No announcement yet.

Dropshipping cannabis seeds business with worldwide shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generally, the 'commission' is paid by the manufacturer/grower/seller/whatever rather than a cost plus. That would be more like a retailer.

Think... manufacturer's representative. I did that for years. Sold other people's products because I was better at it than they were. Or, maybe a niche market. I sold to the DoD. A market that most of my manufacturer's were not familiar with. And, I often put my name on their products. Products you know like Alcoa and Alcan were in a white box with my company's name and logo on it rather than Alcoa's. This kept the Alcoa distributors in that area from realizing I was selling the same product as they were in their own back yard that was protected under their distributor agreement with Alcoa.

I was a little confused by the hateful replies as well.

The American Psychiatric Association's standard reference for psychiatry defines over 450 different mental disorders. I suffer from most of them.
    Please be understanding if I act a tiny bit unusual at times. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by GMT View Post
      Its quite an easy proposal actually. If you have the ability to set up a very nice web site, promote that site, get your s.e.o. sorted.
      If you can do that, its easy, but why would you get more for the same seeds than anyone else would?
      That's the real problem here. You're only marketing would be online. People who are online, do their searches. If price or reputation of seller has anything to do with choice, you're screwed.
      The only option to cost plus pricing would be a commission deal. Which maybe workable, but not if you're also looking for OEM. That creates work and at a reduced income for the company doing the work. They'll kick you to the curb for that request.
      Question is, do you have the cash to put up for your end? Do you have the skills?
      That's the problem. He ain't setting up a company, he doesn't want to spend money on the seeds, nor ship and handle em. He just wants to set up a store that works on drop shipping.

Drop shipping is a supply chain management method in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock but instead transfers the customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer, another retailer, or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer. As in retail business, the majority of retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price, but some retailers earn an agreed percentage of the sales in commission, paid by the wholesaler to the retailer.
      So he would just be a BS 3rd party middleman, who only runs his online store, takes no risks, doesn't put money down on the seeds, does none of the actual work involved in the process like growing the plants, breeding, selection, sorting, shipping, handling, etc etc. But jacks up the prices for the customer and/or takes a cut from the breeder's profit after a sale.

Like someone said earlier, if the customer buys straight from the source and eliminates the middleman, the seeds will most likely be cheaper for the customer to purchase and the breeder gets to keep his share without that middleman shaving off 25% from the top. (or whatever his commission is.)

While I think the drop shipping business model is legal, it's not far away from a scam. So yea, some of the replies were a bit harsh, but I understand

A question to the original poster: You started another thread a while ago where you were asking for advice on breeding your own autoflower strain here..
      Yet in this thread you say: "I want to market seeds, not breed them or send them from the country that has the most restricted cannabis laws."

So which is it?

Originally posted by Hamlet
      To breed, or not to breed, that is the question:
      Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
      The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
      Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
      And by opposing end them
      sigpic
      Another Macho Man approved post. Oooh Yeaah!

Comment

Something like this sounds like it would be a breeding ground for scammers and bunk seeds. The seeds game has changed a lot over the years always look for real reviews.

Comment

Maybe you can sell more of true terpenes dilutent as terps.

Lmfao

Comment

People are so fucking judgemental without any clue of what shit they are talking.

Originally posted by CannaRed View Post
            Not sure about everyone else but, when I purchase seeds, I want them straight from breeder.
            I understand your concern. Everyone wants that.

Where would you go if you want milk? To the cow or mall? There are probably 3 middle men involved until you actually drinking it.

Originally posted by BadTicket View Post

A question to the original poster: You started another thread a while ago where you were asking for advice on breeding your own autoflower strain here..
            Yet in this thread you say: "I want to market seeds, not breed them or send them from the country that has the most restricted cannabis laws."
            So which is it?
            Congratulations Sherlock.

I've been in marketing for about 15 years and approximately 8 years observing cannabis industry and history. I love pot, I love read books about it. This is my hobby and my real passion. I would love to do it everyday and start my own seedbank but this is not gonna happen where I currently reside. There is too much risk involved to start my own lab and send seeds abroad.

I started looking into ways how to connect my skills with my biggest passion. Strange things happening down here. You ask a simple business question in a business section of this forum and you get "polite / professional" answers like that.
            Last edited by Tranquilidade; 03-07-2020, 12:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquilidade View Post
              People are so fucking judgemental without any clue of what shit they are talking.

I understand your concern. Everyone wants that.

