profit projection and basic business plan is something that is still to be made. At the moment this all just an idea, an idea that could be a reality.
                  As I stated before I'm very cautious though. So early next year when I begin looking at it seriously if it don't work on paper then it won't happen.

I know there's a need to be fulfilled here but I think the location of my town, its council and police will be the biggest problem.

Comment

If you take it as a personal loan, then you'll still owe the money even if the business goes under. Either borrow the money through the limited company, or put a clause in the paperwork stating that repayment is dependant on the business being profitable to the tune of X plus repayment level. Where X is the minimum you'll work there for.

Comment

Oh and its easy to launder money, but it takes time and money to launder it legally.

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
                        It depends a lot on the local council - if they want to cause problems for you - then they will - if you live in a more liberal minded, and governed area then that is unlikely - what sort of council are you under? - conservative/labour/lib-dems?

For over a decade I was in the head-shop - seed-shop - grow-shop - tattoo/piercing bizz in the UK - and also had the Seedboutique in Amsterdam.
                        Don't set up in a predominantly muslim location either, remember it's haram to their faith.
                        "Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government".....

Comment

Working...
                        X