What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Setting up a Headshop in the uk

GGNo2

Ah you see I was going to go in with my friend, 50/50 in costs but I was going to be a front man as my friend is a much bigger grower than me. He can carry on and just be a silent partner to the shop.
I do fully expect some visits if we do set up shop from the police and some grumbles from Conservative locals.
Early next year I will get in touch with council and even the police to discuss the plans and I will take it from there. I think the idea of setting it up in city centre maybe a hurdle, maybe that's why previous head shops are always tucked away.

Where I live is like halfway between London and Birmingham literally 5 mins off the A1m.
I'm not looking to move out of town, Skegness is about an hours drive from us.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Forget the idea that anyone involved can be silent and invisible. Your gonna get done for money laundering at least if you try it. Unless you know how to and can afford to. But unless you believe you're going to be in profit to the tune of 50k per year net, its not worth the costs. The only cheap way is for your partner to lend the money to a limited company you set up at market interest rates. But then unless he can prove the source of the cash, you're both in the frame for money laundering again.

GGNo2

Ah you see that was kinda the plan of which you speak. He's selling one of his 2 houses that's where the start up money will come from and it will appear as a loan made to me.
Lol this town is full of money laundering businesses. A bloke I used to work for until last year used to wash money for a grower even.

The profit projection and basic business plan is something that is still to be made. At the moment this all just an idea, an idea that could be a reality.
As I stated before I'm very cautious though. So early next year when I begin looking at it seriously if it don't work on paper then it won't happen.

I know there's a need to be fulfilled here but I think the location of my town, its council and police will be the biggest problem.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
If you take it as a personal loan, then you'll still owe the money even if the business goes under. Either borrow the money through the limited company, or put a clause in the paperwork stating that repayment is dependant on the business being profitable to the tune of X plus repayment level. Where X is the minimum you'll work there for.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Oh and its easy to launder money, but it takes time and money to launder it legally.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
It depends a lot on the local council - if they want to cause problems for you - then they will - if you live in a more liberal minded, and governed area then that is unlikely - what sort of council are you under? - conservative/labour/lib-dems?

For over a decade I was in the head-shop - seed-shop - grow-shop - tattoo/piercing bizz in the UK - and also had the Seedboutique in Amsterdam.

Don't set up in a predominantly muslim location either, remember it's haram to their faith.

Latest posts

Latest posts