Where would you go if you want milk? To the cow or mall? There are probably 3 middle men involved until you actually drinking it.
              You are looking at this wrong.
              I'm not buying the milk. I'm buying the fucking COW.
              If I want a specific bloodline of cow I'm going straight to the breeder.
              "I have only read fragments of your posts. But I have read enough to know that you can grow some mean herb."
              --- CVH

My current thread

Comment

Yeah, what do you think you are, Amazon?
                Ignoring
                [one] mini-stalker since 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquilidade View Post
                  The people have spoken and it seems to me at least on the surface, they are telling you to sex and travel. We are not interested! Not everything these days can be labelled hate, because it is convenient to do so.
                  Harlequin & Acapulco Gold manifold grow
                  https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=81581

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
                  but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
                  the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
                  may their arms be too short to scratch.

Comment

I'm not buying the milk. I'm buying the fucking COW.
                    If I want a specific bloodline of cow I'm going straight to the breeder.

But what if the cow you want is in a country that has a brucellosis epidemic, the USA won't allow it to be imported. You know the cow you want is disease free but the breeder won't ship it illegally. But someone else is willing to take the cow to Germany and ship it from there legally. And you really want that sweet sweet cream.

There was a guy in my area that was a distributor for several breeders that didn't ship to the USA. He was cool, easy to deal with and fair. But he left the seeds in their breeder packs. I've bought from a seed distributor that bought seeds from breeders and then packaged them. It was a fiasco, mislabeled the seeds I got.

Now you can buy hemp seed that germinate and sell them to growers as the real deal. Cannabis takes a long time to grow from seed, by the time the customers find they were ripped it's too late. I'm not implying you're dishonest and this is your plan but it's in people's minds and accounts for part of the negative reaction. You'll need to build a reputation as an honest and fair businessman to gain the trust necessary to succeed which ain't easy, especially with the time involved.

As legalization spreads it's getting much easier to obtain quality seed. It's much easier to contact breeders and either buy directly from them or from their reputable retailers. Not saying there's not a niche for what you want to do, I'm no expert but there's a reason there's not many people doing what you're planning. I'm not sure if there's talented breeders out there that will bite when there's plenty of distributors that sell breeder packs. There's nothing a breeder hates more then losing credit for their work.

Comment

This entire site and all the posts on it were paid for by a middleman business. Yes there was an actual company storing and shipping, but we weren't buying from breeders most of the time.

What this guy needs to do is contact other middlemen, and bring them together under a collective umbrella, like alibaba for cannabis seeds. He increases their sales, they get a reduction in profit per sale but an increase in overall profits. Everyone wins, where's the harm?
                      When as men, our only guide to right and wrong is the ability or inability to act, we cannot truly call ourselves men.

Copyrights on all photographic work are reserved

Comment

I don't see gypo passing off others work as his own.

I know larger banks that do, but they marginalized themselves ages ago.

Comment

How can somebody who registered in 2015 be so fucking stupid?
                          You may not vote on any more threads today.
                          Don't sweat the technique.
                          And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.

Comment

Wow, strange thread. LOL Lots of varying opinions on something that I thought was black and white.

All the things the OP talked about are standard business models in the US. And, pretty much always have been.

I'm not sure I understand the opposition. Very few businesses take raw to retail. There are almost always a number of middle men. Retailers. wholesalers, reps, dealers, distributors.

Many home improvement companies are like this. In home salesman selling something they have nothing to do with. A private contractor comes in behind him and does the work under separate contract.

I know very few manufacturers who sell retail.

Not taking one side or the other. Just saying I don't understand the opposition's side.

The American Psychiatric Association's standard reference for psychiatry defines over 450 different mental disorders. I suffer from most of them.

Comment

One of the points of the internet was to remove the middleman who provides nothing of value except lining his own pockets. Also coming in and asking the people who breed/grow the weed, to sell him their product so he can resell it while providing nothing of value? Kind of a dick move, even in bird culture.
                              You may not vote on any more threads today.
                              Don't sweat the technique.
                              And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.

Comment

I respectfully disagree. I don't think Bayer will ever start selling aspirin direct on the internet. Nor will CocaCola.

Some business models allow for direct sales and others don't. Plus, some companies don't want the hassle of retail. I'm sure Bayer and Coke could do it if they wanted to. Why don't they? It simply doesn't fit their business model.

America was built on middlemen. The small Mom and Pop store that made nothing and sold everything. All the way up to WalMart. I think you are wrong saying the middleman adds nothing. I was a 'middleman' much of my business life and I added plenty to the products. Like tech support that the manufacturer simply did not do. Like customer service 24/7, again, that the manufacturer would never do.

No big deal. Everyone s entitled to their own opinion about capitalism. Personally, I'm a capitalist and it's been good to me. People who have failed at it generally don't like it. As long as it's honest, I'm all for it. If 20 people can make money off of every bottle of Coke sold rather than just Coca Cola making money, how can that be bad?

Love you bud. Please don't take this as an assault.

Just curious... what do you do for a living?

Comment

Working...
                                X